“wonderful, excellent service and location”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Coral Springs is west of pompano beach and north of ft. lauderdale, maybe 20 minutes by car or less by the sawgrass expressway (toll). It is a quiet residential city, but has all the amenities, shopping and food. You will need a car if you stay. The hotel is maybe 10 years old and is well equipped and is attached to their own convention centre and golf course.
Rooms charge $3.50 for starbucks coffee pouch (in room) and $10 day for high speed internet/unlimited calls to USA, and $5.00 day for a mini fridge in the room. The business centre and pool and sauna and excercise room are open 7/24 with your room card. Staff was great and helpful. Other people have complained about the noise from the open atrium, but not me. Our room had a 10+view of the golf course.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank acmidas

Reviewed December 30, 2009

This was our second stay at this particular Marriott Hotel. We arrived on a Friday and departed on Sunday. Our room was a King room on the Concierge (top) floor with a balcony overlooking the golf course. The room was in great shape, well appointed and clean. Typical furnishings....TV amoire, 2 nightstands, L shaped desk with office chair, side chair & ottoman, ironing board & iron & coffee maker in the bathroom. Nice lamps with electrical outlets in the base for phone chargers etc. No flat panel TVs yet. On both occasions we stayed here, our room did not face the atrium. As a result the only noise we heard was the other guest room doors closing, typical at hotels. Service from the staff was acceptable. We were very comfortable at this property and would not hestitate to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Read all the other reviews and know that this is a Very Loud Hotel. Sound travels to all floors from the open Atrium Bar area. It's a nice looking hotel but it is very loud and the service is "It's not my problem" kind of attitude. Certainly a poor Marriott and Marriott Corporate needs to come in undercover to see what I and everyone else is talking about.

If you think you are going to get rest, you won't. It's too noisy from a busy, loud bar and the walls are thin. Doors slam all the through the night and I even asked for a quite area of the hotel. I was ever more dismayed at the lack of interest in my business. This hotel could care Less if I stayed with them or not.

This is one marriott that gets a POOR ranking from me. Significant improvement in service, attitude and noise level is needed. Are you reading Marriott?

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank JKRecord
Reviewed November 9, 2009

It was like trying to sleep in a prison cell block! The noise continued late into the evening, with the echoing from boisterous bar patrons downstairs echoing up to the top floors and people shouting to one another across the atrium. The housekeeping staff was sullen and downright rude, the restaurant understaffed and unorganized. There was not a newspaper to be had on Saturday or Sunday-- unheard of in a hotel! Their unconcerned, unapologetic excuse- "They don't deliver to us on the weekends." SO ASK FOR DELIVERY!!! Very poorly managed. Seems kind of adrift out there where they think no one's looking over their shoulders, which apparently is true. The handicapped room was equipped with a shower with a very dangerous design; it was impossible to avoid getting the floor very wet outside the shower, making the entire bathroom slippery, necessitating using our bathtowels to avoid an accident. First and last stay for me.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The good news is, we only stayed one night in room 411. Have stayed at the same hotel several times over the past two plus years. Last time we stayed there we had a top floor room with a balcony, overlooking a wide expanse of beautiful buildings, palms and the wetlands. This time we were given a den on the 4th floor it was literaly a roof top view, meaning pipes and various items that sit on a shabby black flat roof. Seems somebody could put some astro turf down with a bolted down table for two and a couple of benches to make it a bit softer on the eye. When you get the senior discount, no breakfast for you! There was a spot for a microwave and mini refrigerator, but they were not included either. The coffee pot did not function correctly. The topper was when at 7:10 in the morning the front desk sent a gentleman up to get luggage from some room, but he chose ours to knock on like a bill collector. We could not shower and leave fast enough. Will sleep on an air mattress at my daughters Heron Bay home next visit.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EuniceFaye
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Much the same as other reviews. Very loud with slamming doors and bar noise late into the night.

We had requested feather-free. Were told at check-in feather free. After a long drive, and flopping for a few minutes, it was quickly apparent that the room was not feather free, as I started coughing & stuffing up almost immediately. Called for pillows, etc. Waited awhile, but not too long.

