Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Stayed at this property for 7 nights, Dec 3 to 11, Concierge level, with no complaints. If you have business anywhere between Aventura and Boca Raton, this is a perfect choice. The freeways and interstates get you anyplace within roughly a half hour, and the value at this property is much better than at one of the other full-service Marriotts in the vicinity. Appreciated the Front Desk manager's efforts to accommodate all our requests regarding our room, and felt well taken care of (many thanks indeed, folks).

For those travellers wary of noise, the hotel features an East wing away from the lobby (Rooms x03 to x14, with those in the middle of this range farthest away). Rooms x03 to x08 (or x07, on Concierge level) have a golf course view, i.e. face north. The surroundings are very quiet (no roads at all), so the only thing that may hear from outsiide is the golf course staff working on their bunkers. Else, if there are doors banging, it's inconsiderate guests to blame, not so much the hotel. That said, there is a certain inconsistancy in management's guest orientation, which we found easy to get straight,, though, by voicing our needs in a friendly and to-the-point way. - We'll be back, without doubt.

Otherwise, the hotel is standard full-service Marriott fare, has been around for a while but is kept up well. Rooms are good-sized but without mini-fridge (on demand only) and in-room safe, beds are excellent. Other features are fine as well (pool is small for a resort but well maintained, breakfast was always very good in the first floor restaurant yet only so-so in the Concierge lounge; service issue). A Publix and Walmart are very close by.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed December 6, 2010

I reviewed this hotel a few years ago and gave it pretty positive remarks for the most part. I used to live in the Coral Springs area and I usually stay in this hotel due to the proximity to all my friends in the area. I have stayed at this hotel at least twice a year for the past four years. Every time I go there is seems to get worse and worse. I was just there this past week and it's ashame to how the hotel is falling apart. This hotel is an upscale area but there is nothing upscale about this hotel. From trash all over the floor in the gym with three out of four treadmills not working to huge stains inside one of the elvevators, I don't know where to start. Also during my stay there was a hockey tournement so there where lots of kids at the hotel. The kids took total control of the hotel by running around in the hallways and also playing hockey in the hallways, with net and all!! When I approached the front desk about confronting the parents their response was that they didn't want to upset them. In other words, these guests were more important than the other guests who had nothing to do with this hockey tournement.

The Marriott coroporation needs to get down there and check out this property. The rooms are in desperate need of renovating and management needs to be replaced because they are turning this once nice hotel into a flee bag hotel.

Until this hotel is updated and management gets off the golf course and actually starts to manage this hotel, I would stay away, I know I am for now on!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cruisedave
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This was a nice escape from the congested and hectic areas that most Fort Lauderdale hotels are in..The golf course that surrounds hotel is gorgeous (I had great view).lobby has soaring atrium with water feature..Nice sun filled place to relax and read..Also has bar there..nice if you want a convenient late night cocktail....Check in was extremely quick and efficient..The front desk woman dialed me a few minutes after check in to ask how my room was..a nice customer service touch..but you never really know if everything is fine within two minutes of walking in a room..(like the scaffolding that was at roof level at check in time..but a few hours later when the crew left..partially blocking my golf course view)
Rooms are spacious enough..no fridge or microwave...carpet is looking worn and they still have old 27" tube TVs which need replacing...bed was comfortable..and bathroom was fine..water pressure was good..One bothersome thing in bath...having coffee set up on bath vanity..Hotel bath vanities are often small to begin with and that takes up too much space...Lots of free self-parking...but it is a hike from room to car..not many convenient doors from rooms to parking..Internet access is extra charge and beware..phone calls local or long distance are very expensive...Business center had 2 PC's and printers that worked well...Pool was bigger than most limited service hotels..but not very resort like...hot tub was not working too well..jets did not seem to work...Sauna was nice and worked well after heating up...Gym was good..treadmills worked well..and had screens on each machine..towels and water provided..but bring your own earphones..they had none..
My biggest problem was poor timing and location of my room...outside of hotel was being painted and scaffolding was parked outside my window first couple nites...and just after 7 a.m..I hear what sounded like loud thunder..The painters walking on metal roof right outside my room...not a pleasant way to wake up...but that should be long done by now...Overall this is okay for an old full service Marriott...it needs updating inside rooms..Also..if you do not know Fort Lauderdale area.be forewarned..unless you want to play lots of golf..have business near or friends/family close by that you are visiting..this hotel is a long way from anything touristy or beaches..and a very long drive from FLL airport...You can find nicer hotels closer into Fort Lauderdale for less money..A gentleman staying on concierge floor ...that I met and chatted with briefly in elevator was less than impressed with this hotel (other than the view) ...So take that under advisement...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I was just here for business, so I didn't use much of the fine facility (spectacular looking golf course, night driving range, very nice pool, and probably a whole lot more). I was pleased with this hotel... everything worked just like it should.

