“Above the ordinary and good value for the money”

America's Best Value Inn
America's Best Value Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Niceville, Florida
“Above the ordinary and good value for the money”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Have stayed at various hotels / motels in the area and for the money this was hard to beat. Room was near spotless, no bugs to be seen, sheets and towels were clean. Room looked to be mostly remodeled. For the star level and compared to other hotels chains I can't complain. In the off season better rooms can be had elsewhere in the area for less money but for spring / summer this is a great deal. Only real complaint and it didn't negatively affect my stay was the condition of the walls and ceiling in the bathroom. The plaster could use some work, there are cracks and patches. Overall I'm pleased and would stay again. One thing I should note that I've NEVER seen at ANY place before is having to PAY for ice?? The ice machine has a coin box attached to it... weird

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ricahrd R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here for business and pleasure. It was a wonderful room, large and clean. The noise of the highway could not be heard in the room at the front of the hotel. A nice selection of breakfast items, fresh and packaged. The area around the hotel was well lighted. As a single traveler, I felt safe at this location. Overall a great value.
Con: I asked them to not go in my room if I was not there, they did anyway. This resulted in them throwing away my travel receipts box (over $400) and only cleaning half the room. The night desk person was not nice when I called to complain about this. There can be some issues getting into this location if coming from the north side of Crestview since you have to make a U-turn into oncoming downhill traffic.

Room Tip: Rooms in the low 100s are than what is shown on the website.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank anna k
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I arrived at this hotel on short notice, after checking the surrounding areas this place seemed best fit for my needs as far as clendlyness and price. The front night clerk was extremely nice and very helpful when checking in. I was happy to get a flat screen, microwave, fridge, nice comfy bed and freezing A/C. I got stuck here longer than expected due to a delay at work and didn't mind a bit. Both the day and night clerk are extremely friendly as well as the lady who cleans. Nice location close to quite a few restaraunts gas stations and Walmart. Nice spacious room with big comfy bed as well as adjustable shower head and swing out shower curtain (Being 6'1" this helps a lot and doesn't feel crammed!) I saw one bug That's It but it was a mosquito NOT a cockroach and it's Florida for crying out loud! Expecting to pay way more then what I have this is more then what I expected. And the staff is more than willing to help anyone they can within common reason. I am not someone who expects everything for nothing and this was more then what expected to get by all means. I would hate to see one of these bad reviewers out in the backwoods sobbing and irritated. For $50 a night this is the best place to be in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2013
puerto rico
Reviewed September 12, 2013

absolutely great hotel. We paid 49.00 with taxes. Our room 229 had a king size bed with wifi, fridge, microwave. Room was very clean as well as the surrounding areas. There are many restaurants around the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a fine place to spend the night - not a 5 star hotel, it's an American Value. So I rate it accordingly.

After a long day of driving I-10, we needed a place for the night. This can be a busy interstate stop and someplace fill up. Glad I didn't read any of the reviews until now. Sign said new rooms. I didn't check other motels in town as the room looked at was nice and I was content to get a non-smoking ground floor room that I could park in front of.
Rooms had been renovated - clean, had microwave & mini-refrig. Rate was $60 for a king - they did not discount for value card. Very small soap and shampoo.
I agree with a previous review, the workmanship in renovations is poor. but that seems common in motels.

Breakfast was basic (cereal, pancakes, waffles, bananas) but enough to get you on the road in the morning. Breakfast room & lobby were neat and clean.

I did see someone walk up to the ice machine with their cooler and walk away. I didn't pay for ice but I understand that people like to fill their coolers and then head to the beach, so that how this place prevents that.

I didn't see any bugs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sierra_Sunshine
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Got king bed room for $49.99 + tax. Around $54.00 total. For location its the cheapest on the main rd. Without going to a no name brand hotel. Location was good. Hotel had good not great but good Furniture and bedding. Would stay again if in area. Cleanliness was average. Hotel lobby was not to pretty. Room was ok. If was in a smaller town and not in fl the room would have been $39.99 im sure.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank cbpilotcars
Hazelwood, MO (St. Louis)
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I needed a place to stay as it was beginning to rain and my phone showed red down the road. I called 3 motels from my GPS and headed for the cheapest one. On my way I saw "This Place". As I have a "Value Club" card with ABVI, I figured, why not. It is close to I-10, but hard to find the entrance. I asked the price and it was the same as where I was going, so I stayed. I asked about the "Value Club" discount. Was told the "regular price is higher and your discount would cost more than todays specal low price. Still high 40$ range with tax. Got a ground floor room toward the back on the South side. I saw the ice machine was 3 doors down. This is important later! The room was old, dated but fairly clean. Better than some Motel 6s but worst than others. I'm not picky, I want clean sheets and a clean bathroom. Room was good size with a smaller TV but a good selection of channels. After unloading the bike and changing into shorts, and no shoes (so good to be out of boots after 7 hrs, I walked to the ice machine and found you HAVE TO PAY FOR ICE! I've only seen this one other time, in GA, off I-75 south of ATL about 10 years ago! Walked back to the room for 25 cents. Put the money in and pushed in the slide. I was knocked off my feet by an electrical shock that numbed my hand and arm!! No GFI on an outside machine? Hand was still numb and tingly 30 mins later. On safety, the battery slide on the smoke detector in my room was open with no battery installed. Safety seems to be on the short side here. Breakfast was the 'make your own waffle', coffee, and some other rolls. The breakfast room has two doors, no windows and 3 or 4 small tables and was very dark. There was a sign, "Do Not Take Food out of this Room". I cheated and went outside to eat, I can't eat in the dark! The dark may have been to hide something. After killing 3 cockroches and flushing their bodies, I quit flushing and just left the bodies of the next 6 on the walls and table tops in my room. On check out I informed the man of the electrical problem and he did ask which machine and said ok. For some reason there was a 6 to 8 inch hole in the floor between the bed and table several inches deep covered by the carpet. The outside was nice, looked as if it had been painted with all new outside door lights. I thought I saw lightening, but when I went outside to look, it was only 3 of the new lights on the 2nd floor strobing off and on! Someone had dumped a large bag of trash in the parking lot I saw unloading the bike. An hour later a man was out picking up the loose trash from the bag that had blown around on the lot. Didn't bother to pick up the trash that had drifted over to the grass. In all fairness, this is the worst ABVI I've stayed, and I think I'll forget the "Value Club" and find another chain.

Room Tip: Look for bugs on check-in. Plan on eating breakfast in the dark, if you follow the sign.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Gerasim M

Travelers are raving about these Crestview hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Crestview

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!