Captain Kim's Boat Rides and Charter

Phenomenal tour!

Reviewed June 9, 2018
bethf7
Atlanta, Georgia

All reviews sea life sand dollars two hours sand bar sea grass saw dolphins third generation anna marie island crab whole family whelks great tour hour tour bird sanctuary lots of fun fish local area
Reviewed 3 days ago

We had a lovely time with captain Kim. Even though we did not see dolphins, Kim gave us a very educational trip. Kim knows the area inside out. Would recommend a trip with Kim to see the island from a different angle. Thanks Kim. Loved every minute of it. Marcus and Alison. From Northern Ireland.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

My husband and I took our grandchildren on a tour with Captain Kim last week. She is truly amazing. We all learned so much and the children had the time of their lives. They even said it was the best day of their lives! On Kim's recommendation, I booked for ninety minutes because of their ages. The time flew by. We were out for two hours and she charged us for the ninety minutes that we booked. I would highly recommend this for anyone anywhere near! We can't wait to go back later in the summer.

1  Thank bethf7
Reviewed May 12, 2018

Kin was an outstanding Capt. and tour guide. The 90 minute trip was awesome and she showed us sea fish, dolphins, etc. Very interesting and educational. I would suggest this tour to anyone who comes to Anna Marie Island or surrounding area. She is the best!

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time, Captain Kim was so knowledgeable on the area, it was so interesting.
Loved seeing all the Dolphins!
Captain Kim was delightful, we will be going again on our next visit!

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I would and have recommended Captain Kim to everyone I know! She has taken my family on tours and shelling multiple times! She is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. God bless her! She can- and has- spent an entire hour answering “hey Kim, what is this” every-other-minute between my two younger girls! She is always happy to share her vast knowledge of sea life and educate my family! We adore her and her awesome employees who are just as fantastic! (Shout out to Destiny! She did one of our shelling trips this February and it was a lot of fun! We also came across a dolphin on that trip and Destiny taught us a lot we didn’t know about dolphins!)

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Six of us took a private two hour pontoon boat tour with Captain Kim yesterday and it was an unforgettable experience. It was a beautiful sunshiny day and we saw and did everything we wanted to do. We watched dolphins close up herding fish and learned about their habits while they played in the water in front of us. Captain Kim took us to two different sandbars where we all got off the boat. We learned how to look for sand dollars and other sea life. We found our sand dollars also found conch, whelk, and even a hermit crab and sea urchin. We learned about various kinds of fish, heard a history of the bay and local marine businesses, boated past a bird sanctuary and had an overall wonderful time. Captain Kim was very knowledgeable and friendly. Wear your bathing suit so you can get off the boat and hunt for sand dollars. Had we known what a good time we would have, we would have booked a three hour tour.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Great boat rides and very informative. We stopped nest a sand dune and found shells and sand dollars...lots of fun!

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Family of 5 (3 kids 5 to 11). 90 min tour. Lots of fun, learn a lot, got a great tour of Sarasota Bay. Kim is highly knowledgeable on the history of the area, the ecosystem, and finding really cool nature right in front of us. The kids loved it. She is as passionate about the environment as she is knowledgeable about the wildlife living in it.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

We met Captain Kim at her designated dock & enjoyed a wonderful private trip around the bay. She showed us so much nature hidden right in front of us and was such an expert on all the sea life. We never knew sand dollars and other creatures were hiding just under the sand; she taught our children how to respect the sea life. The kids talked about the boat ride as the neatest part of their Florida trip.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

We found Captain Kim to be full of energy as she explained this area, where she is a third generation fisherman. We saw both dolphin and manatee as well as baby shrimp, puffer fish and a host of other "babies" in the sea grass. The highlight was getting out of the boat and wading on a sand bar, where we picked up and released sand dollars and conks. The boat was easy for me to get back in. I was worried about that after reading some reviews, but as a 61 year old portly man, I had no trouble.
From what I saw, this trip is what you make of it. If you ask questions and tell Kim what you are interested in seeing, she will do her best to make it happen. She exceeded our expectations.
I would do this exact trip again on our next vacation.

1  Thank Reilly-Reviws