“Great stay!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Great stay!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here from dec 27 to jan 3. I wasn't expecting a lot but got my expectations exceeded. Staff was friendly and the manager was very involved in the day to day running of the hotel. You normally only see a manager when there's a problem. It was nice to see one that's involved for a change. We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor and it was quiet. We were even facing the highway and had other guests around us with kids. We thought it was great they had DVD players available to rent. The bed was comfortable and I loved that the pull out bed was already made and I didn't have to put the bedding on it myself. It may sound odd but we have stayed in a lot of suites and it was a nice change to just have to pull out the bed and nothing more after several hours of being in a car! This will be our hotel of choice in the future when we come to the area to visit family.

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed one night traveling through the area. This was our first experience with this hotel chain. We got a good price for a suite with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. Check-in was quick and easy. The clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was on the second floor at the top of the stairs, but we heard no noise from the hallway. We found everything in the room to be clean, well functioning and modern. There were a few stains on the carpet but that is the only negative thing we could say about the room. The complementary breakfast was hot, fresh and delicious. The location was very convenient to I-10. There was a decent selection of restaurants in the area but we chose to order pizza delivery and watch a movie in the room. We were able to help ourselves to paper plates an napkins from the breakfast area to use for our pizza. Checkout was also smooth and easy. We would definitely stay here again ext time we are in the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I arrived shortly after sunset, 7:30 +/-, tired and hungry. The lobby was clean and comfortable. When I made reservations I asked for a clean room that was away from the elevator and parking lot noise. That is what I found when I got to my room. The window faced an empty lot. The desk clerk was friendly and helped me find a restaurant. After dinner (Coach & Four Steak House which put out a decent steak at a good price) I returned to relax with some TV while waiting for sleep to overtake me. While cable surfing there came from the room adjacent to the bed’s headboard the unmistakable noise of a couple in the middle of an amorous escapade. Every moan, squeal, cry, and grunt was as audible as if only a curtain separated us. I did not time it, but estimate this to have lasted five to ten minutes. I was thankful that their exuberance was not accompanied with youthful stamina.

I arose late, and after preparing for the day I arrived at the breakfast bar to find sparse pickings. I did not mind and headed out for a Waffle House which was nearby.

At check out I informed the Desk Clerk/Hotel Manager (title unclear) that the bulb needed to be replaced in the desk lamp. He told me that the light switch for the desk lamp was on the wall. Since I did not see a switch close to that light I asked him how I was supposed to know that. He told me I should have called the front desk. I retorted by advising him there should be a sign on the lamp which read, To Turn On Lamp Call the Front Desk. He was not amused whereupon I left.

If I ever find myself in Crestview, Fl in need of a bed for the night I would probably check out one of the many other options there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with where no guests are adjacent. Perhaps a room that is next to a storage unit and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The suites are large, clean, and the beds are comfortable. As others have mentioned, if you have neighbors, it can be very loud, depending on the people in the rooms next to you. I had a person who yelled at his kids half the night one night. You really can hear a lot in rooms next to you. The hotel staff is not very friendly, and that starts with the manager. One wonders why this person chose the hospitality field, when he obviously doesn't enjoy people, and is not the least bit friendly or hospitable. The rooms are nice, just hope you don't have people in the rooms next to you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jules2121_12
country08, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the guest next door. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
niceville
Reviewed August 15, 2013

the countryinn and suites in crestview fl, is right off hwy 10 and less than a 10 minute walk from restaurants. Checkin was quick. The room and bathroom were clean. The king bed was very comfy. The AC was a tad loud, but being August...in Florida, I just glad it worked...and it worked well. The comp breakfast crew had a hard time keeping up. Breakfast is 6A-10A, and went down at 8A...had to wait for coffee and sausage...but only about 5 minutes

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Start with the positives: Large room, clean, and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was good and the lady serving was especially pleasant. Negative - THE NOISE. It is like this hotel was built without an ounce of sound deadening material. We stayed on the 2nd floor and it sounded like elephants tromping overhead. Luckily my family is made up of sound sleepers (except me) but beware if noise bothers you. I think if you requested the top floor you would be fine.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I traveled to Florida for vacation. When we walked into the Country Inn and Suites, Crestview Florida - we were greeted by a pleasant gentleman and the smell of a hearty breakfast. This is a very nice hotel, clean rooms.......nice size bathroom and comfortable beds. We will definitely return!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Crestview
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview? Share your experiences!