“A whole night of fun in one place!”

Tavolino Della Nonna
Ranked #3 of 313 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant for years! I have always been drawn to the family atmosphere and amazing food. I am italian, and their food is just as good, if not better than the italian food I was used to eating growing up. Not only do they have delicious traditional italian food, but they have a specials menu which changes weekly consisting of the chef's unique creations. Recently, they have expanded and added a new bar and lounge to the restaurant. The same food menu is available at the bar, along with a late night menu with some bar bites on it. They have different bands each weekend, followed by a DJ. The bands have been jazz-bassed, and are very entertaining. Last time I was in, the bartender, Billy mentioned a "Happy Hour" and "Ladies Night" are soon to come! If you are looking for a nice night out with friends, or a date night, this is the perfect place to come and enjoy a good atmosphere.

3  Thank cmtozz

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Well, after talking to people today about my experience at Tavolinos, I guess the owners really don't care about their patrons that live in their back yard. I had such a bad experience and shared it with a group of people today, I was at Tavolinos with a party of 6. One of the couples had not been to this restaurant. I was not the only one with complaints once i told my story. Two people spoke up that they shared the same experience. From the service, to the manger to the owner, the way they represented their restaurant was unprofessional. We paid our bill in full, left a 20% tip and we were literally shoe'd out of the restaurant. It doesn't matter what our complaint was, we were very respectful of this establishment and their arrogance got the best of them. It is not how your represent yourself when things are great, it is how you represent yourself when a situation occurs. This owner failed as a business owner and really defined himself as an arrogant man who does not care about the people of Coral Springs or Parkland. I will never eat at this restaurant and have lost respect for this establishment. If he continues to treat people the way he does (which 2 people expressed to me today and these two people were with a group of 20 and 6) he will never make it. Extremely disappointed! I will go to Matteos, Augys etc...worth the drive to Boca to be treated with Respect!

4  Thank Renee P
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been coming here since it opened - the food is outstanding and they just added a lounge area with live music. Ask for Grandma's kitchen - seats four people and is away from the crowd - great area for dinner.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

A year ago I ate at Tavolina Della Nonna and was underwhelmed, and did not write a review. We went there Saturday night, and I was totally wowed. They have renovated the place, upgraded the menu and wine list, and have become first rate in my estimation.

The place is large and was packed (Saturday night), yet the chef managed to cook all our dishes to perfection. We split our meals - no problem.

A bit on the loud side, but lively and fun. The live jazz band (on the other side of the restaurant) was excellent.

Try it - it's really worthwhile.

2  Thank pickytrvler
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It is surprising to find a restaurant of this quality in a strip mall in Coral Springs. We could have been in Rome. The atmosphere of Tavolino Della Nonna is contemporary and upscale, and most of the patrons were dressed accordingly. The menu combines some traditional Italian-American dishes with more modern dishes. Upon being seated, diners are offerred fresh bread with a dish of roasted garlic and one of sundried tomato pesto to spread. The wine list is in a cool illuminated case that looks like an iPad. While prices are on the high side portions are large and it's really an excellent value. We tried the signature pear pasta and now know why it's so popular, as well as the pasta fagioli. The soup came in a huge bowl but was not so heavy to spoil one's appetite for dinner. Our favorite main course was the outstanding Garlic Crusted Roast Salmon in a lemon sauce over a bed of spinach. The waiter brings out a huge tray displaying the dessert selection, but it was hard to find room for these tempting desserts.