“Nice quiet resort in beautiful surroundings”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Nice quiet resort in beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here briefly during an international relocation. Easy access and free parking. It gave us quiet nights and opportunities to get some well needed rest after staying in some other area hotels that were less enjoyable.

Room Tip: Resort often has events so ask for a quiet room during weekends when weddings are often held,
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am staying here for business and new to the area. Linda at the front desk is awesome and a wealth of information! The hotel is great and very relaxing with a beautiful golf course and wonderful views.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you come back and see us again soon.
Eastsound, Washington
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Check in was fast and easy with the superlative assistance of Anthony McBride. We were part of a wedding party and he was able to assign us rooms that were very close to one another. We also asked him for a small refrigerator and microwave which appeared moments after we entered our room. Our room was well appointed and clean. The hotel had a large pool, decent workout room, lobby bar and restaurant. The restaurant was pricey and the food slow to arrive. Typical of this type of establishment. No surprise there. The biggest downside was the charge for in room wifi. Free wifi was available in the lobby. Checkout was fast and easy. Our thanks once again to Anthony McBride and his excellent service.

Room Tip: Golf course view rooms are preferred.
Green Features: Just the use our towels with the environment in mind. Lots of styrofoam and one use items with no recycle bins available to my knowledge.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. Anthony is an exceptional manager and I am not surprised to see that you enjoyed your interaction with him. We hope you come back and see us again soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I've stayed at this Marriott many times in the past and decided it was time to review it. As far as Marriott's go, this is one of the more consistent properties to carry the Marriott name. There are times it shows the traditional image of a country club centric Marriott and at other times, it has a hint of the wild side of a Renaissance. All in all, a good balance.

I checked in the evening of May 20th for 1 night. My room on the 6th floor this past week was immaculate. The special requests from my Marriott elite profile were waiting in my room and the room itself had a magnificent view of the golf course. The concierge lounge was well stocked and managed both in the evening for snacks and in the morning for breakfast. Everything went as it was supposed to and as a frequent Marriott guest, I was very satisfied and can easily recommend this hotel. The property, staff, and service are everything you would hope and expect from a Marriott. My only issue with this property is the parking.

The bill I received under my door in the morning indicated a $5.30 charge for parking. As I've said, I've stayed here many times and never had a parking fee. When I inquired about it over the phone from my room, the person I talked with referred me to the GM, who was at the front desk. Since I was checking out in just a few minutes, I went to the front desk to inquire about the fee. The agent at the desk said t the GM stepped away, however she could help me, continuing on to explain that the company who owned the property implemented the fee a few months ago and it applies to all overnight guests. We chatted about it and I very directly asked her to remove the charge, as I found it to be completely absurd. She agreed to do it this one time, but admonished me, noting that they would not remove the charge for future visits. The parking charge at this property is completely absurd and unnecessary because:

1, No other hotel in the area charges for parking. None. Not one. The Marriott on Andrews Avenue in Ft. Lauderdale even provides free garage covered parking. The Renaissance in Boca Raton has garage covered available next door too, also free.

2. There is no value gained for the guest to have a parking charge. I just left Washington DC and paid 30 per night to park, which got me secure covered parking and assurances that the garage was patrolled by security. Parking at this hotel is wide open, like parking at the grocery store or mall. There's no gate, no security, no covering, key access, or anything that would justify a parking fee. I don't mind paying for parking if f receive value, but there is none in this instance.

3. No one ever asked if I had a vehicle when I checked in. There are also no signs inside indicating a parking fee, outside of the valet option.

4. Parking fees are selective. Day guests don't pay to park and neither do visitors using the convention services, but overnight guests have to pay. My point here is that you have visitors to your property coming and going all day long and most are cost neutral, meaning they don't spend any money, as they are picking people up or attending a meeting. However overnight guests, who are already spending money are the ones tagged with the extra fee. If you're going to charge for parking, it should be universal.

5. If the parking fee is to help bolster REVPAR (revenue per night), just tack the extra $5.30 on to the room rate as part of the rate and not a separate line item. If my room is $100 a night and it's at a property I like in an area that is ideal, I'll still stay with you if the rate is $105 and includes parking.

The parking fee at this property is silly, a nuisance, and absurd. All it does is create an annoyance to the guest.

This is a great hotel and really provides great service. It's worth the money and although $5.30 per night to park isn't going to bankrupt me, the new parking fee does not provide any added value to the guest and makes me feel like I'm being nickled and dimed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank David G
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the $5.00 nightly parking fee frustrated you.
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

So I am actually an associate of Marriott but at another property and was down for the weekend and loved our stay! Being in the industry you tend to look at things around the hotel maybe a little more than others might to find the good and the bad but I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival when we were greeted by Alexandra at the front desk who was more than helpful and very sweet, a true asset to the company! Another individual that stood out to us was Rob in links, he was polite and on top of his game...
All in all everything was good, the pool definitely could have used some attention cleaning but it wasn't terrible, I would recommend this place to any family or golf enthusiast.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for the kind words, especially about Alex and Rob. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We especially enjoyed Linda , who was incredibly pleasant and accommodating . Nice hotel , good restaurant . All around, a very positive experience ! The location is very convenient and the staff accommodating and friendly .

• Stayed May 2014
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. Linda does an exceptional job and we are lucky to have her. We hope you come back and visit again soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My friends and I stayed at your hotel while visiting from Orlando to attend a Lady Gaga artRave. Rasheeda, and the entire front desk staff greeted us with a lavish welcome, and gave us exceptional service throughout our stay. The room was immaculately kept, the pool was clean and refreshing. We loved that there was a phone by the pool to order drinks! Also, your Paella is delicious and memorable. Thank you for helping have the best mini-vacation ever!!!!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are better for enjoying the FL sunshine =)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TimmyVegas
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your mini-vacation at our resort. We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#19 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs