“the manager is not very nice”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Gonzales, Louisiana
“the manager is not very nice”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

the front desks clerks were really nice but the manger could careless about people.he was rude to us and other customer.one cust was asking him a question and he walked away and closed the door in the mans face.the man said i really hope he didnt hear me. when we tried to cut on a light in our bedroom the bathroom light would come on and we would cut one on in the hallway the bedroom light would come on instead. as if there was a short some where,we told him and he was acting like we wanted a discount or something.we were letting him know just in case a fire started or if was something serious.he got an attitute like we were lying.he said if that happen one of the lights might be blown some where in the room and thats all he said.i can tell they dont clean the spreads i have stains and hair all over my duvet cover.overall it was clean and the breakfast was pretty good.we asked the house keeper for towels she told us to go to the front desk and then front dest told us to go back upstairs to house keeping.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cina_allen
country08, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
The switch when you enter the room controls two lights (the entrance light and one lamp in the room). It is impossible for these switch to control the bathroom light. Therefore, my response was "it could have a blown bulb and we will check it out". I just didn't want to tell the guest that it is impossible even if there was a short for the bathroom light to come on when someone is turning on the entrace light.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Somerset, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were on a long road trip and happened to stop here. I thought the hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. For just needing a place to stay for a night I was very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ilinois
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This hotel is very clean. We are somewhat picky and were very pleased. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We booked online with advance booking and got a great rate. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I picked this hotel b/c of the overall reviews. There was one long negative review for this hotel which almost discouraged me. However, I went ahead and booked it anyways and I was very impressed with the hotel. It was very nice and the staff was also pleasant. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I stopped at the Country Inn & Suites for One night by myself on the way to a Plant Round Up... at the Florala State Park. I arrived around 9:30pm... the Front Desk gal was VERY nice and answered all my questions.... The Country Inn & Suites is around a corner and not the easiest to figure out how to get to... but I knew that in advance Thanks to Tripadvisor and previous reviews... so THANKS ! It is walking distance to a Dollar General but was advised they close at 10p... so after checking in... I drove the 1 minute away to the Walmart. Back to check - in... I was very pleased that (traveling alone) the hotel was situated with One Main Door and my room was right up the stairs and to the left... not a door to a parking lot. The room was clean and comfy... Free wifi... ice, soda machine and washer Dryer just a few steps away (washer dryer $1.50 per cycle). They had a "Book Trade" small library and a small store with drinks and snacks. The room had a rectangle refrig... microwave and coffee maker. Shampoo, Cond, Lotion, soaps..... the Tub was very small.. perhaps the wave of the future as I hear this is a fairly new hotel. Didn't get a very hot bath that night... but the next morning was VERY hot... so suppose it was just timing. Free Breakfast in the morning was not the best I've had... circular eggs and bacon in a warmer... they do have the make your own waffles... (I don't eat those) breads, juices, cereal... but a nice little breakfast area... yogurt, bananas, apples, etc. I think I would stay here again... it is a new hotel and I was pleased with my visit there.... I stayed in room 203 and the total one night tab was $90.09.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Rock Hill
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband, mother-in-law and I stayed at this property 03/25/11 - 03/27/11. We were visiting from SC to attend a birthday party for an uncle that turned 100. We had driven 10 hours and were from a timezone that was an hour later than the time in Crestview. We arrived that night and were ready to get some rest before the next day's festivities. We reserved that particular hotel because it was the only one we could find that had a walk-in shower available for my mother-in-law who has had knee replacement surgery. As we retired to bed, we could hear children running back and forth overhead. It went on for a long time and I finally called the front desk at midnight to ask the clerk, Mary, to make them stop. She said they were just getting settled in & should stop soon. I told her it had been going on for over 20 minutes & I needed her to get them to quiet down. She said she would. However, the running continued. My husband finally got up at 1 am (2 am our time), put his clothes on & went upstairs to see where it was coming from. It was coming from 2 adjoining rooms above us. He could hear children laughing, squealing, running and bouncing on the beds. (obviously unsupervised) He went to the front desk & told Mary that he wanted her to make them stop & let her know which rooms they were in. She said she would say something to them. My husband went back upstairs & waited to see if she would go up there & say something to them. After a few minutes 2 men came off of the elevator. One went to one of the rooms & the other one went to the other room. My husband heard one of the men yelling at the kids & heard the kids respond to the scolding. Then Mary came up & was very surprised to see my husband waiting for her. She knocked on the first door & no one came to the door. She knocked on the 2nd door & the man finally came to the door. When she told him there had been a complaint about the noise he told her they have all been asleep. She went back to the other door & knocked again. This time the other man came to the door. She told him about the complaint & he said Ok & shut the door. The next morning while at breakfast in the cafe, the 2 men, 2 children & a woman came in to eat. My husband & I went to the front desk to speak with the clerk. We told him what happened the night before & pointed to the 2 men to identify them, who were, by this time standing in front of the vending machines beside the desk, pretending to be browsing so they could hear us. My husband asked if they would still be above us that night. The clerk said no. Then the 2 men walked into the office & shut the door! Since they and the clerk were all of the same Indian ethnicity and they went into the office, we assume they were all either staff, family of the clerk, or owners. The clerk never even apologized for what happened! This is only the 2nd time I have stayed at a Country Inn & Suites. The 1st time was also a poor experience. Once, shame on them. Twice, shame on me! I guess they really don't care about their customers. I will spend my hard-earned dollars elsewhere from now on! On a side note...even thought he room was clean, it was noisy, not just from the kids running, but from traffic outside, the elevator, doors shutting....everything. The beds weren't that comfortable either.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank divegaldeb
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I often stay in Crestview on my trips back to south Florida. I decided to try this hotel since it was new and I had a little more in my budget for this trip than usual. I was very impressed, from the friendly front desk, to the amenities to the roominess of the room itself. The hot breakfast was a welcome addition and a great way to start the day. I wish it was warmer & I had stopped earlier in the night to enjoy the outside pool. There are restaurants and shopping (a Wal-Mart) within walking distance. I am looking forward to my next trip so that I can stay here again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Crestview
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview? Share your experiences!