“Delightful evening at Cortez Kitchen”
Review of Cortez Kitchen

Cortez Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed March 12, 2020 via mobile

Following a bad experience with the hostess at Swordfish Grill after a 35-minute wait, we were not in a good mood when we walked next door to Cortez Kitchen. But we had a great time, thanks to the friendly waitress Shannon and some amazing seafood. One of the specials was grilled red shrimp, which Shannon said are from Argentina. Although we like to support locally caught seafood whenever possible, we ordered the red shrimp as an appetizer and they were so tasty I ordered them as my main course too. The main course comes with two sides ($21.99; I can’t remember appetizer price). Served with melted butter, they taste like mini-lobsters. The Steamer Pot of shrimp, scallops, clams, grouper, broccoli, and celery ($21.99) and steamed clams ($11.99) were delicious. We love the hole-in-the-wall atmosphere in a covered outdoor setting. It reminds me of what makes Anna Maria Island special. Thanks to the staff at Cortez Kitchen for rescuing our disastrous evening and making it special.

Date of visit: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (500)

Reviewed March 8, 2020

I should know better than to order beef at a seafood restaurant but it was the daily special, sounded good and the server suggested avoiding fried oysters—my favorite—at this time of year. Ugh! The meat slice was so thin it couldn’t possibly be medium rare so why did they ask? Full of fat. Certainly overpriced. Very disappointingl

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed February 11, 2020 via mobile

We ate at the Cortez Kitchen on Monday evening. They had a good band playing, who were very good.
Enjoyed the food and music.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed February 11, 2020

Great atmosphere. So close to fish docks the fish are practically jumping into the skillet or on the grill. Great "real Florida" seafood. I would enthusiastically recommend this restaurant "joint" to friends and family!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank FloGrownTC
Reviewed January 27, 2020

My wife and I love going here to Cortez Kitchen for the fresh seafood. We have been going here for many years and never disappointed. I love the scallops and ask for them blackened. Really very good and we also like the fried shrimp, delicious enough that I also eat the tails on the shrimp, that good. This is our go to spot when we arrive Florida and are looking for the real fresh seafood...Hard to beat this place as everything is very tasty! Very open, on the water and very relaxing atmosphere, Florida at it's best!

Date of visit: January 2020