“Pass This One By”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I'll just summarize by saying this is not worth the headache. It was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at ever. Hotel staff need serious attitude adjustments. Not all the staff were untolerable but seriously need improvements.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We checked in and room smelled terrible. Told downstairs desk and laughed because later I found out they thought I was talking about dog that pooped on their carpet earlier. The second night finally the smoke detector went off in the room because something was burning. Smell was stronger and room looked a little smokey. Finally maintenance arrived to check it out ...didn't really seem to think it was a big deal....moved to room much better but we felt sick from the room before and were coughing. When leaving next day people were using luggage carrier and desk said don't worry we will send it up....30 mins later I came down and they seem to forgot about us. Well they gave me one of the two nights free when I said we should really get both free. The desk said the manager will call me on Monday .....yeah right of course we got no call

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Simcha H
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Let me start off by saying that I've been a La Quinta Returns Club member since 1994. I travel a lot on business and spend more than 150 nights per year in hotels.

When my wife booked this room online (several weeks before our stay) she requested a non-smoking room, with a king size bed, in a quiet part of the building, with a decent view. About a week before traveling I called the hotel and spoke with a nice young man to confirm our request would be met and he assured me that they would be.

Upon arrival we were given a room on the fifth floor that smelled like they had been having a smoking convention in it for the past few months. I immediately went back downstairs and explained the problem to the clerk who changed our room to one on the fourth floor at the end of the hall. This room didn't stink but the A/C was VERY noisy. In addition to the A/C noise, there was a woman in the room next door that spent her entire stay screaming and cursing at her young children, and there was a dog across the hall that continually barked.

Additional "concerns"... The carpet in the hallways is stained, torn and nasty. They don't have an exercise room or business center. If you want an airline boarding pass printed you will need to go to the local library or the Marriott Courtyard Hotel down the street. The breakfast is served from 6:00 AM till 9:00 AM so I never made it down there on time so I can't say anything about it. This hotel like most hotels has changed from blankets to thick, HOT comforters which I personally can't stand. All hotels could save a fortune on cooling bills if they would go back to the lightweight blankets instead of the heavy comforters.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back have the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jeff F
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Poor Maintenance. The lobby and hallways were filthy. There were cookies all over the floor by the ice machine when we checked in around 4 PM and they were still there in the morning when we left. They could at least shampoo the ruge and clean the lobby furniture. We were suppose to have a refrierator in the room and it was not there. They were suppose to inform us when the room was ready, they did not.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed June 21, 2014

As always our stay at La Qinta in Coral Springs exceeded our expectations. Staff is very acomodating, pleasant and professional. Rooms are clean and modern at a reasonable price. Would recommend this highly!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was on a bus trip to the casinos and this hotel is where we spent one night. The room was very clean and inviting! The bed was extremely comfortable and I had a good nights rest. The night auditor we encountered was a very pleasant young man who welcomed all of us weary gamblers. The only downside was there is only one elevator and with 40 people trying to get to there rooms it took quite awhile. Lucky me, my room was on the second floor and I just used the stairs. Breakfast was very nicely presented and tasted good. Coffee was heavenly!! I really enjoyed my stay here and would have no hesitation on returning.

Room Tip: I requested a smoking room and was assigned Rm 201..good for using the stairs instead of elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Slotscrazy
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is a good value for what you pay. The feature that I like is that you get wireless internet and breakfast included in the room rate. The AC is effective and quiet. The hotel itself is quiet at night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
#99 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#78 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr? Share your experiences!