“They could care less about us as a customer!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Rock Hill
“They could care less about us as a customer!”
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband, mother-in-law and I stayed at this property 03/25/11 - 03/27/11. We were visiting from SC to attend a birthday party for an uncle that turned 100. We had driven 10 hours and were from a timezone that was an hour later than the time in Crestview. We arrived that night and were ready to get some rest before the next day's festivities. We reserved that particular hotel because it was the only one we could find that had a walk-in shower available for my mother-in-law who has had knee replacement surgery. As we retired to bed, we could hear children running back and forth overhead. It went on for a long time and I finally called the front desk at midnight to ask the clerk, Mary, to make them stop. She said they were just getting settled in & should stop soon. I told her it had been going on for over 20 minutes & I needed her to get them to quiet down. She said she would. However, the running continued. My husband finally got up at 1 am (2 am our time), put his clothes on & went upstairs to see where it was coming from. It was coming from 2 adjoining rooms above us. He could hear children laughing, squealing, running and bouncing on the beds. (obviously unsupervised) He went to the front desk & told Mary that he wanted her to make them stop & let her know which rooms they were in. She said she would say something to them. My husband went back upstairs & waited to see if she would go up there & say something to them. After a few minutes 2 men came off of the elevator. One went to one of the rooms & the other one went to the other room. My husband heard one of the men yelling at the kids & heard the kids respond to the scolding. Then Mary came up & was very surprised to see my husband waiting for her. She knocked on the first door & no one came to the door. She knocked on the 2nd door & the man finally came to the door. When she told him there had been a complaint about the noise he told her they have all been asleep. She went back to the other door & knocked again. This time the other man came to the door. She told him about the complaint & he said Ok & shut the door. The next morning while at breakfast in the cafe, the 2 men, 2 children & a woman came in to eat. My husband & I went to the front desk to speak with the clerk. We told him what happened the night before & pointed to the 2 men to identify them, who were, by this time standing in front of the vending machines beside the desk, pretending to be browsing so they could hear us. My husband asked if they would still be above us that night. The clerk said no. Then the 2 men walked into the office & shut the door! Since they and the clerk were all of the same Indian ethnicity and they went into the office, we assume they were all either staff, family of the clerk, or owners. The clerk never even apologized for what happened! This is only the 2nd time I have stayed at a Country Inn & Suites. The 1st time was also a poor experience. Once, shame on them. Twice, shame on me! I guess they really don't care about their customers. I will spend my hard-earned dollars elsewhere from now on! On a side note...even thought he room was clean, it was noisy, not just from the kids running, but from traffic outside, the elevator, doors shutting....everything. The beds weren't that comfortable either.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank divegaldeb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I often stay in Crestview on my trips back to south Florida. I decided to try this hotel since it was new and I had a little more in my budget for this trip than usual. I was very impressed, from the friendly front desk, to the amenities to the roominess of the room itself. The hot breakfast was a welcome addition and a great way to start the day. I wish it was warmer & I had stopped earlier in the night to enjoy the outside pool. There are restaurants and shopping (a Wal-Mart) within walking distance. I am looking forward to my next trip so that I can stay here again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This hotel has everything you would need for a brief stay – nothing fancy, just a clean, comfortable hotel. My room had comfortable beds and pillows. The television was a flat-screen HDTV with plenty of channels. The room has a mini-fridge and microwave. The complimentary hot breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed August 28, 2009

If you would like to stay in a great place and don't mind the occasional sounds from other rooms (nothing really audible unless the others would be yelling) then try this hotel, it is very clean and the staff was very friendly (unlike the other country inn and suites - see my other review!). Highly recommended!
R

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We were stopping halfway through on the way to New Orleans for a wedding. Got a great rate on the internet in advance. Property is new and the rooms were spacious, extremely clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay there again. Plenty of food choices in the area and the hotel has a really nice breakfast that is included!

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2009

When ever I vacation I will always look for a Country Inn & Suites. The Hotel was immaculate the staff was wonderful and the continental breakfast was the best ever. I would have to say it was the best Hotel stay I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We have stayed in Crestview several times, and this hotel is definitely the BEST. It is quiet, although close to both I-10 and SR 85. It might be easy to miss the driveway, however, b/c you have to access a road that winds down to basically nowhere--except for this hotel and a Dollar Store. (But that's why it was quiet!)
The front desk staff were very helpful and professional. The rooms and the building were very clean and well-appointed. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
I only have 2 minor complaints: (1) The "hot" breakfast was pretty skimpy, and the only HOT thing was a waffle iron. There also was no one on staff when we went (around 8:30-the middle of the breakfast time) and so food wasn't replenished and tables weren't cleaned. (2) When I called ahead to request a first-floor room (due to an ankle injury,) I was told there weren't ANY rooms available on the first or second floor; yet, both before dinner in Destin (6 PM) and after (near 11 PM) there weren't a dozen cars in the parking lot--gosh, I guess all the guests rolled in at midnight-NOT!!
But, the staff is hospitable, the rooms are great, it was quiet and a very nice property.
And Wal-Mart is across the street! I also recommend La Rumba (formerly La Bamba)
just down the street.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Crestview
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview? Share your experiences!