“Delisssh!”

Dining options: Reservations
Perry, Florida
“Delisssh!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This place was just wonderful....from the atmosphere, to the service to the food! My husband took me here for the first time for my 40th birthday. I had the bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp and he had the fried mullet and they both were wonderful. The only thing I would of changed is the stuffing....I am from the eastern shore of Maryland so we do crab stuffing a little bit different (better in my opinion) but it was delicious. We also had the seafood bisque and fried softshell for a app which were both fantastic, along with the famous Spring Creek salad with homemade ranch dressing :-) Topped in off with a piece of homemade Key Lime and Choc Peanut Butter Pie and we were not disappointed at all!! Its a must if its in your budget. All total we spent $100 with tip and 3 beers a peice

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank hllangford

Panacea, Florida
“The Best Seafood Restaurant”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

A rustic setting at the end of Spring Creek Road, this restaurant serves the best seafood around. It is mostly fried golden brown. And the fish is fresh and the real McCoy. Can't say enough how good it is. A little above the bar in pricing.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Mike_Locklear
Atlanta
“Times Change”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Been traveling 100 miles one way to eat at this restaurant since early 70s on an average of 4 times per year. Was one of the very best restaurants in the area for seafood. Times have changed, last two trips in late Oct of 2012 and September of 2013 the food has been average at best. Prices have gone up and taste has gone down. I know the gulf seafood industry has been hit hard, but the way they cook the food now, it is over cooked with the crust a dark oak color instead of the normal golden color of the great seafood we use to get. The hush puppies have very few onions in them now. We always order the Mates Seafood Platter and we get 9 shrimp, 9 oysters, 2 pieces of mullet and one deviled crab for $23.00 . Last trip we asked for them to take off the deviled crab and add a piece of mullet and was told ok, but if we wanted oysters we had to pay an extra $4.00 a plate for them or they would just add extra shrimp and forget the oysters. We agreed to add extra shrimp and no oysters. Also, had French fries for our side along with house Salad. Once we got our salads we were stunned. Salad had lettuce, 2 small grape tomatoes, one slice of cucumber and one spring onion each alone with some crackers, had to ask for the garlic butter to go with the salad crackers. When the platters came, we had on one plate 2 hush puppies, 6 shrimp, 14 French fries and 3 small pieces of mullet, the other platter had 2 hush puppies, 9 shrimp, 22 French fries and 3 small pieces of mullet. We were shocked and very disappointed in the food quantity and quality wise. To make things just great when I received the bill $2.00 per plate had been added to the bill for the cost of the extra mullet piece, which was not what we were told as the extra mullet was to replace the deviled crab and where were the extra shrimp we were to get for not having any oysters. When we left we counted how many people had arrived to eat as we had gotten there as they opened the door. It was a Sunday and normally the restaurant was half to 3/4 full by 1PM, no more, there was 11 people including my Wife and I that was seated during the 1-1/2 hours we were there. When locals quit eating at a restaurant you know the food quality and quantity has dropped off dramatically. Hope they get back on track, but I will not be returning anytime soon, if ever, I can get the same taste and quantity from Captain D's and a whole lot cheaper.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Fats_123456
Georgia
“Awesome food”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place is great. Yes it is off of the beaten path but well worth it. The seafood is fresh and cooked perfect. Staff is very friendly and really make you feel at home. Make sure when you go you try the tomato pie!!!! Some of the best food I have ever had.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jdmap
Daphne, Alabama
“The real deal - fresh, delicious food served by happy people.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a great find. This is a family run business with artwork by one of the sons. There's plenty of local seafood. Highly recommend the shrimp & tomato pie, and the crab soup. My boys enjoyed the chicken, but next time I'll make sure that they have the shrimp.

Visited July 2013