“A trip to Starfish once every trip to AMI is a must!!!”

Star Fish Company Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Southbury Ct
“A trip to Starfish once every trip to AMI is a must!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We loved it last year..the atmosphere, the exotic birds, busy yet casual water setting, colorful picnic tables and the whole unusual process!? They only take cash here. Get here early for lunch or late..there still will be a wait. There was a long line which my husband joined. Then he motioned me to grab a stool at the bar. They serve the bar with no wait!!Brilliant! We got a chowder and beers and placed our order. For me a small fried oyster dinner with cole slaw for my husband pompano grilled with fries. It took the full 30 minutes for the food to arrive in their white boxes. It is fun opening them to see what you got.. Kind of like the happy meals we used to get the kids on rare occasion. Our food was good. My husband loved his pompano. My oysters were browned more than I prefer but still good. I wonder now if I could have ordered them less browned? We chatted with people at the bar and it was an interesting experience. Someone who could not finish offered me one of her conch fritters. I found them greasy and would not get them. Someone in line said to my husband "why exactly are we doing this?". For the unique experience I guess. Prices are fairly reasonable. Stop at the fish store after for some fresh fish for dinner. They make a good seafood salad too! Try it at least once and see what you think!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Helsbabe

Fredericksburg, VA
“Seafood Feasting at its best”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After a day at the beach or on the water there is no place like the Star Fish Company Dockside Restaurant in Cortez, Florida. don't let the long line scare you as the food is well worth the wait. The Grouper sandwiches are available, fried, grilled or blackened and are delicious in any form. The crab corn chowder and the fish stew are always perfect and filled with an abundant amount of seafood to satisfy almost anyone. Order your meals, select a picnic bench overlooking the Cortez harbor and Sarasota Bay and chow down on great seafood as you watch the wildlife, locals, and tourists. Alcoholic beverages, soda, or iced tea round out the meal. Bring cash as credit cards are not accepted. This has become one of our favorite eating places on the Suncoast.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank EasyEight22407
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Well worth the wait!!!!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It ain't easy to eat here but once you do you'll be glad you did!!!! First you need cash. Second you have to stand in a line to order. Then you have to find a picnic table painted in a glorious folk art theme. Once this happens you most likely will wait about 30 minutes for someone carrying a stack of white boxes carrying your food to belt out your name. Sounds like these are complaints - - - far from it. Go through this drill - grin and bear it cause you'll be glad you did. Here is my suggestion. Once you get to the window order a grouper sandwich. Ask them for additional tarter sauce (if this is how you take it.). Order the seafood chowder (extra crackers) and 2 beers. Chowder they serve immediately as well as the beer. Why two? You may not get anyone's attention for another. For the record, I ordered a side of slaw which complimented the sandwich and fries nicely. Perfectomundo! If you deviate from the above, you are on your own!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank FrogtownCreek
“The BEST of Cortez...Star Fish Co. & boating with Capt. Kathe and Pup Pup”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Star Fish Co Seafood is the BEST! Grouper sandwiches to die for. Get there early! If you have to wait in line, trust me, it's well worth it! Dock side dining in the midst of the historic Cortez fishing village.

Before lunch, we started the day cruising the bay on a pontoon boat Captained by Kathe and daughter Katie along with first mates Pup-Pup and Skipper. The first mates PupPup and Skipper, cocker spaniels, have an uncanny ability to find the dolphin. When the pups start barking, amazingly the dolphin appear off the stern of the boat! You honestly have to see it to believe it. Captain Kathe, a fourth generation fisherman, shares her of knowledge of the fishing industry in Cortez peppered with fishing stories and local history.

Boat ride with Captain Kathe, lunch at Star Fish....it doesn't get any better than this! I highly recommend both!

2 Thank Jeanne W
Rochester, New York
“Great seafood and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Great fresh seafood. I had the oyster po boy. My husband, daughter and her friend had the grouper sandwich. Everyone loved their food. We had to wait in a fairly long line to order our food and a while for it to be ready. The signs let you know it will take time. We met some really nice people and enjoyed the scenery. It was a great experience and I would definitely come to Star Fish Co. Again.