“A big gem in a small town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Jalisco

El Jalisco
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Crawfordville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Orange Park, Florida, United States
“A big gem in a small town”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Every summer a large group of us head to Crawfordville to volunteer for Deaf week at Camp Indian Springs nearby and our first night we ALWAYS eat at El Jalisco. The restaurant is is always busy, but when 15 of us show up, we only have a short 15 minute wait, which is nice! The food is always great, prepared fresh and arrives to our table quickly. The margaritas are just plain yummy, and when we're there, they're always 2 for 1...yayyy!! Everyone orders something different, and everyone was happy, try anything on the menu, you're guaranteed to love it!!

• Visited June 2014

Crawfordville, Florida
“Did someone say margarita???”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Margaritas here are great..frozen or on the rocks. The taco salads are large and very good. Nice chicken or beef with tomatoes, cheeses, beans, sour cream and guacamole.
The enchilada's are very good..will go back for the fajitas as they looked very good too.
Friendly atmosphere, good service!

• Visited May 2014
Crawfordville, Florida
“Great drinks!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Real authentic Mexican food! They have the best drinks, margaritas included. The best thing is that this restaurant actually gives back to the community. I LOVE it!!!,!

Visited May 2013
Crawfordville, Florida, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very good food at a great price, nice atmosphere, except when all the Spanish talking is going on and unfortunately I don't speak Spanish. I think it's rude. I've had a few bad experiences with the little momma, she comes across as very rude or like we don't exist, almost as if I'm putting her out. All the other staff are very friendly. The food keeps me going back for more. Great selection.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Brenda H
Sawyer, Michigan
“Best Mexican food in ages”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

In an area where fish and pulled pork are everywhere, this Mexican restaurant was a seriously great find. Four of us each had a different dish. I ordered the Mexican dish I always order as my standard to determine what I think of the place...Enchiladas con Mole. I was in heaven. We went back before the trip was over, and I ordered it again.
Not a fancy atmosphere, but great service and inexpensive.

• Visited February 2014