“Khana Kh'Zana is a truly GREAT Indian Restaurant in Coral Springs”
Review of Khana Kh'zana

Khana Kh'zana
Ranked #27 of 296 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Khana Kh'Zana is a truly GREAT Indian Restaurant in Coral Springs”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I've been eating Indian food since 1968 when I met many Indians while working in New York. While I'm no expert on Indian food, I know what I like and what I don't like when I eat it. I don't like "muddy" flavors in Indian food, which I describe as having too many spices that don't marry well together so that no specific flavors stand out. I also don't like Indian food that's been sitting around for days and days. What I do like about Indian food is that when it's good, it's very very good. It totally inspires me and takes me off to a distant time and place! It's my favorite cuisine, bar none.

That said, enter Khana Kh'Zana, which is located just beyond University Drive on Sample Road in Coral Springs. (10345 Sample Road, Coral Springs, Tel: [...], www.khana-khzana.com). OMG! My husband and I dined there for the first time last night and we felt like we'd died and gone straight to culinary heaven. We tried fairly typical dishes...Chicken Tikka Masala (I know that this dish isn't actually Indian) Lamb Madras and Palak Paneer. We also ordered two garlic naan breads.

These lovely people don't overcharge for their food and are SOOOOO generous in their portions. We couldn't begin to finish any of the dishes we ordered and brought home more leftovers than we ate! The meat dishes have so many chunks of meat, we were amazed. They season their food correctly. Flavors aren't muddy, and each dish tastes very fresh with generous sprinklings of coriander leaves that also lend a nice fresh taste. The bread was fresh and delicious. We didn't even manage to finish the first order of bread!

The people here are so incredibly delightful. It is clearly their great pleasure to make you happy when you eat there. The owner's name is Arun. He's a peach! His son, whose name I didn't get and a lovely Colombian lady also work there, in addition to another woman in the kitchen. The only drawback is their use of plastic eating utensils and styrofoam plates and bowls (and aluminum take out dishes for serving). While there are only five tables, many enthusiastic diners eat in, this place is clearly great for take out. I plan to call in my orders and then drive there - it's about 10-15 minutes from our home in Pompano Beach. We can't wait to go back and try many other things on their menu!

After last night, this is definitely the beginning of a long and lovely culinary friendship.

• Visited January 2012
4 Thank PamelaFisk

Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great little Indian Cafe,”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great family run Indian. Not a fine dining restaurant at all. Food with no frills

Visited December 2011
4 Thank Philip868
Casselberry, Florida
“Graet prices”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Love their food.. simple menu.. everything is always made fresh.. adn I love to take out the food too.. the portions are generous. and they will make suggestions for thise unfamiliar with Indian dishes

5 Thank rorothman
Buffalo, NY
“A Gem”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is authentic Indian food, prepared fresh, with superb flavors. Our group of four ate in the tiny restaurant, but the take-out business was booming. The chef/owner could not have been more attentive. He had a great sense of humor and a wonderful accommodating business style. Another reviewer suggested take-out, but eating in is an option. Atmosphere is minimal, but atmosphere takes a back seat to great Indian food, well prepared. Our favorite dish was the chicken corma. The naans were excellent, too. Keep this place in mind if you're looking for a great, inexpensive Indian meal.

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Amherstgal
Miami
“Excellent Indian food!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were looking for a good Indian restaurant and found Khana Khazana on Trip Advisor. Only problem, there was only one review. We figured we'd try it and here's my review:

The restaurant is extremely small and really designed as a take out joint. There is no ambiance, however the food is excellent! Everything we had was delicious and there was more than enough food. We had so much left over that we may even have enough for a meal for two - we had four at the restaurant.

Keep in mind, you are not eating there for the atmosphere. The tables and chairs are school cafeteria issue and they serve you in take out tins..... If you don't like the atmosphere, take the food home! You'll love the food!

The prices are very reasonable and the owner is a super nice guy!

• Visited October 2011