“Best part of our vacation!”
Review of H2O Watersportz

H2O Watersportz
Ranked #4 of 22 Tours in Cortez
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer boat & jetski rentals with the largest riding without a guide. Explore Tampa & Sarasota Bays along with the Gulf of Mexico. Want a tour guide? No problem we offer boat & jet ski tours as well. Private & Split fishing charters for offshore and private only for the inshore. Everything is included except food/beverage and the tip to your helpful 1st mate. Book & Pay online or call our friendly staff. Credit Card & Photo ID are mandatory for rentals. Don't have a photo id or credit card? Take a boat tour where all you need is payment!
Greenwich, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best part of our vacation!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I hit every sandbar! It was great! The pontoon was large for 2 people but we found it to be great for being on the water all day. We took out a cooler of food and water...some fishing poles and just relaxed! Lucky for us the staff go over the area because we would have not known were to go. We got a map and hit the water. My husband caught a few keepers but nothing major. It was really the best part of our vacay! We felt like locals :) H2O staff were very helpful and we will be back next time we are in the area. Totally recommend!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Julie S

Bradenton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“another prop damage”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Visiting from Indiana with family. I wanted to show them a good time so I decided to rent a 24ft pontoon boat from H20 watersportz. We had an excellent day out on the water but when we returned, Chris began to inspect the boat before we were even unloaded....and announced there was "significant" prop damage.I went to look at the so called prop damage. We never hit anything really except sand. The prop had been painted black and the paint was worn off. A couple of little dings. Probably buying soft aluminum props so they can get an extra $100 out of vacationers. Probably sharpen the edges and painted to get their next victim. Chris then began to tell me that technically he could charge me $200 it he wanted since I signed the paperwork and it's in the small print..but instead would let me go if I paid $100. I believe this is some sort of scam he probably tells every customer just to get more money. This is the last time I'll go there.. seen lots of birds and sea life. Expect to pay about $360 for your 4 hr trip. $200 for the boat, $100 for the prop and $60 for the gas. They will show you the freshly painted prop before you leave. Have rented in other area and never had a outfit do that before.
It was a fun trip around the bay

Visited August 2013
10 Thank page1952
H2OWatersportz, Owner at H2O Watersportz, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Lester, as you can see by me knowing who wrote this review I charge a very limited number of people every year......Your review is ludacris!
To say we shave the edge of our props down to scam people! What a crooked train of thought you have! We buy & recondition our props through a local company called General Propellor. They do not sell "soft props" as you imply. Nor do we shave the edges down our props to "get our next victim". And your prop...sir... was severely damaged with chunks out of the blade!!! As you are aware of!!!

So to be clear to all who read this completely bogus review...

1. Yes we do charge for props. We have the lowest price rentals around and if you do not damage our property it will remain an inexpensive trip for you. But in no way will your inability to operate with caution and not damage a prop or any other H2O property will it become our expense. You damage it you pay for it.
You did damage the prop, as you stated.... "I went to look at the so called prop damage. We never hit anything really except sand." Just to inform you... that the "sand" here often has conch shells, among hundreds of other species of shells that WILL damage a prop, as you found out!!

I showed you a brand new prop prior to leaving my marina with the sticker still on it from General Propellor. Below is the excerpt in your paperwork you signed. You say it was in fine print...if you could not read the paperwork we would have been happy to read it to you.

" *In order to keep my boat engine running properly: I need to distribute weight evenly to prevent cavitation, I need to remove all grass from around the boat prop, I must not operate in low water or seagrass beds, I must trim up the motor when in shallow water, The boat motor must never make contact with the sea bottom.
* I will be charged for prop damage & clogged intake. I understand that damage to the prop will cost me a minimum of $200.00 or more for a replacement or repair of the lower unit/impellor. This is non-negotiable. "

