“Oh!! What a Place”

Dan's Clam Stand
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a Family Restaurant. We are Known for our Fried Shrimp Specials as well as the Best Hamburger in Citrus County. We Feature New England Whole Belly Clams, New Bedford Scallops, Maine Lobster. Alligator is also a Local favorite as well as Raw clams And Oysters. Our Clam Chowda is Wicked Awesome! Dan is from Manomet Mass.January 25th Dan's will be open for 20 years
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We visited Dan's Clam Stand on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Florida. We had never tried clams before and Dan brought out fresh live clams for us to see. We then had a selection of clams to try. We are now hooked and look forward to tasting Dan's clams again.

The service and friendliness of the staff was first class. We even discovered that one of the staff was born in England......a small world!!!

We highly recommend this establishment for its ambiance. If you've not been yet, you are missing a treat.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a simple place, with good quality food cooked simple. I really enjoyed our dinner there. We had lobster, snow crabs and clams. The clams were different to the ones I've had in the North East, but enjoyable non the less.

I do recommend this place.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

In Crystal River for several weeks and been here twice. The clam chowder is the best! Fried shrimp very good also. My husband had the cheeseburger and said it was the best burger he has had in a long long time. Very affordable, staff is so friendly. Will be there one more time before we have to leave.

1  Thank Cheryl A
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Amazing clams, wonderful service. Lived in Florida 24 years and miss fresh clams, scallops and lobster every day. NO MORE. This place is bringing Ipswich clams, New Bedford Scallops and Maine lobster to the plate cooked perfectly. I always complain about the overcooking of fish, not here. Its only 2 miles off hwy 19 or 26 miles off I-75. Worth the trip either way. Service by Sean could not have been better.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Me and my Dad go to Dans Clam Stand often, we've always loved it, the food is amazing, the service is great, such friendly waitresses/waiters and ive never had a problem with anything ive eaten there besides not being able to eat it all before leaving :p and i love being able to sit outside. our waitress today was Donna, first time having her, but she was so nice and had me laughing shes by far the best server there in my opinion and i will ask for her from now on when i go, i recommend anyone thats thinking about eating there, think nomore, your gonna love it <3