“Not again”

Emerald Isle Seafood Restaurant & Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Crestview
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We are a restaurant and fresh seafood market.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I will not eat here again. My to-go order was the blackened white fish meal with fries and okra. There was so much seasoning on the fries that I couldn't eat them. The fish was undercooked and over-seasoned, it was inedible even after scraping off the seasoning. The okra was rubbery and overcooked. One positive is that the interior was clean and did not smell "fishy". Maybe I received the one bad meal but it was enough to keep me away.

Patrick O, Owner at Emerald Isle Seafood Restaurant & Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

I am very sorry you had a bad experience with your to go order. We strive to serve all our guests the best product at reasonable prices. We would love for you to give us another chance to make it right. You can call or come by and talk to me, we will make it right. Thanks, Patrick O'Rourke

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stopped here for dinner on the way back to Louisiana from Ft. Walton. It was just what we were looking for a place that focuses on great food and not on great decor. Nothing special about the decorations, but the meal was great, and all the seafood was fresh. I had the Mahi Mahi sandwich and it was awesome.

Patrick O, Owner at Emerald Isle Seafood Restaurant & Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

I'm glad you were able to stop in on your way home from your trip. You hit the nail on the head when you said it -- we like to focus on great, fresh food over here -- and I'm glad that Mahi Mahi sandwich didn't disappoint. We'd love to welcome you back the next time you're in the area!

Take care,

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Once again we found a local place that is unique and fine. The market features FRESH (really) seafood. The staff were friendly, upbeat and attentive. And, why we came: yummy crab claws, amberjack with citrus butter and linguine with LOTS (really) of crawfish. Almost forgot, attractive and CLEAN (really) uni-sex bathroom.

Patrick O, Owner at Emerald Isle Seafood Restaurant & Market, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

From the crab claws to the crawfish, I'm thrilled you thought everything was so fresh and delicious! I'm also very happy to hear you found the staff so friendly and our, ehem, facilities, so clean. We'd love to welcome you back for even more yummy seafood the next time you're in the area.

Until next time,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed overnight in Crestview and as we usually do, I researched TripAdvisor for a place to eat. We're in FL, so we wanted seafood. Emerald Isle had great reviews on TripAdvisor, so we gave it a try. The reviews were spot on! This is a combination seafood market & restaurant. When you walk in all you smell is fresh seafood. No fishy smell at all. My husband had grilled amberjack, our son had fried crawfish and I had bronzed red snapper. Everything was well-prepared and delicious! The service was excellent. We will be stopping by again!

Patrick O, Owner at Emerald Isle Seafood Restaurant & Market, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thanks for stopping by! We work hard to delight our customers with delicious seafood and friendly service, and it's great to hear we were on point. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time!

Cheers,

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We were passing through on our way back to Texas and stopped to eat dinner. All I can say is delicious. All the reviews on trip advisor were true. Very reasonable and fresh. I had the gulf shrimp bronzed. They were lightly blackened and cooked perfectly. There were two skewers with a total of 10 large shrimp. The Gouda cheese grits were creamy and delicious. My daughter had a shrimp po' boy which was also good. If we ever are passing back through Crestview, we would definitely eat here again.

Patrick O, Owner at Emerald Isle Seafood Restaurant & Market, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thanks for the 5 stars! Impressing our customers with delicious, expertly prepared food is our number one goal, and it sounds like we hit the nail on the head. If you're ever back in the area, you know where to find us!

All the best,