“Great Date Night Restaurant in Crestview!”
Review of The Wild Olive

The Wild Olive
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Crestview
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Crestview, Florida
“Great Date Night Restaurant in Crestview!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I had a rare date night and made an even more unusual choice - to stay in Crestview for it! Most restaurants in Crestview are chains, or family-friendly buffets. The Wild Olive is a great treat for our city - it is family-friendly with a patio and swings outside, but the menu is sophisticated, the atmosphere is classy and the food and service is outstanding. We shared an order of the crab cakes, which were excellent - fresh, crisp and decidedly NOT fishy tasting. I went with the shrimp and grits for my entree, and it was awesome. Hubs went with the steak, which of course did not disappoint. Sadly, we were entirely too full to try out the dessert menu, but the Mississippi mud cake sure did look tempting! We will definitely be enjoying more date nights at the Wild Olive!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank HonestD987

Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Excellent atmosphere, mediocre food”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had a delicious red pepper soup here once, and I loved it. But the rest of the foods I've tried have been mediocre, at best. Lacking in flavor, lacking in imagination, and over priced. The presentation is always lovely, though.

Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I love the fact that The Wild Olive is not a franchise but is locally owned and operated. This hidden treasure is a quirky re-purposed house that sits on a quiet residential street just off of Hwy 85. The atmosphere is classy yet relaxed with a shabby chic decor. Make sure to notice the fun way in which they have painted inspirational quotes and funny characters from children's books onto their walls. I especially like the ladies restroom! I have eaten lunch at The Wild Olive on numerous occasions and it is my #1 spot to take guests who are visiting. Twice I have I have been part of a rather large ladies luncheon where the staff and the restaurant were able to accommodate a large group. The loaded baked potato soup with your choice of a 1/2 sandwich is a great value and so delicious!! Although my family has only eaten dinner there once, I do recall that we ordered Italian dishes and were very impressed with how authentic and fresh everything tasted. The only down side is that they do not serve wine or any other alcoholic beverages.
I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited June 2012
NW Florida
“website gone?”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

what is the uRL to their website? used to be wildolivedining.com. doesn't appear to work. not a facebook addict so won't logon to that. anyone know there hours/days of operation?
thanks!

• Visited May 2012
“Fabulous Local Place”
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here many, many times and have never been disappointed. This is one of the few non-chain interesting restaurants in Crestview (as opposed to Chinese food, of which we have three). The lunch menu is simple, but oh-so-delicious. Their famous chicken salad sandwich is now a regular menu feature. They have 1/2 + 1/2 combos with soup, salad, sandwich. My favorite is the BLT and Tuscan tomato or butternut squash soup. They have daily interesting specials. My husband loves the burger and fries. For dinner, I have always been floored by the service and specials. This is a great place to go for special occasions like Valentine's Day, but reservations fill up fast. They get busy for lunch (especially from 1130-12) on weekdays, and for dinner on Saturdays. They do take reservations, but those are only necessary on the weekends.

The service is phenomenal. Drinks are refilled quickly, service is prompt, and I have never had a mistake on an order or waited too long for food. This place can seem a bit hidden, but it is worth the drive to Crestview. Great place for a meeting, baby shower, or bridal shower. Go here, trust me.

1 Thank magisternerd