“Start to Finish A+ !! Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosedale Brick Oven - CLOSED

Rosedale Brick Oven
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: From delicious soups, salads, sandwiches and appetizers to mouth watering pasta dishes. Baked dishes, seafood entrees and meat entrees. With aromatic and tantalizing daily specials, there is something for everyone. Our Wood Burning, brick oven pizzas will save you the airfare of traveling to Napoli, Italia. Recipes from our New York neighborhoods brought to you,prepared fresh every day. Even our breads are home made. We even have a kids menu for the bambini. We use only the best imported products available to create dishes you will crave time and time again. •A Tuscan theme with old world brick, tiles and wood that make you feel at ease. •A warm, friendly staff that greets you and welcomes you home. •Watch our pizza and pasta chefs prepare your meal, using only the finest imported and local ingredients to ensure your meal tastes the best. •Watch us prepare our dough and pizza sauce made from imported San Marzano tomatoes. •Our authentic wood-fired brick oven, with its flames in view, sending an aroma throughout that excite your senses. •As you explore the menu, you will find many delicious dishes. Enjoy soft music with songs from the "Rat Pack", Frankie Valli and others. Watch silent video monitors featuring classic black and white movies and photos of old times past. Whether sitting and enjoying a meal, being at the bar sipping a glass of wine or drinking your favorite beer, your senses will be excited. Don't forget our Espresso and desserts. Early bird specials, lunch specials, daily specials and happy hour.
Niles, Ohio
“Start to Finish A+ !! Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

From the time we walked into the door it was all Good. Sunday 12/29. The restaurant is stylish and contemporary in a casual way. The eclectic mix of the people showed that this place is attractive to all. We were most impressed by the staff that night. Everyone was attentive, friendly, and pleasant. We did not have to ask for a thing. They were always cleaning off dirty plates, filling water , pop., asking if everything was OK. etc.. The staff looked like they really enjoyed working there and it showed. Nothing ruins a meal more than a sour server !! Shortly after sitting down we were brought a warm crusty bread with dipping oil, which was very good. We started with the pasta fagioli (different than I am used to) made of cannellini beans, chicken broth, ditalini , tomatoes, prosciutto) and it was absolutely outstanding. We made a comment that a large bowl with bread would be a terrific meal. We came here specifically to try the pizza. We had the Italiano (tomatoes, pepperoni, hot Italian sausage, roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella.) wood fired thin and crispy. It was tasty, just right spicy, with flavorful toppings, We loved it!. We were watching the dinners being served and they all looked great and quite hearty. Lots of take home boxes. We love Italian and Rosedale certainly stands out. This reinforces our belief to stay away from the chains.

1 Thank CAT_AJM
JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
We would like to thank you for not only visiting us but taking the time in leaving such a wonderful review. It was great reading that your party not only enjoyed your food selections but the service and atmosphere as well. We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward in seeing you again !!

USA
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had fairly high expectations based on other reviews. It ended up being an average restaurant which is not bad just not great.

Staff were extremely nice and welcoming. Salad was very fresh and plentiful. My veal Marsala had tough veal which was a disappointment but the pasta was tasty. My husband's lasagna was lukewarm and the bottom layer hard.

May come back to try their pizza if I'm in the area but not sure about their entrees.

2 Thank reddogsrule
Coral Springs, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed:(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

It was a Sunday afternoon 3:30pm 12/22/13
A friend asks if I wanted t go to lunch with her, I said sure.
She said were do you want to go? I said there is a new pizza place around the corner call Rosedale Brick Pizza I told her it’s oven brick pizza I have never had that before.
So we get there, kind of dark, floor looked unfinished not sure if that is the look they were going for?
We were greeted, the waitress said we can sit were ever we wanted. No one in the place one of the waitress said they just finish a party. Once we sat down it felt like they had forgotten about us.
She finally came by ask what we wanted to drink. We ask for two beers and place are order.
She brings the beer and asks if we are ready to order? I said I did, so she asks if I would tell her again, so I did. White pizza pie with spinach & prosciutto. After a while she brings the order and it’s incorrect.
So she looks at the pizza and says what’s wrong I said it’s missing the prosciutto and the spinach was just thrown on. I repeat the order. She says she will tell the chef to make another pie.
Then she brings the same pie back with cold prosciutto! I said that’s cold and she says that the chef said some people like it cold. I said the pizza is hot why would I want cold toppings? So she takes the pizza back again so they can heat the prosciutto on the pie. I can say one good thing I don’t know if it was just luck but the dessert was great!
That is the only thing they have going for them. I really thought it would be are new pizza place.
I will NOT be back though.

1 Thank Neyda H
JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed in your food selection. Yes, the floor is supposed to look that way. It is a stained concrete, used in many restaurants, to give a rustic look that compliments all of the brick and wood in the restaurant. Although the spinach is laid over the pizza and cooked in our brick oven, the prosciutto di parma is put on after the pizza is cooked. It is thinly sliced with a melt in your mouth texture. It is the same delicious prosciutto that is found on our anti pasti plate. This should not be cooked at 800 degrees...never. Maybe prosciutto crudo but that is a different style. Although every pizza is hot, many of our selections have toppings laid on afterwards such as the Toscana, Salata and Chicken Rustica. I am sorry for the misunderstanding and welcome you back to try one of our many popular menu choices. Thanks again !!
coral springs fl.
“A great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to Rosedale for dinner one night because we had a living social coupon. We had a eggplant dinner and shared a chicken bruchetta pizza both were excellent and we had enough for dinner the next night. We will definitely be going back and bringing all our friends.

social coupon

1 Thank roseychic
Thank you so much for the positive feedback and saying you would bring back some friends. It was great to hear how much you enjoyed your selection. Word of mouth is always the best advertisement and we thank you !!!
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Nice Enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Curious about the restaurant, we had dinner here. The food was better than average. I had the eggplant parm, which was probably the best I've had since I am living here. My Mom had the chicken parm, which was equally as good. The disappointment came when my Mom was trying to put her leftovers in the take away dish. She was having trouble coordinating the plate, fork, and dish. The waitress just stood by and watched. (Not very nice.) It was actually quite shameful not to help and 85 1/2 year old. I had to get up and help my Mom. It felt as though the waitress was ridiculing us. If you want good food and not so good service, I'd say give Rosedale a try. For the same money, you can get good food and good service elsewhere.

1 Thank Malibured3
JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
First, let me thank you for visiting the restaurant and taking the time in leaving a review. It was wonderful to hear that you loved the food, saying some of the choices were the best you have had. Please don't let the action of the server during the transport of food from the plate to the container for take home alter your feelings for us. The servers are instructed to bring the containers to the table and let them transfer the food. Many customers prefer it that way, regardless of age... especially my 87 year old mother in law. Sorry for the misunderstanding.