Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Location, Good Golfing!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here on business with a number of colleagues at a conference. The place is about an hour from Miami airport. Staff are very friendly. Place is clean. Rooms are well presented, spacious with TV, iron, etc. I had a balcony view over looking the golf course which was really nice. Food here is good. My only complaint was my room was noisy during the night as it was close to the vending machine. We played some golf on the adjoining Heron Bay golf club, which was fantastic. Again, the staff were very friendly and helpful. All round a great place to hold a conference, or just stay for a golfing holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We really enjoyed having your conference here. I apologize for the noise issues. A quick tip for future reference is to check into Ft. Lauderdale airport, only 30 minutes from hotel with easy access. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a reservation which was prepaid and guaranteed.We got to the hotel and our room was given away and hotel full due to cancelled airline flights, Excuse me.. walk ins should be told they have no room when they have a paid for reservation for the room. We stay there every 3 months when we come into town for business so we had a relationship with the hotel. Will think twice about using a marriott in the future,.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry we did not have accommodations for you. Please contact me directly the next time you are in town so that I can do something nice for you and make sure this does not happen again.
Daniel Island, South Carolina
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here for a business meeting. I was scheduled for two nights, but checked out after the first night. This property is way too expensive for what you get. Abysmal internet service (for $9.50). When I commented to the desk clerk, she agreed, noting that the internet service in the lobby was bad as well.

Come on folks, it's 2014. If you can't give your customers reliable high-speed internet, you're out of the game. You lost me as a customer.

When I drove up to check in, no one was around to say welcome, can I help you with your luggage, here's how and where to park your car. Nothing, no one. Seems kinda blasé for $250/night.

Oh -- and zero recognition of my Marriott Rewards status at check-in.

Sorry, not the place for me.

And I got a message on my phone enabling me to check in remotely, but that didn't seem to work.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the lack of customer service during your stay and will use this as a teachable moment to the team. Although we do meet the Marriott standard requirements for internet, we are upgrading the system this summer in an effort to make it even better. I am sorry to hear you will not be back due to these issues. Should you decide to give us another chance please contact me directly.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife an I stayed at the hotel for two weeks in January. We received a reduced rate for our stay through Marriott reservations. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly, the service was excellent, the rooms were very nice and the restaurant food was delicious (a very good breakfast buffet). The hotel is conveniently located near Fort Lauderdale and the coastal towns (Del Ray Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, etc.). For the golfers, the course (Heron Bay) is a short walk from the hotel. I shipped my clubs to the pro shop and they were waiting for me when we arrived. A well designed track in very good condition. If you are looking for a nice, friendly place to stay, we recommend this Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful grounds. We hope you come back and see us again soon.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 5, 2014

It was a nice hotel, staff I don't think was as friendly as the other Marriott i stayed at. the bed was uncomfortable though...it hurt my back a little and it was even worse for my boyfriend who actually went and got a back brace just in case that is how bad it was for him. it was a spacious room, was a little disappointed that there was no mini fridge and you have to pay 5.00 bucks for parking. the pool area was nice and the lobby was clean and a nice little place to have a few drinks. we ate in the restaurant there which was pretty good as well for dinner. i probably would not stay here again if i was going with my boyfriend because of the bed issue...if i was traveling without him then i may!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. I am sorry to hear that you thought the bed was uncomfortable. Since I do not have your last name, please let me know the room number and I will look into it.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

"could have been a winner"..great potential, but poor customer service. As a gold Marriott rewards member, you would have thought our room by 5:30 pm would have been ready. Nope...it was not.
Their consolation was Free parking in their huge parking lot, which they recently decided to charge $5. for, so ridiculous, it's insulting. I have been there many times before and the lot was always free.
When I finally got my room, it was fine, nothing special, but I got a golf course view.
It's unfortunate that there is no longer a relationship to the golf course, Heron Bay, next door. I was able to get a less expensive tee time on line, than through the hotel.
This hotel should really find someone who has a mind for strategy to figure out where they are going....and also review their staff training.,
Sorry, I"m usually not so unreasonable, but this place just did not have it together.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. We have a great partnership with the golf course and our guests get special rates to play the golf course as well as discounts at the golf academy. Guests can also charge items from the golf course in pro-shop, restaurant and lounge to their guest room bills. The staff here is trained daily and it shows in our Marriott Quality score of 93.3%. I am sorry you did not enjoy the hotel during your visit and we will use your feedback to improve.
Mts of western NC
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Outside of a few issues this property is outstanding. The most impressive is the staff. Treated us like royalty and rates with the best of any place in our 37 years of travel. The lobby area is quite inviting. The room was very good, clean and had a large HD television. Our upper floor room also had a nice view of the golf course. We couldn't believe we could stay at this place at a AAA rate of $99 per night. Must have been a slow week. Never hurts to check it out. Our few issues involved a very noisy a/c unit. We thought someone was constantly using the bathroom in the next room until we realized it was the a/c. Fortunately we could turn it off with a very cool night outside. The other negative is the distance to the regular free parking lot. They charge $5 for a temporary spot or $10 for valet if you pull in front of the motel. When on a budget, this is no good. Be warned. Feel free to ask for a luggage cart though. They keep them in a locked closet. Ultra friendly in getting you one but they prefer everyone use the staff. Hey, this is minor stuff. We would be back in a heartbeat. Also, for those that want to be near the beaches, be aware that this property is not near the coast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and the kind words. Although the beach is 11 miles away you can find plenty of sand on our golf course and its 105 bunkers. We hope you come back and see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#19 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs