“Fresh Local Seafood”

Dining options: Reservations
Holmes Beach, Florida
“Fresh Local Seafood”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Want LOCAL fresh seafood? You got it here from local fisherman!
We were invited to join friends here for dinner last weekend. It was our first experience at this long time family owned restaurant.
As we arrived at this little woodsy rustic ranch style building, we felt a sense of genuine Old Florida charm.
After being seated we noted the authentic pine walls and large stone fireplace in the warm and cozy dining room. Local artist displays of indigenous subjects of the area. Ambience a 10 already!!
We proceeded to order wine. The wine list is limited, but good choices of some quality wines. However, the glasses the wine was served in were petite in size. Yes, they filled them, but still good wine should be served in a larger glass for breathing room etc. A bit of polish on wine serving knowledge would be a plus.
The menu was a good menu filled with local seafood choices, and some exotics like quail. I anticipated in my visit to have oysters on half shell, but they only had fried oysters. Therefore, I ordered a catfish dinner. All entrees were accompanied by a house salad, served uniquely in one large bowl of various un-cut mixed salad ingredients, which each of us would ladle out the ingredients on our salad plate. The house dressing was homemade buttermilk ranch-very good!
The catfish dinner came, there was plenty on the plate, and it was delicious! It was sided with hush puppies of which I typically don’t eat since they are a fried carbohydrate, but I tasted one, and had to eat the whole thing. Needless to say, I over indulged that evening, but it was very enjoyable.
Our server was in training, and a bit disjointed, but seemed to have a good personality will be a natural once she gets the swing of things.
Would I go back? In a heartbeat!!! Just terrific!!
However, I would have to select another restaurant if I am looking for ‘raw half shell oyster’ experience.

• Visited May 2014

“beautiful spot in the country”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent in all areas, shrimp and steak were great! Loved it all homemade down to the salad dressing and seafood condiments, super atmosphere and great wait staff!

• Visited July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Seafood at its best”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I've been traveling to Wakulla Springs State Park since the early 1970's. One of our favorite restaurants in the area, which we always visit, is the Spring Creek Restaurant in Crawfordville. The seafood is always fresh, the salads always crisp and cold, and the service is warm and friendly. My husband has been visiting even longer than I and he agrees that there's no more consistent place than Spring Creek. It has the atmosphere of being in a friend's home and you'll always feel welcome.

• Visited October 2013
Tallahassee
“Down at the Coast, Stop into Spring Creek Restaurant”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Right next to Shell Point Beach, is Spring Creek. There you will find a small resaturant that has been family owned and run for decades, and probably not much has changed. The menu never changes, but they always have daily specials. Spring Creek Resaturant is know for good sea food, and the salad bowl they bring to the table. But on my last vist I tried the Quail, and it was very good. If you are at the beach, stop into Spring Creek Resaturant, I think you will like it.

• Visited June 2014
Rotonda West, Florida
“Consisently good food!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Have eaten here several times over the last couple of years when visiting family. I generally try to get the scored brolied flounder when available. It is outstanding, the best I have ever had. Really have not had even an average meal here. Would recommend to anyone who is visiting the area.

• Visited May 2014