Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbury, CT
“great summertime golf package”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love this hotel. Rooms are spacious and the bed is comfortable. I'm writing about their summertime golf deal. First of all, the golf course is fair and tough. Lots of bunkers everywhere. The greens are smooth and reasonably fast and much better than I expected for the summer. GPS in the carts. From now till October the Pro Shop is offering "profusion golf coupons". You pay the normal rate (I think it is $40 in the AM, $26 after 1:30PM or $19 after 3:30PM) and for $6.95 more you get: all the golf you can play, all the range balls you can hit (small bucket is normally $5), LUNCH (max $10 credit), and a 2 for 1 drink coupon. I don't know how they do it but it's a great offer. If you want to play golf, this is a great place. If you want to go to the beach, go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and for being advocate of our golf deals. We are glad you enjoyed and hope you return down the road. Please let me know if I can ever assist.

Thanks again - Justin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Been hosting an annual function for about 200 for three years in a row now. This hotel is one of kind in Coral Springs and knows how to treat a customer, both corporate and leisure. The sales staff makes this event what it is for us, working with us to accomplish our goals by thinking ahead for us and helping up plan a worry free event. The physical property is in great condition and everyone gets a great nights sleep, great beds! Food quality and service is great, just as you would expect from a Marriott brand hotel. The Director of Sales and our Event Manager at this hotel serve us personally like we're family, one of the reasons we have grown so comfortable with them and return annually without shopping around. I definitely recommend you check this hotel out for personal or business when visiting Coral Springs our the greater Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. I will share your comments with the team here. We look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can ever assist.

Long island, New York
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. Beds were comfy, golf was great and Sunday buffet was very good. But the price is high considering there is really nothing in the area. They also charge for Internet which most marriotts do not. Not sure i would stay here again because they were not very accommodating about late check out.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the late check out challanges. If you return let me know in advance so I can handle for you.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice property, spacious rooms. Beautiful golf course. Good option for large groups and business meetings. Convenient to coconut creek casino. About 20 minutes to Deerfield beach. Good shopping and dining all within 15 minutes. Staff is very friendly and service was excellent. Decent buffet breakfast available. Does have a private concierge floor with lounge that is only open during the week and ideal for the business traveler

Room Tip: We loved the 2 room suite. However the standard room on the concierge level did have sofa desk and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks your for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know the next time your travels bring you down this way.

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Florida is very hot and this hotel is very poorly air-conditioned. It is fixed to turn off when you leave. Even with the thermostat turned all of the way down room is never below 78 degrees. Also a huge group, and I mean hundreds, of teens are her for a youth conference. For the most part well behaved but te chaperons are worthless. During a room check around 11:30 p.m. they go up and down the halls banging on the doors as loud as they can. They actually banged on my door, then said I was on there list of rooms to check. I assured them that I was not a teenager and part of their group and to kindly leave. The chaperon went ballistic and said "Do you see this badge around my neck? That's all the excuse I need to check this room!" I kindly told her where I would put that badge if she didn't leave then I call the front desk. They are worthless. So I went back to bed. 6 times during the night they pranked me by banging on my door and running. Had to wait for 30 minutes just for an elevator and both washing machines were broken. I travel for a living and have for years and this is by far the worst I have ever experienced. Both bars and the restaurant hours have been altered to accommodate the youth group. I must say though that some of the staff have been awesome for general staffing issues but unwilling to help at all when it comes to this group. Actually saw a heard of them texting and walking and knocked an elderly woman right off of the side walk. They pretended not to speak English, laughed and kept walking. Poor crowd control Marriott. My company will be in this area through the end of the year and you will no longer get our business.

Room Tip: Bring a fan if you want your room to be cool in the middle of the sweltering Florida summer
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cowboibabyy
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and your great feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback will help us do do. Anytime we have large groups of children in we plan on extra security and try to take all measures to ensure that all enjoy there experience. I apologize that they were disruptive and there were long waits for the elevator. I can ensure this is not a common occurance here but we do like to take differant types of groups and enjoy when all can experience the Marriott culture.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel staff was outstanding. The breakfast bar was really good. The beds were comfortable. However, for the price I paid, I expected breakfast and I expected not to have to pay for the internet. Internet, in the room, was $9.95 per day. We stayed because my son was getting married in this hotel and it was convenient for everyone. But, I would find another if on my own. (I don't play golf!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not exceptional. We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback will help us.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I had never stayed at this property, but it looked beautiful from the outside. The inside was less than impressive. Front desk didn't have the requested room ready at check in and offered a completely different room as a concession. That offer was declined and I choose to wait to check in until the room I asked for was ready. They assured me they would call when it was available. They did call...at 8pm. The room was ok...doors, baseboards are dirty or stained. Bed was comfortable and we had a nice view of the golf course. There is no onsite coffee shop and only one restaurant available. Pool and gym were small and the pool chairs were old and cracked. Overall, won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I am sorry to here about your challanges on Sunday. I was here that day and am aware that some rooms waited longer than they should have to check in due to some rare circumstances we did everything in our power to prevent. I want to apologize for that and although you mentioned never wanting to stay here again, if you do change your mind please reach out to me directly so I can do soemthing nice for you. This was an isolated occurance and I promise you it would not happen again. Either way we appreciate your feedback and business. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#19 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs