“A wonderful relaxing stay”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Crescent Moon

the living area
private area off of front patio for hosing off and doggie bathtub side of cottage to side patio
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
the living area
private area off of front patio for hosing off and doggie bathtub
side of cottage to side patio
Weber gas grill provided
bird's nest on side patio and light reflection mobile
inside the side patio with the jasmine blooming
large armoire with linens and drawers for guests
detail of corner with fold out sofa
the kitchen sink
the stove and oven
after a rain across the street from the cottage
beach pass rates and entrance one block away for driving on beach
the dunes forever changing
up from the beach to the house one block walk
the beach walkway or drive on  from Mary
beautiful Butler Beach one block away
St Augustine Lighthouse about 8 minutes away
The Mutiny in St. Augustine
Bridge of Lions 10 miles from house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
johnnyhyd...
Micanopy, Florida
“A wonderful relaxing stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My wife and I spent two days in the middle of the week and we found the place so relaxing. There was everything we needed to cook and to enjoy the beach. The place was so clean that I did not even want to go home. We bought seafood and cooked in one night. The next night we walk down the beach to a little Italian restaurant and had a candlelit dinner. The place was enchanting and we had a couple of days at the beach that I will never forget.

Sep 4, 2017
Super nice Johhyhyde. I know you will be returning. You are one of my super return visitors to the Crescent Moon.
Relax7299...
“Charming, pet-friendly, escape by the sea!”
Reviewed September 3, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This location is steps away from the beach. There were so many conveniences this stay that we will definitely return. The kitchen was stocked with everything we could need (not always the case in my cooking experience), there was a washer & dryer, and a private patio to barbecue on. There were some great breakfast places within a bicycle ride from the house, and several grocery stores nears by. My favorite part of the stay was morning coffee outside listening to the crashing waves. Martie was so very professional and made herself available to address any questions that arose. I highly recommend this property for a romantic or relaxing escape.

Sep 4, 2017
Yes, very romantic. You have a nice history at the cottage.
Monte A
“You never have to drive after you get here if you don't want to”
Reviewed August 17, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

With a restaurant and Dollar General across the street on the west and the Atlantic Ocean within walking distance to the east, it is easy to land here and not even have to brave the crowds during tourist season unless you want to visit the many attractions the area is known for. With limited access to beach driving due to 4- wheel accessibility requirements and a parking shortage, the Crescent Moon is an easy walk to the beach ramps at Butler Beach without having to fight for a place to park....believe me, the lots fill up early! Eclectic shabby-chic beach decor makes this little bungalow a favorite place to hang out at one of St.John's counties most historic and beautiful beaches. Pull the wagon with a picnic down to the beach, enjoy, shower the salt off outside, and sit on the front patio and decide which one of the area's favorite seafood restaurants sounds good for dinner. Or the option is always there to pick up some fresh shrimp from the Seafood Shoppe, steam them in the fully equipted kitchen and peel and eat right there. The Crescent Moon is a romantic little hideaway but perfect for a family getaway as well. Location, location, location!

Aug 21, 2017
Thank you for letting everyone know how handy and fun the Crescent Moon is!
Alley Bis...
“St. Augustine”
Reviewed July 30, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

It was totally awesome! We stayed at the Cresent Moon. Such a homey and historic place. We loved it!

Aug 2, 2017
Yes, it is Historic. The Crescent Moon in the 1969s was called the Mins Motel. The motel housed about 8 beds and served sandwiches out the window.
shellseek...
Englewood, Florida
“Close to the beach”
Reviewed August 11, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We enjoyed our stay at Crescent Moon last month. Our only 2 thoughts are there really is too much furniture for the size of the cottage, it would feel more open and spacious without and we had a slight problem with a smoke smell. Martie was right on it, asking the cleaning person to come in. We declined a full clean, walls etc., due to time. We felt it was in the bedroom carpet/padding. Easy fix.
Overall, good experience, well equipped home. Love the eclectic decor!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 12, 2016
Yes, I am sorry someone left the odor of smoke in the house. I do allow smoking but ask people to smoke outside only. I will probably change out the carpet soon as I do not like guests to deal with anything unpleasant. Thank you for letting me know.
LoveTrave...
“Fantastic location and charming place!”
Reviewed July 10, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Just returned from three days at this adorable bungalow. We loved the beach access and the quaint cottage so much. Very welcoming and loved it being pet friendly for our small dog. I highly recommend this quite spot with all the amenities you need! Martie was so accommodating responsive and it made for a great getaway! I would say the only thing we did not plan for was that great food spots were not within walking distance but that gave us reasons to go to historic downtown which is one of our places to visit. Cannot wait to return to crescent moon again.
Joy

Jan 25, 2017
Thnak you so much for the review. When you return, try walking to Viola's to the south and then Red Toad and McFrogs right across the street. I also hear (right across the street) Hazard's has a great BBQ pork sandwich.
missxlisa...
Hollywood, Florida
“Adorable beach cottage!”
Reviewed June 28, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

This is my first experience on Flip Key and I am so happy with my choice of The Crescent Moon. Martie has definitely thought of all of the things you would need to feel at home while you're on vacation. The cottage was comfortable, clean and very nicely decorated. I loved the fact that we were able to bring our dog with us too! We enjoyed walking to the beach with him and playing in the ocean every night. The dog bath was a nice touch too! As odd as it sounds, I really enjoyed the laundry room purely based on the fact that we went home with a suitcase full of CLEAN clothes! :-)
Martie was so nice and called us to check to make sure all was well and if we needed anything, which was very sweet of her. We didn't want to leave this cozy little beach town! Next time we're in the area, we will definitely stay again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jun 29, 2016
Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I love it when my guests have a great time. The laundry room is very nice as it is right there on the property and nice large high energy washer and dryer. Thank you so much! Martie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing