“Good overnight stay”

Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crawfordville
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight here after visiting Wakulla Springs. Clean. Friendly staff. Pool was nice, too.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed April 28, 2012

THIS IS A FANTASTIC HOTEL AND GOLF COURSE! DO NOT PASS THIS PLACE UP! Hotel staff are excellent! Rooms are spacious, nicely decorated, very very, very comfortable beds, internet, nice continental breakfast, with coffee and juice all day long. Pet friendly, heated outdoor solar pool. GOLF COURSE, IS FANTASTIC AND FUN TO PLAY! Head Golf Professional and staff at golf course and restaurant are first class, friendly and nice. Eco-friendly Inn and Golf Course. Nice place to have your wedding, business meetings and functions as well as vacation. You cannot go wrong staying and playing at The Inn at Wildwood and The Wildwood Golf and Country Club. Stayed at The Inn in October and again in December. Will stay there again!

Room Tip: Any room will be great! If you have any questions just ask the staff they will take good care of yo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Wildwood is a relatively good deal considering there are so few choices in the area. Clean, okay bed, hard pillows and THIN walls. I could hear every word and all night coughing and snoring next door on two of my four nights. No wifi but hardwire internet in rooms. Wifi downstairs only. The room was large but dark and minimally decorated. Ask for a room away from other guests although I was told they had limited housekeeping and did not have all rooms ready.. I never saw any houskeeping staff but my bed was remade each day. No amenities like toiletries or coffee pot. I was moved three times upon check in because the room was missing the refrigerator and microwave. Then the lock on my door was very tempermental and would not accept the key card after the initial use. I learned to ask for new key cards every time returned to the hotel. Breakfast is minimal with packaged cereals, some stale breads and donuts, and a frozen "breakfast sandwich". No fresh fruit, yoghurt or hot waffles. This part of the coast is sparsely populated . The Inn is set on a golf course and has a pool, which I did not use. It appears to be operating on a shoestring. However, nature is the standout here with magnificent wildlife refuges, natural springs, coastal waters and bays. I suggest you bring some food with you and picnic alot outdoors. The lights in the room are rather dim so a reading light may be useful if you read in bed.

Room Tip: Back side facing pool is quieter, away from highway, however highway is not busy at night. Pool is...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2011

The Inn at Wildwood is pet-friendly so this was our choice for the Christmas holiday as we brought our dog Belle with us. We were very pleased with the Inn. The location was great, it was nice and clean and the bed was firm with soft sheets and an assortment of feather and poly pillows- win! They have coffee and tea available downstairs at all hours- served with real mugs- so we were able to make ourselves at home easily. The staff was friendly and the grounds were well maintained, including the golf course (which seems to be quite an attraction in the area) and the pool area. While we did not avail ourselves to these amenities on this visit, I do see us enjoying the pool next time, as we will be making this our first choice in the area going forward.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed with my three daughters and had a great time. Beds were nice, rooms were clean, staff was friendly, and breakfast was adequate. We used the tennis court but not the pool.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I stayed here for a total of 10 nights whilst on a course at the Wakulla Dive Centre, and was pleasantly surprised. The dive centre have negotiated a special rate with this hotel, which made my stay good value for money.

The rooms are much larger than I was expecting and the beds comfortable and bathroom nice and clean. The hotel was very clean and breakfast although limited was sufficient. The front desk staff were helpful and always friendly. There is a computer with free web access in the lobby.

My room had a kingsize bed and was on the third floor and overlooked the golf course to the rear of the hotel.

The only issue I did have was that the bedroom walls were very thin and you can hear word for word a converstation being held next door, I was woken on more than one occasion in the night by my neighbours snoring!!

The hotel is quite isolated and apart from the restaurant at the golf club you will need to drive some distance to get a decent meal in the evening. The front desk recommended 'Angelos' and if you like fish you will enjoy the food and good service here. There is also a good chinese buffet in Crawfordville near the post office along with the usual fast food joints, but all are at least 20mins drive away.

When I return to the area for some more diving I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in March 2009 while on a road trip of the southern states. I chose to stay at this place because of the price ($70). We usually stay in cheap motels during road trips, so it was a shocker when we saw the place. We arrived at night, and roads leading to the hotel were pitch dark (could only see the headlights/no other vehicles on the road). This was probably because it was mid-March.

After checking in, we went to our room. It was huge. The bed was nice and comfortable and had lovely chairs to sit etc. Basically, this is a really nice hotel for the motel price. I think we were the only guests at the entire hotel, because we didn't see many vehicles in the parking lot and didn't see anyone else anywhere. I felt like we had the entire hotel to ourselves.

In the morning, they provided a simple, lovely breakfast. Nothing fancy, but enough to fill ourselves to get to the next location of our journey.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordville
Best Western Wakulla Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Baymont Inn & Suites Tallahassee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central

Been to Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn? Share your experiences!