“Feel the Love!”
Review of Desi's

Desi's
Ranked #13 of 104 Restaurants in Crestview
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have been to Desi's several times, and love it EACH time I go. The Fried Chicken & Hot Wings days are so freaking popular, you have to arrive early just to make sure you get some food! I have taken my nieces & nephews, and a couple of friends ... and everyone has agreed that the food is delicious.

The atmosphere is casual and relaxed. The staff is polite and friendly. The restaurant is clean.

There is nothing FANCY here. If you want linen and fine china - PLEASE go elsewhere. We don't need you in there ruining our moods with your complaints and attitudes.

If you like good home cooking, and love to just kick back and relax while you eat, not worrying about who's doing what, when, or why ... come on down and try them out!

Planning on going again soon with a friend, and hoping it happens to be a day with something I haven't tried yet. :)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The buffet food is always delicious.... but I sometimes think I want to start with the Bread Pudding and then decide if there's room for the main course!

1  Thank mtoast50
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Here are the facts; 1.) food, tastes like grandmas cookin. Thats says one thing to me.. "home". And for someone who spends so much time away from it i cant get enough of it. 2.) Staff, you absolutely can not fault these women for looking good and wanting to cook... nuff said. 3.) I will be back. The food was perfectly priced for a traveling soul looking for food served with a smile, one of the guys on my crew said that people travel for miles to try out that there bread pudding and after a few bites of it i believe him.

If you are in a situation where your wife cooks like grandma, save a few bucks and make her cook it and dont discourage folks from grubbing what is in my opinion a slice of heven which i am still fully satisfied with hours later.

1  Thank Brodykeith
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Are you kidding me?This supposed to be the third restaurant on the list?It is one of the chippest buffet I 've ever been in my life...plus dirty floor, plus old plates...yes go and have fun.....I trusted trip advisor and was shocked!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Every city or town has its own version of Desi's. It's the place where locals go to have lunch. What you won't see are people dressed in fine suits and dresses, but in ordinary everyday working clothing. You will see plenty of hard hats, base ball caps and men clad in coveralls and jeans, along with locals, people you know, see every day and go to church with. The food is good, and plentiful, but don't expect television chef type fresh vegetables and the perfect garnish. The drawing card is the buffet style, serve-yourself and eat all you want. The chicken, liver and onions(my personal Favorite) chicken gizzards, stuff bell peppers, and fried pork chops are the house specality with generous amounts of Southern style vegetables. Not a 5 star place by no means, but a good, friendly and clean place. Highly recommend for locals-and only open for lunch.

1  Thank pottyscott