“Great taste, leisurely pace”
Review of The Wild Olive

The Wild Olive
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Crestview
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The crab cakes, Wild Olive soup, mahi and red velvet cake were delicious. Relaxed atmosphere, suitable for family dining or a business dinner. Service was good, but the pace of dinner was a bit slower than I prefer. I will return the next time I pass through town.

2  Thank TJFair

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Loved the atmosphere, the food and the service. We enjoyed the stuffed bacon wrapped jalepenos prior to our meal. Our server was attentive and quite helpful. Noticed several families with small children who were enjoying the spaghetti! Must try that sometime, too!

1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Wild Olive is the premier restaurant for Crestview, FL. It is privately owned and the service and quality of the food are top notch. The prices are a bit higher than what we normally see around here and that's why I say it's a great place for special occasions and celebrations. One of my friends had a birthday and they provided a wonderful dessert that all 5 of us shared. My favorite dish is the shrimp and pasta. The food is all freshly prepared when you order it. It is located near the center of Crestview behind the big church on the north side of Hwy 90 and Hwy 85.

2  Thank ssbeagle
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Just driving through the FL panhandle on Rt. 10 and searched the web for dinner options at the next exit at an unknown town named "Crestview." Wow, what a surprise. The Wild Olive is a gem of a boutique restaurant, tucked in an old house on a side street of a small, unglamorous town, east of Pensacola. The restaurant was charming, the staff attentive, and the food was totally upscale and beyond the expectations set by the building and the town. I tried the nightly special of blackened grouper -- perfectly cooked and moist (not really blackened, but dusted with a tasty spice that didn't drown the fish), topped with a fresh tomato salsa and served on a bed of barely wilted fresh spinach, and the plated entree nested in a pool of a heavenly white butter sauce that knocked this foodie over. One of the best meals I've had in years and what a way to enjoy grouper! My husband ate lightly (too many snacks on the road) and enjoyed a small, fresh Greek salad with a homemade oregano vinegrette that was memeorable and a "chowder" that was truly more of a shrinp bisque -- pink from the shells, creamy, rich and loaded with shrimp bits (but NOT a chowder). Focacia was served with seasoned olive oil for dipping -- nice touch for this town, but the chef should upgrade the olive oil to a more flavorful dark green oil and save the extra virgin for cooking. Entire meal was only $40 -- great value and a true surprise from a quick roadway web search. Wish I didn't have to drive 2 days to get here or we'd be back...often.

1  Thank ZooCrewTx
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Dined at WILD OLIVE while visiting friends who reside in Crestview. This is my second visit in 3 years and requested that we have dinner here based on my original visit.
This restaurant is in a small house with tables closely together denying diners any kind of private conversation or romantic moment!
Hunter was an excellent server.
I enjoyed the Roman Chicken pasta ($14.95), which included a small Caesar salad. Very good, large portion tortellini pasta dish that was more than I could eat.
We shared the zucchini ribbons as our appetizer; an unique presentation of fried zucchini. My friends had the NY strip and the daily fish special and were very pleased with their meals.

1  Thank Napunani