I thought this was a fine hotel. Plenty of parking. Great looking grounds. Quick and painless checkin. Clean room. Nice bath. Firm bed with plenty of good pillows. Internet which works (wasn't free, but you know that before you stay at a Marriott). .

I just didn't notice the noise everyone else wrote of. I was on the 5th floor overlooking the pool. It's not a soundproof hotel, but I really didn't find the noise bad at all. Perhaps it was a quiet night at the lobby bar!

I really have to go a long way to find anything bad about this hotel. I think it's very nice.I don't like paying for internet. And I don't like paper coffee cups (look, people, you have glass glasses so you have to do dishes anyway, so put some coffee cups in the room). And, some of the chrome on the towel rack was rusty.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while attending a friend's wedding held on premises. We had a discounted room rate b/c of the wedding going on, and for the price we payed I thought the hotel was excellent.

We landed in Ft. Lauderdale and rented a car. It took us about 25 minutes to drive to the hotel; even on a Friday at 5:30 which presumably is rush hour, the highways were pretty empty. Overall the property is beautiful, and despite construction going on along the main drive, it is very nice to walk/run outdoors. The building seems a tiny bit dated in terms of decor and colors in the public areas, but comfortable and clean. The rooms seem more updated than the hallways, etc. The foyer area is open with a center courtyard, bar and restaurant - this makes for lots of light and an airy feeling, but LOTS of echoed noise. The room was spacious - we had a king bed room on the 5th floor, and found it to be clean, appointed with contemporary linens and decor. The A/C worked well and was quiet. The bath was clean, spacious, and well-appointed with all the amenities you'd need. We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but did walk by both and saw that they were very nice. We used the business center to print boarding passes on our last day and found it well appointed. We enjoyed running outdoors one morning along Heron Bay Blvd. - nice, wide sidewalks and flat terrain, with well-manicured landscaping to enjoy along our run.

My only complaint about our stay is the noise, as is the case with other reviewers - it was VERY loud at night, with echoed conversations, chaos from down below, especially due to the wedding that we were attending and the influx of guests for it all conversing in the hallways. We ordered room service for breakfast one day, and it came surprisingly quickly, and was very tasty (albeit slightly expensive - but hey, it's room service).

My friend's wedding was beautiful. It was held on premises in the downstairs large ballroom area, and the staff and service seemed very good. They had outside caterers who handled food service and outside decorators as well who did an awesome job. But I think the bar and other wait staff, etc. worked for the hotel and did a great job. The one main concern is that during a wedding event, the card box on their gift table was stolen, likely b/c of the numerous greeting cards inside which sometimes contain gifts of cash or gift cards, etc. Can you believe it?! There's no way of knowing whether it was stolen by a random guest at the hotel, a staff person, or even a wedding guest, but in any case I thought it was incredibly unfortunate.

Anyway, overall we had a good stay here. I don't imagine we'd be going back anytime soon simply b/c we're not golfers and have no major reasons to go back to Coral Springs, Florida - but if we did, we'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Among the choices of hotels in Coral Springs (few), this was the most inviting. The others were unappealling, and seemed to be on a busy thoroughfare or in the middle of nowhere. The Marriott Coral Springs has a well-manicured, green lawn with palm trees and a golf course surrounding it. The drive up made a good first impression!

We stayed on the Concierge Level (7th/top floor), and our room was spacious and clean. It had a great balcony overlooking the golf course. Service on this level included breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvre at the concierge lounge (weekdays) . On the weekends, our stay included a delicious breakfast at the hotel restaurant with plenty of fresh fruit, hot choices cooked to order, and a courteous wait staff.

Overall, our room was quiet, but the room doors do slam hard if they are not held. They could fix this problem very simply with something to slow the door when it closes. I was glad to see signs near the elevators reminding guests of "Quiet Hours" after 10 p.m. My only other minor disappointment was that although we had requested a crib prior to our arrival, it took 3 separate calls to get it delivered from housekeeping. But this was not a big deal.

Our entire family was pleased with our hotel choice, and we will stay here again when visiting family in Coral Springs.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Coral Springs is west of pompano beach and north of ft. lauderdale, maybe 20 minutes by car or less by the sawgrass expressway (toll). It is a quiet residential city, but has all the amenities, shopping and food. You will need a car if you stay. The hotel is maybe 10 years old and is well equipped and is attached to their own convention centre and golf course.
Rooms charge $3.50 for starbucks coffee pouch (in room) and $10 day for high speed internet/unlimited calls to USA, and $5.00 day for a mini fridge in the room. The business centre and pool and sauna and excercise room are open 7/24 with your room card. Staff was great and helpful. Other people have complained about the noise from the open atrium, but not me. Our room had a 10+view of the golf course.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#23 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Price Range: $121 - $222 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs