Holiday Inn Express Crystal River
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
King's Bay Lodge(Crystal River)
Econo Lodge(Crystal River)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskcinnamon rollspancake machinemanatee tourhi expressgreat hotellate checkmanatee swimfree breakfastwould definitely stay here againbiscuits and gravyhot breakfastyogurtclean hotelearly morningthe breakfast areabooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2011

If you are heading to Crystal River, this hotel is great for families. We stayed in the "2 kings sized beds with the pull out couch" and it was perfect for our family of 4. The staff was very friendly and ensured that our needs were met. We checked in late, and the front desk staff offered to keep the pool open later so we could go for a swim. Breakfast was great (for a continental breakfast).

1  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here the night of 12/26/2011, the night before our early morning swim with the manatees.

We were greeted warmly by the staff when we arrived. We were told about the Crystal River area and the local attractions, given some fresh baked cookies, and suggestions for where to eat for dinner. Imran also share his recent adventures with the mantatees, making us all the more excited for our trip the next day!

Our room was beautiful, 2 king beds and a pull out sleeper sofa, great for the 5 of us! The next morning, breakfast was available early as many of the hotel guests had to leave early for the manatee swim.

We would highly recommend this hotel, the staff and the accomodations were both great! A special thanks to Imran, who went above and beyond for us when we arrived and throughout our stay that night with other misc requests!

Reviewed December 27, 2011

What a great experience. Greeted with chocolate chip cookies, clean and spacious room and nice breakfast. We had a 6:15 a.m. swim reservation and they had breakfast ready at 5:30. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I recently returned from a 1-night stay in Crystal River as part of a longer trip through Florida. I stay at HIX properties frequently, and have to say this is one of the best! The hotel is a fairly new property, well-located, very comfortable, and best of all, the staff goes out of their way to treat you like family. Upon check-in, we received cookies and bottled water as thanks for being a Priority Club member. The staff also went out of their way to check on restaurant opening hours, tell us about local events, and even offer a late check-out so we'd have time to shower after our manatee swim the next day.

The hotel itself is a very nice property. There is a large breakfast area, as well as a small fitness center, and an outdoor pool. Our room was very large, and was very clean. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room, perfect for leftovers. There is also a flat-screen TV if you are spending time in your room.

My number one priority for a great stay is a good night's rest, and I am thankful that I received exactly that. The rooms are well sound-proofed, and there is a selection of pillows for your comfort. I slept like a baby!

The location is perfect for a stay in Crystal River. We had about a five-minute drive to our manatee swim in the morning, and it was close to the town's restaurants. Crackers Tiki Bar seemed to be "the place to be" at night, and we enjoyed a fresh seafood lunch (cheap!) at Charlie's Fish House, both about five minutes away. The state parks are also easily accessible from here, and both Tampa & Orlando are about 90 minutes away. There was plenty of parking at the hotel.

Breakfast was a typical spread, with processed eggs, sausage, as well as a traditional assortment of breads, pastries, and cereals. My companion was intrigued by the pancake machine - I have to admit I haven't ever seen anything like it.

I highly recommend this hotel to all visitors. I wish I could return, since I had such an excellent stay, but I'm not sure the Crystal River area has enough attractions to warrant a return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My niece and I stayed there in Dec 2011 for 3 nights. We were there to swim with the manatees and this hotel was perfect because it was close to River Ventures. The staff greeted us like long lost friends and after we had been in the room about 20 minutes the front desk called us to see if our room was okay. On Saturday nite the room next to us had some teenage or young adult girls staying there and they were very loud and slamming into the walls, running up and down the halls. I called the front desk about 1030-1100p and asked if they could do something and within minutes of ending the call with the front desk, the situation was taken care of. Thanks!! Everyone at the hotel was friendly and the breakfast in the morning was nice. I will stay here again!!