“Authentic Local Vibe”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent. We had grouper and coconut shrimp. Local band was playing. Laid back atmosphere with open dining.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a reviewReviews (500)

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at Cortez Kitchen this evening. I’m a weight watcher and found this menu challenging. I ordered the “large salad” for $12.99 and had grilled shrimp added for a total of $15.99. This is the smallest $16 salad I’ve ever had. The people I was dining with even commented about its size. It was no bigger than the side salad you can order at a fast food restaurant. I went home and had dinner.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Friendly place to visit, happy hour prices are great, staff is friendly and helpful. This restaurant is located in Cortez Village which is a fishing village so you know that any fish or seafood you order is as fresh as it gets, the prices are reasonable. On weekends there is live entertainment from local bands which adds to the dining experience. We will definitely be going back when we next visit Bradenton.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018

I had lunch there today and was very pleased with the food and the service. There were a lot of people there and all seemed to enjoy themselves. It is pet friendly.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

I was so looking forward to eating here! The atmosphere was great... very casual plastic cups, plastic utensils, outside. It’s by docks near a marina so the setting is really cool. The beer was cold and wait staff was handy. Unfortunately the food was so so. The shrimp was served with the black icky thread that should be cleaned out. Gross. The flavor wasn’t great and the texture of a couple of the shrimp was mushy. I know I should have said something but I didn’t want anything else.