“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Great seafood and cool atmosphere. A big menu but I always get the grouper sandwich. It can get busy during season!

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (500)

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

We'd dined here a few years ago. It's changed since our last visit. It's an active working seafood area with palettes of Fish Bait stacked up waiting to be loaded into trucks or in the freezer area near the restaurant. Be prepared for the smells that come with this fact. The clam chowder was tasty with loads of clams and potatoes. Being stone crab season, we enjoyed a dinner serving with fried okra and hush puppies that were average. The server informed us that it has not been a good crabbing season so far.our next stop was Star Fish Company just up the street. Much better view of the waterways than watching the Fish Bait loading activities.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

I have actually eaten here many times and never noticed the smoking but we went to eat there yesterday with our 2 young children and several parties were smoking. One person lit up right next to our infant. We actually ended up leaving before we even had the food this time as a result. I have eaten it before, it was average but we returned because I like the setting... no more. They operate more like a bar. I don’t want to damage my lungs or my child’s over a grouper sandwich which can eaten elsewhere.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

This is a no frills but excellent food place located outside and on the water. We go every year at least 2x during our vacation. There are many items that they do an awesome job serving: blackened grouper, clam chowder, scallops, Cuban sandwich, coconut shrimp, and the best alligator and tuna appetizers (best I have ever had). Cannot wait to go back next year! Don’t forget the Rum Runner.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Great place to go for a no frills, basic fresh seafood meal.
Simple but with that old Florida charm not easily found in this touristic area.
Live bands on weekends are usually good too!

Date of visit: August 2017