“Great atmosphere, wonderful food, nice wine selection by the glass”
Review of Vintage on 5th

Vintage on 5th
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Roselle, Illinois
“Great atmosphere, wonderful food, nice wine selection by the glass”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our overall experience was great but I was a little concerned when we were seated when the waitress wanted out drink order prior to reviewing the menu or specials with us. If we are ordering a glass of wine, we generally need to know what we are eating. Also our waitress didn't tell us about the venison special and she seemed uncoordinated in her efforts. Coffee came out after dessert was almost finished, second glass of wine was delayed until dinner was almost over, etc.

Beyond that, the food for the most part, was wonderful. We started with the ahi tuna appetizer, and though good wasn't anything exceptional. The house dressing on the salad could have used more blue cheese and a little less balsmic vinegar. I had the rack of lamb with sundried tomato risotto and both were excellent. My husband had the veal chop with an extra side of vegetables and he thought both were great.

I had a glass of the Guenoc Petite Sirah and it was perfect with the lamb. It's not often you see a petite sirah on a glass menu so I was thrilled.

I would definitely go back again for a special occasion as the meal with two glasses of wine was somewhat pricey, but generally excellent.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jan C

St. Joseph, MI
“Service can't be beat!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We arrived with two adults and two children and hesitated on going in initially as we were the only ones in jeans and other patrons were in khakis or better (a couple in shorts were at the bar). We mentioned this to the hostess and she explained that our attire was just fine. Dinner was excellent- we had the shrimp and grits and ahi tuna. While the ahi was very good, the shrimp and grits was definitely the better dish. They had a kids menu, and our girls had simple pastas. This is a somewhat adult restaurant, but kids were made to feel very welcome with coloring books and crayons (our kids are used to eating in more upscale restaurants and behave properly). The owner (or manager) came by the table personally several times to check on us, and the entire staff was friendly. Service was great but not rushed- about what you would expect. Good selection and pricing on wines. Would definitely come here again if we are in town.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 4OnTheFly
London, United Kingdom
“Thanks for the Recommendation!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My friend and I, on a road trip south, found this place through a recommendation from our hotel. That's not always a reliable gauge but in this case we weren't disappointed. OK the restaurant isn't on the water but it's in a nice location in the old downtown of Crystal River, in a restored wooden church, no less. We arrived early, with no reservation but got an extremely warm welcome from the staff (well we were the only ones there for a while) and an excellent table by the window. The ambience was a nice mixture of casual and elegant with a very competent young waiter. I could have stuffed myself before we even started the meal proper, as the olive oil-and-herb mixture for dunking bread was so darn good! As an appetizer, I had fried green tomatoes - perhaps a little bland. My friend had succulent steak bites in horseradish sauce. We both had the shrimp and grits - a huge portion and tasty but perhaps a little too complicated - the tasty, cheesy grits were all but lost in the piled-up richness. I had very little room for dessert but against my better judgement, chose a key lime pie, which was sublime. Sadly I couldn't finish it. The tawny port was a nice touch too.

• Visited October 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
“Great atmosphere and staff”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had an anniversary dinner and from the beginning we knew we had picked a great place. Great décor, the food was absolutely amazing, and the staff was awesome. Don't skip this place when you're in the area.

Visited October 2013
Crystal River, Florida
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Great food, Great Service. Awesome atmosphere. These people know quality food and service. I will return to this venue next time I am in town.