"Another prop scam" you say....I say "another irresponsible boater looking to get over on a local business." We do not need customers that admittingly damage our property and then post slanderous reviews!
Bradenton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“prop damage scam”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm a local and had family from out of state visiting. I wanted to show them a good time so I decided to rent a 24ft pontoon boat from H20 watersportz. When I got there the woman behind the counter was very informative and friendly. We had an excellent day out on the water but when we returned, the friendly woman was gone and instead there was a man. He began to inspect the boat before we were even unloaded....and announced there was "significant" prop damage. When my husband and I went to look at the so called prop damage..the man was very rude repeating at least 3 times" I dont know what you hit! but there's definitely prop damage!" We never hit anything and the prop had been painted white which is weird to me since every prop I've ever seen in stainless steel. The "prop damage" he was talking about what just the white paint on the edges was missing. The prop itself had no damage. The man then began to tell me that technically he could charge me $200 it he wanted since I signed the paperwork and it's in the small print..but instead would let me go if I paid $50. I believe this is some sort of scam he probably tells every customer just to get more money. This is the last time I'll go there. He embarrassed me infront of my visiting family and ruined all of our good moods after such a nice day.

Visited July 2013
12 Thank Jackie D
H2OWatersportz, Owner at H2O Watersportz, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
First, I would like to start with the fact that the white prop is the original for that motor, Yamaha 50hp 2 stroke. Feel free to research this since that was not done prior to this review. Although, saying you have never seen a prop that wasn't stainless was pretty much proof that you aren't educated in boats, motors, props, and obviously, operation. The paint you are referring to was approximately 3" missing which indicates that the blade was also grinded down from running through sand. I was trying to be nice to you by charging you my cost on the rebuild, not including labor in removing the damaged one and replacing the new one....which was not free for my employee to do. That NEW prop was shown to you prior to leaving our marina, as is, to every one of the over 3000 renters we have per year. Also, you were a local renting from our business because you were having engine issues with your own boat from running aground! We are glad that you had a great time on our boat and that you were treated kind with great instruction, as part of your review reflected. It is unfortunate that you have given the poor review because you were charged for (admittingly) damaging our prop. As you know from being a boat owner & obviously running aground frequently that props are EXPENSIVE! In no way did the price of rental you paid cover the cost of a damaged prop.....$45 dollars you were charged is actually BELOW cost for that prop. I was in no way rude to you when returning to the dock. I merely did exactly what I do anytime a boat returns to my dock, INSPECT it! Your boat is inspected before and after you return. This process was explained to you by Blossom while doing the paperwork, it was actually written in your paperwork, while explaining the navigational rules (staying in the channel) and again explained to you by Braden, our dock hand while doing your orientation on the boat before leaving. In no way is it my intentions to embarrass you when you damage my equipment. It is my job to inspect the damage and charge you accordingly. You kept insisting that I tell you where the damaged occurred, what you hit.....my response was "I don't know where you damaged it. I just know it left new and came back damaged!" To call someone a scammer when you knowingly damaged something is absurd. You admit you got great instruction, you admit the prop was damaged but you don't feel that you having to pay for something that you did is fair. I feel that it reflects on your character, not the character of our operation or our staff. Good luck with your own boat and learn the channels before going back on the water.
Sarasota, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Cap'n Ron sails again”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We did a family outing on the water with a pontoon boat from WaterSportz. WS was very helpful and the equipment worked great! Our only mistake was heading down the open waters of Sarasota Bay (had a Salty Dog addict on board). It's 10 miles of water and not much else. A far better choice would be to turn North towards Tampa Bay. Lots more to see and do, especially the Rod & Reel pier.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Rod & Vicky
Beverly, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“CRAIGCAT, DOLPHINS, AND A WHOLE LOTTA BLUE!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I have rented several times from H20 and were excited to get a groupon deal. Well, the husband couldn't make it so I took a gal-friend on Feb21. We had a great time touring from Bimini Bay to the sandbar near the bridge to Longboat. The Craigcat is very easy to learn to drive. It is comfortable, even for an over 50 crew! The personal are courteous and give good training. Just remember not to jib up the motor, or whatever he told me. They have actually locked the lift so you won't have any worries.
We saw all kinds of fish, dolphin, shark, rays. Last summer we saw sea turtles. Better than the aquarium!
I am looking forward to another rental in April. We were promised an amazing discount for our next rental. Hope he remembers me!
Please rent yourself a Craigcat. You won't be disappointed.
Peace and Paint,