Noticed on our way to our room that our neighbor had Olive Garden take-out. It was still there the next morning, sitting on the floor in the hall.

Never got our wake-up call the second morning. Ended up running like loons to meet up with everyone, so didn't check out. I did call later, with the above comments & concerns, and was assured the manager would call me. 5 days later I have not received a call.

Service was inefficient at best. The no feather thing caused us a lot of grief with haywire allergies for most of the weekend. The trash in the hallway is not acceptable at a property with the name Marriott attached. The missed wake-up call was a huge inconvenience, as well. Room was fine.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TiginPalmetto
Reviewed August 11, 2008

This hotel is pretty and has beautifully landscaped grounds, but I found the noise and lack of attention to detail by staff to be very disappointing.

I chose this hotel for its proximity to my sister's house in Parkland and we stayed for a family reunion. Check in on Thursday night went smoothly and we were pleased with the attractive lobby and room. The bed was fairly comfortable. although the pillows were very uncomfortable and I actually developed a stiff neck after sleeping on them for two nights.

Problems started the next morning. Many of these were minor, but it was the fact that they kept occurring, and that there was little in the way of apology or effort to make up for them, that was so annoying. We ordered breakfast from room service, and they forgot to include the bananas with our oatmeal. We came back later in the day to discover that the room had been cleaned, but the housekeeping staff had taken all of our washcloths and neglected to replace them. They had also failed to replace the free coffee that we used that morning.

Saturday morning, we again ordered room service and again they forgot several items. For example, I ordered toast but no jelly or jam was provided, although it had come with the meal the day before. We tried calling to ask for the forgotten items, but no one answered even though we let the phone ring about 20 times.

We were out of our room from 9am to 3pm, and when we came back at 3 to nap, found that the room had not been cleaned and the breakfast tray was still sitting on our table. The housekeepers tried to clean the room while we were trying to sleep and we asked them to come back later. We left again around 5:30 pm and were gone until 10pm, and we came back to find that the room still had not been cleaned, and our breakfast tray was still present. At that point I called the front desk to complain about the lack of service and the fact that the coffee and washcloths were not replaced the day before. I did not even receive an apology from the person at the front desk for leaving our room uncleaned and our breakfast tray sitting out all day--she just said, "So you want the tray taken and some towels and coffee?" She did not even offer to have someone clean the room for us. By the way, there was a stain on the carpet that looked like it was from a melted chocolate (with a blob of chocolate still sitting on it) that was present throughout our entire stay.

Later that night, around 11pm, a wedding reception on premises concluded, and a large number of guests from the wedding congregated at the bar in the atrium. The lobby is basically a large glass atrium which functions like an echo chamber, and most of the rooms are arranged around the atrium. There was a lot of yelling and screaming going on from drunk wedding guests partying in the lobby, which sounded like it was just outside of my door even though we were up on the 6th floor. I called the front desk at 11:30 to complain and they said they'd send security out, and that the hotel bar closed at 12am. Well, an hour later the shrieks were still reverberating in the atrium. I called the front desk again and was told that they had already asked the guests to quiet down several times, which led me to believe that I was not the only one who had complained. Still, they essentially allowed a party to go on right outside everyone's doors until almost 1am, despite their hallway signage requesting guests to respect "quiet time" between 10pm and 7am. Obviously they are aware of the noise problem in the hotel if they put those signs up, but are not willing to enforce their policy by asking noisy guests to go somewhere else, even at midnight.

Sunday morning we swam in the pool and got in the hot tub, and I did think the pool and hot tub were nice. I also liked the fact that they provided towels at the pool, although the towels were very small.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are a lot of hotels in the Coral Springs/Parkland area, so this Marriott may be the best around, but if I had any viable alternatives I wouldn't go back. If I do stay there again, I will ask for one of the few rooms not on the atrium, because the noise is really bad.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
#25 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr
Comfort Suites Sawgrass

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Price Range: $152 - $275 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs