“All in all a great stay...”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Cincinnati
“All in all a great stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was our first stay here and we will return. Rooms were clean as was the rest of the building. Breakfast was fresh and always stocked everyday - the food was great in comparison to other hotels breakfasts!!! Room service was great and they were very considerate, as was the front desk staff during our stay. The pool area was nice and an added bonus (so was the fitness room - not a whole lot going on but the basics are there to keep your workouts on track!). The flat screen TV in the room was nice too - we took our laptop so in the evenings while we relaxed we could hook it up to watch Netflix.

I only have 2 complaints - 1st being that the walls are very thin! We arrived on a Monday, so Monday - Friday were not terrible at all (A little noise from above but that wasn't a huge deal). Friday - Sunday were completely different! We could hear EVERYTHING in the rooms around and above us. 2nd complaint is - we paid for the room in advance, they already had the card # and charged the card. However, when checking out they insisted on swiping the card thus charging us twice for the room. When we called to talk about it the manager was not very customer friendly. Stating that "you'll just have to wait until one of them falls off of your account". Not even an apology. That bothered me. Next time we'll just be more cautious when checking out.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank majestic1333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mandeville, La.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is the third time my family has stayed at a Country Inn & Suites and it has become our first choice when looking for a place to sleep when travelling from 'A' to 'B'. We have a family of five and a typical hotel room is just not big enough. We've become spoiled by staying at condos when we get to our final destination as we like to have the space and privacy that a condo offers. With Country Inn & Suites the bedroom has two queen size beds and a door that separates it from the rest of the room so I can get up early without waking my wife and two of the kids. The third child likes to sleep on the sofa bed in the living room and is a heavy sleeper.

The mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave are a nice addition but we rarely use them because we're only there for one night and the free breakfast takes care of the rest. My kids love waffles and all three Country Inns we've stayed at have the same set up for the breakfast area with a waffle maker, pastries, bagels, cereal... and all the coffee, milk and juice you can drink . The breakfast isn't fancy but we don't eat fancy breakfasts at home any way.

When you consider the convenience to the Interstate, the size of the room, the free breakfast and the price you can't beat em.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Nice, very clean room and facilities. Breakfast had a little bit of everything. Very attentive attendant at breakfast, making sure everything was kept clean and stocked. Good coffee too (I'm drinking it as I write this). Small microwave and fridge in room were helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed here for one night to visit some friends that was getting shipped overseas on a tour. The rooms were super clean and fresh. The bed was very comfortable and the front desk girls loved having us there. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

I am currently working at Crestview on a contract and I have found this hotel to be a better place to stay compared to others in town. I read the reviews about the Manager but after a couple of weeks staying here I haven't got any problems at all. He gave me a great rate and has been very professional, and with my contract going on for at least another couple of months I am glad that I found this place. Front desk and housekeeping are very nice and respectful. Nobody has mention that they also have a fitness room and Business center.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Gonzales, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

the front desks clerks were really nice but the manger could careless about people.he was rude to us and other customer.one cust was asking him a question and he walked away and closed the door in the mans face.the man said i really hope he didnt hear me. when we tried to cut on a light in our bedroom the bathroom light would come on and we would cut one on in the hallway the bedroom light would come on instead. as if there was a short some where,we told him and he was acting like we wanted a discount or something.we were letting him know just in case a fire started or if was something serious.he got an attitute like we were lying.he said if that happen one of the lights might be blown some where in the room and thats all he said.i can tell they dont clean the spreads i have stains and hair all over my duvet cover.overall it was clean and the breakfast was pretty good.we asked the house keeper for towels she told us to go to the front desk and then front dest told us to go back upstairs to house keeping.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cina_allen
country08, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
The switch when you enter the room controls two lights (the entrance light and one lamp in the room). It is impossible for these switch to control the bathroom light. Therefore, my response was "it could have a blown bulb and we will check it out". I just didn't want to tell the guest that it is impossible even if there was a short for the bathroom light to come on when someone is turning on the entrace light.
Somerset, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were on a long road trip and happened to stop here. I thought the hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. For just needing a place to stay for a night I was very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 13 in Crestview
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview? Share your experiences!