“Fantastic Hotel, Fantastic Staff”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Forest Hills, New York
“Fantastic Hotel, Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had the pleasure of working with Rasheeda at the front desk the moment I arrived to when I departed. She was engaging, personable, and had a mastery knowledge of the hotel and area, and she admitted she started only a couple of weeks beforehand: you never would have known. She could not have been any more pleasant or customer service oriented if she tried - she personifies hospitality. I am glad she was the face of the Marriott for my stay.

The Marriott itself is an absolute winner - very clean and comfortable rooms and grounds, and convenient to all. When I'm back in the area, I will be absolutely sure to make the Marriott Coral Springs my hotel of choice.

Well done, Marriott Coral Springs. And well done, and thank you, Rasheeda.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Rasheeda and the Hotel. There is nothing more exciting than reading positive comments from one of our guests about their stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had a long term stay during this past winter. The staff, especially Alex at the front desk, mark, the chef, Beverly, the restaurant manager, and her assistant Debbie, Santana and the Bell and Bar staff were fantastic. The pool was great but could use larger towels. Room was nice, if you want a quiet one stay off the ones located directly on the atrium. Views from the balcony were beautiful. Will be back again. Thanks!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vanessaeb
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I love to see our Hosts mentioned in verbatims. We hope you come and visit us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here one night pre cruise. I actually had a reservation at the Courtyard in Coral Springs, but upon arriving there, I did not like the looks of it and went online and found the Marriot Coral Springs Golf Resort. The price was more than I wanted to pay, but I was in a bind. I arrived without a reservation and told my story to the clerk, who informed me he could give me the local rate of $149 which was $50 cheaper then what was advertised. I took it. I had a beautiful room overlooking the gold course. I went and lounged by the pool, which was very nice and ordered lunch at the poool, which was tasty and reasonably priced.

The only problem I encountered was there was some sort of kids group at the hotel and they were running the halls at all hours of the night. I called down to the desk twice after being awakened in the middle of the night and security came up and dealt with them,. It finally did calm down at 3 am. I slept a little later and went down to check out and without my asking, the clerk apologized for the inconvenience last night and said that she adjusted my room rate to $99. She said it didn't make up for the inconvenience, but hoped it would help.

I am going back to Ft. Lauderdale, on anoter cruise next month and I plan on staying here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rwf1538
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again next month.
Guelph
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter and her gymnastics team in late January. We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and had a great experience! Staff were friendly and helpful and rooms were quiet, clean and spacious. We ate a few times at the on-site restaurant and really enjoyed the food. The pool area was nice and the golf seemed to be a good deal. The hotel was well situated to all amenities and we were able to get around fairly easily without a car. The gymnastics competition was nearby and the team felt that this hotel would be a good choice to return to for next time.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of the hall on the 5th floor and it was very quiet and secluded
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Claire M
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We enjoyed ourselves very much on our visit thanks to your staff and the warm weather didn't hurt either. The room was perfect with no hassles or problems at all. It was just the relaxation we needed. Adrienne and Mike gave us a couple of great restaurants to eat at along with maps that they googled out for us. They went beyond their means and that says something about a business. Will definitely be back. Thank you for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted to hear that Adrienne and Michael helped make your stay more enjoyable. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had to be in Coral Springs for a business deal for most of the month of February. I spent 19 nights at this hotel during the month. The GM Justin was a big help in making sure not only my stay was handled but all the other folks traveling for this deal. I had absolutely no issues with staff or the amenities at the hotel. I would be remiss not to point out a couple of the staffers that made me feel welcome and at home. Adrienne, one of the bar tenders, was very professional and attentive while I was enjoying a game or just winding down after my long day at the office. Michael, which worked some at the bar and some in the restaurant was always friendly and spoke when he saw me. I will be back in March to finish up the deal and I look forward to my stay and any time I need a place in Coral Springs this will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Golf Course.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the kind words and feedback. We appreciate your recognizing our team and their hard work. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Our stay here was a shame, since this hotel is adjacent to a very nice golf course and the views from some of the rooms are just phenomenal. However, the structure of this hotel, makes sleep next to impossible, and, overall, I would NOT recommend this property.

We booked here because my husband and some friends wanted to play the lovely Heron Bay golf course. You do get a lower rate if you stay at the Marriott and make a reservation at Heron Bay, so that part worked well. The golf outing was really fun for my husband and his friends, so that was a major plus. We also enjoyed the service at the hotel lobby bar, the bartender was friendly and attentive.

However, it is in the hotel lobby bar, where the majority of the problems with this property originate. The Lobby Bar is located in the direct center of the lobby, and any noise emanating from this space travels STRAIGHT UP. We were fortunate (thanks to the fabulous Linda at check-in) to get a room on the concierge floor. We thought surely we would be in for a good night's sleep. We were wrong. The lobby bar is, understandably, a gathering place for many patrons of the hotel. Just a small noise in that space, travels up through the entire mid-section of the hotel and everything can be heard, even in our room 7 floors up! Even the 'background music' that the bar staff plays during non-busy times at the lobby bar can CLEARLY be heard 7 floors up. Needless to say, we didn't sleep very well either of the two nights we were there. I don't blame the people 'hanging out' at the bar. I blame ownership for not MOVING the loudest part of the hotel from the dead center of the property.

An entire renovation of this place would serve Marriott well. The place just looks and feels old and well worn. Maybe they can re-do everything when they MOVE the bar (ha.) I must say that I did fill out a Marriott survey, and I was contacted via email by the general manager who apologized for the bar noise. He did admit it was a on-going issue that they are trying to get a handle on this problem. I sure hope they do. This place could (potentially) be a really great place to stay.

For now, I will say, if you can sleep through just about any noise, this property is otherwise ok. However, if you don't want to hear about every bar patron's golf outing memories, all night long, book elsewhere!!

Room Tip: Golf views are phenomenal from some rooms, but choosing a room that is NOT near the central atrium a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roadtripper_fl
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thanks again for your feedback. As I mentioned in my email to you last week we are renovating the hotel this summer and will make improvements to the bar area. Please come back and see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#18 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs