“Good Food”

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

First time visiting La Rumba, the cheese dip was good. The salsa was good, but needed some salt. The enchiladas were very good, loved the sauce. Tacos needed more cheese, but overall, food was good enough that I will return.

• Visited July 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food, Good price, Good margaritas”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Food was very good and a good price. Margaritas were very good

Visited May 2012
Crestview, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our hangout!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We live close to La Rumba of Crestview and that's our favorite! The service is great!!! The food is really good and the prices are fair. Everyone welcomes you in and takes care of you. Great atmosphere, great service, great food, great drinks!!!

Clearwater, Florida
“Just tacky enough”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Booths are a little worn with some of the leather cracking, but not run down. Main course was very good and plentiful, salsa was very good and cerveza was frio! I liked the atmosphere and the food

Crestview, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For a "chain style" Mexican joint it's good.”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Having lived in both New Mexico and Arizona, I have run in to both authentic and chain style Mexican restaurants, and La Rumba is one of the better chain style ones. The food is exactly what it says it is on the menu... Spicy foods have a little spice (your tastes may vary), all the meats taste like they should, and appetizers (chips and salsa, all that stuff) are good. The food isn't going to blow you away, but you can tell that it is just better prepared than other similar restaurants.

I have only ever eaten La Rumba when I have picked it up and brought it home, so I can't speak about ambiance / atmosphere other than saying that the place is clean, and looks like any other kitschy Mexican joint. Nothing bad, just nothing new.

Food is priced very reasonably. You don't have to break the piggy bank to eat here, but it isn't so cheap that you may question if that is really beef in your enchilada.

Again, since I have never eaten in the restaurant, only picked it up and brought it home, my experience with the service is limited. I will say that the staff is courteous on the phone, greet me when I come in to pick up my food, and if I have to wait a little longer than expected they aren't afraid to get me a glass of water and throw in some extra chips with my meal. I don't think you can really ask for more than that for a to go order!

Overall, I'd say give La Rumba a whirl. The food is pretty good, the prices are pretty good, and with that combination you can't really go wrong!

• Visited December 2011