“Not fancy...just excellent seafood in a unique atmosphere... Can't wait to go back!”

Star Fish Company Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We are open 11:30am-8:00 pm Tue-Sat 11:30am-3:00pm Sun & Mon. Thank you need Restaurant times updated.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I had the mahi mahi dinner and were amazed at the portion size for the price. Our son got half order of fried shrimp and it was plenty for only 10.95. The atmosphere was the best... Right on the dock at sunset. Great experience!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had lunch this week at the Star Fish in Cortez. I had read some reviews about the place, and was anxious to see what we thought of it. We arrived around noon and stood in line for about a half an hour to place our order at the window. It was so worth the wait. We had shrimp with coleslaw and some conch fritters. Our orders were brought out to us in lunchboxes. The food was amazing, and we will definitely return with friends who are visiting this week.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We loved it last year..the atmosphere, the exotic birds, busy yet casual water setting, colorful picnic tables and the whole unusual process!? They only take cash here. Get here early for lunch or late..there still will be a wait. There was a long line which my husband joined. Then he motioned me to grab a stool at the bar. They serve the bar with no wait!!Brilliant! We got a chowder and beers and placed our order. For me a small fried oyster dinner with cole slaw for my husband pompano grilled with fries. It took the full 30 minutes for the food to arrive in their white boxes. It is fun opening them to see what you got.. Kind of like the happy meals we used to get the kids on rare occasion. Our food was good. My husband loved his pompano. My oysters were browned more than I prefer but still good. I wonder now if I could have ordered them less browned? We chatted with people at the bar and it was an interesting experience. Someone who could not finish offered me one of her conch fritters. I found them greasy and would not get them. Someone in line said to my husband "why exactly are we doing this?". For the unique experience I guess. Prices are fairly reasonable. Stop at the fish store after for some fresh fish for dinner. They make a good seafood salad too! Try it at least once and see what you think!!

1  Thank Helsbabe
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After a day at the beach or on the water there is no place like the Star Fish Company Dockside Restaurant in Cortez, Florida. don't let the long line scare you as the food is well worth the wait. The Grouper sandwiches are available, fried, grilled or blackened and are delicious in any form. The crab corn chowder and the fish stew are always perfect and filled with an abundant amount of seafood to satisfy almost anyone. Order your meals, select a picnic bench overlooking the Cortez harbor and Sarasota Bay and chow down on great seafood as you watch the wildlife, locals, and tourists. Alcoholic beverages, soda, or iced tea round out the meal. Bring cash as credit cards are not accepted. This has become one of our favorite eating places on the Suncoast.

1  Thank EasyEight22407
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It ain't easy to eat here but once you do you'll be glad you did!!!! First you need cash. Second you have to stand in a line to order. Then you have to find a picnic table painted in a glorious folk art theme. Once this happens you most likely will wait about 30 minutes for someone carrying a stack of white boxes carrying your food to belt out your name. Sounds like these are complaints - - - far from it. Go through this drill - grin and bear it cause you'll be glad you did. Here is my suggestion. Once you get to the window order a grouper sandwich. Ask them for additional tarter sauce (if this is how you take it.). Order the seafood chowder (extra crackers) and 2 beers. Chowder they serve immediately as well as the beer. Why two? You may not get anyone's attention for another. For the record, I ordered a side of slaw which complimented the sandwich and fries nicely. Perfectomundo! If you deviate from the above, you are on your own!

2  Thank FrogtownCreek