“Dinner with a view”

Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New Florida Flavor, Old Florida Feel! The Seafood Shack Marina, Bar & Grill has been a Cortez landmark since 1971. Accessible by both land and sea, The Seafood Shack has a 68-slip marina, a bar & grill with an outdoor waterfront patio and a private 6,000 sq.ft. banquet space to hold up to 425 guests. Come for the food and stay for the view. Visit us today!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Eating here is a pleasant experience as the wait staff is attentive and the food hot when it arrives at your table. If you like old style Florida, this is the place for you. Typical seafood plates of fish, shrimp, crab and clams served with cole slaw and fries. The view looks out to the Intracoastal Waterway and lots of boating. We saw a pod of dolphins the day we had lunch. You can eat outside on the dock or inside depending on the weather. If you have a the boat you can pull along side and have lunch/dinner. Cocktails are available Nice experience and the food is pretty good. Prices are about average for the area.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We used to eat here every time we came to Anna Maria. This visit we saw that the upstairs restaurant was open again and were excited to try it again. I really wanted to like it but had a very mixed experience. The good - the service, the crab cakes, the grouper and the hush puppies. It also has a nice view of the water. The misses - a fair portion of my salad had leaves that were brown on the edges, they were out of red snapper which two of our party had wanted, the vegetables that came with the entrees were overcooked and finally their key lime pie was served on a chocolate crust. Don't think we will be going back any time soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

First experience eating here and the last. Sat inside upstairs, interior is totally dated, more like an old banquet hall badly in need of updating. Seats by the window allow you to avoid the interior views. Staff was friendly. Food could only be rated as average or below. I had the seafood platter,
presentation was poor and for some reason the scallops tasted more like fish than anything. I thought the menu pricing a little high for the area, when you so many other seafood locations to choose from.

1  Thank lbcOntario
Reviewed March 31, 2013

After finding 50-60 minute waits at the island's other more popular restaurants, we were actually leaving the island when we spied the Seafood Shack on the way over the bridge. I was initially hesitant from the initial appearance but then decided to be adventurous. Excellent call. Yes, the place is quite dated but extremely clean and orderly. The service was very good; the staff friendly; the food was delivered in a most timely manner and everything was extremely well prepared and very tasty. I ordered the crab cakes and was most pleasantly satisfied. I will definitely be going back and will likely recommend the Seafood Shack to my fellow "townies".

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After a long drive all over the island & leaving several places with rediculous wait times, we headed back mainland and decided to stop here. Best decision EVER. I honestly do not have one single complaint or even improvement suggestion. Yes, is it an older establishment compared to the higher end beach places, but that was half it's charm. It brought me back to the days of my youth when there was a good quality of service and food in a quaint setting. The place was clean, the waiter Glenn was great, the food was delicious. The price was standard for the entrees of a tourist setting but the appetizers were downright cheap & I haven't been to a place that charged less than $2 for a soda in years! Their hushpuppies were incredible, my husband raved about the crab cakes & I had a wonderful prime rib. We WILL be going back! Can't believe I've lived here 5 years and have never been to this place!