“Peaceful and Lovely Stay”
Review of Carriage Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cross City
Carriage Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cross City
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Peaceful and Lovely Stay”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I recently stayed three nights and literally did shed a tear when I left. This charming Motel is owned by the nicest couple from Poland. My stay was enchanting and a tranquil get away along my path for work and visiting others. I highly recommend this Motel above and beyond any that I have ever stayed at over the past 30 plus years of traveling. I will for sure stay here again each time I come to into Cross City, Florida from Missouri.

Room Tip: If you are anywhere close to this area, you will enjoy a stay at the Carriage House Motel. The owner...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lynie V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Indiana
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Cross City, FL is a very small community that is very welcoming. The owners are very accomodating and generous. We had 5 adults that needed just 1 room. We had our own air bed. They let us choose from 2 different rooms. The room we chose hadn't had the AC on and the weather had changed so there was a lot of moisture on the concrete walls outside but in the room it was just fine but the owners were concerned that we wouldn't like it because of the moiture outside. It was just fine. They actually gave us an extra bedspread to put on the floor for our air bed. Way above and beyond generous.

My husband and son went hog hunting while we were there and weren't back until late afternoon. We were allowed to stay until they got back which we greatly appreciated since there isn't much to do in Cross City. Thank you Urzula.

There is a very nice diner right next to the motel (The Dixie Diner). Very good home cooked southern style food.

We would definitely go there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sharkbyt
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed in Cross City on business.....previously stayed down in Stienhatchee because I was told there was no decent place to stay in Cross City.....NOT TRUE.......the Carriage Inn is a great little family owned motel! The room was spotless, refrig, microwave, wifi. Very good restaurant that shares the parking lot! I'm not even going to put the price here......you would not believe it anyway. I'm staying here my next rotation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank wayne A
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed July 22, 2013

After getting stranded overnight, we were in a tough spot. However, the kind folks at the Carriage Inn made a bad situation much much better. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms were nice and had good Internet and cable. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone traveling through.

• Stayed July 2013
Canton, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was a participant in Steinhatchee's Fiddler Crab Festival, and found prices too high to stay there during the festival. The Carriage Inn Motel is only 19 miles away (an EASY drive!), and was PERFECT for me! An older, renovated motel that reminds you of the motels featured on "Route 66!" The room was SPOTLESS, bed was comfortable, and I will definitely stay there again for next years' festival. The owners are so nice and accomodating. If you're looking for the Radisson, this would not work for you, but if you are looking for sweet, quaint, and reasonably-priced, this motel is for you!!! Don't forget to check out the "mom and pop" restaurant next door.......GREAT home cooking!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vsp1524
YYC
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lots of signs advertising hotel before you get there, older style, but clean and well kept, owner gave us the keys to a couple of rooms and let us make our choice. Alas there was a road behind the hotel that had several loud trucks on it. If you drive to the next town south hotels are cheaper

Room Tip: two story hotel, no elevator
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were in town for a wedding found the carriage inn to be a very clean and comfortable place to stay for the 2 evenings we were there. The rooms were clean and well kept, it was convenient to have the use of a mini fridge and microwave.The grounds were nicely kept. The pool and pool area were also very clean and well cared for, pricing was reasonable,would stay again it was a very good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Suwannee Gables Motel and Marina
Steinhatchee River Inn
Steinhatchee River Inn
#2 of 3 in Steinhatchee

Been to Carriage Inn Motel? Share your experiences!