“AVOID Azteca in Crestview FL”

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 105 Restaurants in Crestview
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My family & I (3 of us) were traveling on I-10 eastbound yest (Sunday 8/28/11) from Mobile, AL to northeast FL. We pulled up local restaurants on my phone and decided on Mexican over Chinese and AppleBee's. The food was NOT good, very bland and we decided tasted about at good as a cheap Ol' ElPaso kit off of the grocery store shelf. It didn't seem authentic. The queso with beef is a definite NO. The service was poor. We think they didn't staff enough people to handle the after church lunch crowd. Then as if this wasn't bad enough (to spend money on bad food and bad service), we ALL were greeted with a case of food poisoning between 5:30 and 6am this morning. That's right the 3 of us were dying and fighting over the 2 bathrooms we have. I made it to work, our son made it to school, my husband did not and was miserable until almost noon today. We cannot and will not recommend this place to anyone!

2  Thank LovinMyLife2

Reviewed January 21, 2011

Girlfriend and I dine at the Azteca at least once, but most often twice a week and we have never been disappointed in the food preparation, presentation, service, or quantity.
In fact, it is one of the best in the area and if anything it is one of the quietest places around.
Never heard a child cry or misbehave, and I go there enough to have noticed.

1  Thank pottyscott
Reviewed February 11, 2009

The person that said you should only get your food to go and don't eat in at Azteca due to crying children is ridiculous. They have great food and friendly servers which always makes our experience great for starters. We eat there often and love having Sandy as our server. We actually had a crying child next to our table this evening when we went and the parent quickly quieted the child down in a loving manner and all was just fine. Azteca is not exclusive to crying children, if a person has that attitude they must not eat out anywhere in public at all! The portions at Azteca are generous and I generally get two, sometimes three meals out of my dish.
A fantastic leftover for me! You truly get your monies worth and won't be dissapointed!

1  Thank JustHonestlySpeaking
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2008

I love it prices are good too

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 16, 2007

This is without a doubt the strangest review I have ever written for TripAdvisor.

The Azteca presents good, reasonably-priced Mexican diner fare. Just don't try to eat there at the restaurant. Take it home instead.

We live in Crestview, and patronize Azteca about once a month. But we have learned to always get take-out -- never to eat in the dining room. The reason? The screaming children.

The dining room is nice enough. But for some reason (my guess is the plentiful, low-priced food) Azteca is popular for people with children. We're not talking about mannerly, well-behaved children. We're talking about rowdy, booth-back-shoving, food- tossing, run-around-the-table children. Of course, the parents are oblivious.

So - we avoid the dining room, call ahead, and enjoy the take-out at home. Honestly, we just think of it as a take-out stand, even though it is a very large restaurant.

The food is above-average Mexican diner quality. The menu is large, with many selections and combinations. They also have some items you usually don't see, including mushroom fajitas, and several other vegetarian dishes. The salsa is also excellent.

I'd like to give Azteca a better review, and to be honest I'm not sure what the solution is. There are three McDonalds in town, all with playgrounds. Of course, they don't serve beer or margarita's at McDonalds.

When you get your take-out, remember to put a dollar in the tip jar for the poor waitresses. Ear-plugs aren't as cheap as they used to be.

3  Thank ExpectingQuality