Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Not impressed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I had never stayed at this property, but it looked beautiful from the outside. The inside was less than impressive. Front desk didn't have the requested room ready at check in and offered a completely different room as a concession. That offer was declined and I choose to wait to check in until the room I asked for was ready. They assured me they would call when it was available. They did call...at 8pm. The room was ok...doors, baseboards are dirty or stained. Bed was comfortable and we had a nice view of the golf course. There is no onsite coffee shop and only one restaurant available. Pool and gym were small and the pool chairs were old and cracked. Overall, won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I am sorry to here about your challanges on Sunday. I was here that day and am aware that some rooms waited longer than they should have to check in due to some rare circumstances we did everything in our power to prevent. I want to apologize for that and although you mentioned never wanting to stay here again, if you do change your mind please reach out to me directly so I can do soemthing nice for you. This was an isolated occurance and I promise you it would not happen again. Either way we appreciate your feedback and business. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations.

Justin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Hebrew first
Long Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I got a wonderful deal for this hotel. It was beautiful,clean and the beds were like a little piece of heaven. The staff was accommodating and very friendly. We ordered room service and the food was delicious! However...I read the reviews about the noise in the atrium. When we checked in, I inquired about events during our stay. There was a wedding and a Bar Mitzvah. Luckily, we got a corner room so the noise didn't wake us. I was up from 12:30-2:30AM with a sick child and I could hear guests in the bar acting totally inappropriately. No one seemed to be stopping them. It HAD to be a nightmare for the rooms surrounding the atrium. Then there was the pool...My son was dying to go swimming and as soon as the weather permitted, we went to the pool. There was a large family already set up in the cabanas with their own beer and liquor. They seemed nice enough and even chatted with us saying that they (the people we spoke with) weren't even staying at the hotel. Maybe others in the party were...My husband predicted that once all the liquor started flowing the "nice people" would change and was he right! They took all the towels and tied them into a volleyball net and thereby took over the entire pool. They were loud and obnoxious. Again, I saw no one from the management trying to control the situation. From our balcony overlooking the pool, we could see two other families that arrived and immediately turned around when they saw this crowd of about 20 people. WHERE WAS THE MANAGEMENT? It is a shame because everything else in the hotel was top notch. They have to stop being afraid of controlling the minority of their guests or they will lose the majority!

Room Tip: Do not take a room around the atrium!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jdsmother
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am sorry to hear about the challanges you dealt with during your stay. I will speak to our manager on duty to see why this was not dealt with in a better manner. Our pool area and cabanas are very popular amenities and can assure you that this is not a common occurance here. If you have any plans to travel down this way again please let me know so we can do soemthing nice for you. Thanks for your feedback.

Ann Arbor, Michigan. USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Spring Hotel is the best. My wife we needed a special room since my wife is a polio survivor. The staff and the hotel are great. Beautiful setting! We definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 316 if you have physical challenges.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TBeckett
Thank you for staying with us and your kind words. I will pass this along to the staff. We hope to see you again soon.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'd like to begin with special recognition of the exceptionally high standard of service we received at this hotel. My reservation for this stay was made using my Marriott Rewards points for two evenings. For some reason, there was an issue in the billing system and my second night disappeared sometime between check-in and the following morning. I went to the front desk, finding my room key did not work, and they quickly and courteously investigated and resolved the problem. I spent no more than 5 minutes at the desk and was able to stay in the same room with no hassle.

The hotel itself is excellent. It is clean and well maintained located in a golf community in quiet Coral Springs just off a primary expressway that leads North towards Boca and South into the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. It took us roughly 30 minutes to reach central Ft Lauderdale and about 20 minutes to reach beach access in Pompano Beach.

The hotel features all the amenities you'd expect from a standard Marriott including room service, a nice hotel bar, pool, exercise room, business center, and well decorated nicely maintained rooms and lobby areas.

I have nothing but positive things to say and we will continue to frequent this particular location for all our needs in the Ft Lauderdale area going forward.

Room Tip: Banquet halls are beneath second floor rooms so a higher room will be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt1983
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your business and the great feedback. I will share with the team here. Please let me know the next time you are in town, would love to meet you.

954 227-4119
justin.nels@jqh.com
Tilburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

One thing we surely love and always expect from the Marriott chain and brand hotels is the excellent costumer service and professional attitude from the staff. Once more staying at this Marriott property did not let us down. My sister and I came late in the evening and we were welcomed by a great staff. What I liked was that the staff was in same age-category as us (late 20's) but treated us like any other guest. Thumbs up for their professionalism and being down to earth. (if it give any help we checked in on Monday May 13th at 10:30pm) Guess we were lucky since we had no trouble at all with noise! In matter of fact hotel was very quiet during our stay. Our room was the corner with a lovely balcony overlooking the golf-course. My sister was very happy that the sauna was 24h open and could used it middle of the night. The fitness area was during this trip the most equipped one we had. Did a proper workout session. The pool and jacuzzi was very much appreciated. Great way to relax on our last day of our Holiday. Room was large, spacious and clean. Love that they use Bath & Bodyworks amenities. Can't fault the hotel! Location is bit far away from downtown Fort Lauderdale and the Airport (30min driving non-toll roads). But if you do your research it will not be a surprise. They are many different places to grab a bite to eat and a Publix close by the hotel. We had a rental-car so distance was not an issue. Finding the hotel was also not a problem at all. Checking out was smooth and again by a friendly staff. We ask if we could stay an hour longer in our room (check out time is 12:00pm) and it was no problem and free of charge! All in all thank you for a wonderful and relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Corner room are quiet and I think with all corners have Balcony!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank advensyker
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Please let me know if I can ever assist.

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel and golf course here are very nice. The problem with this hotel is that the majority of the rooms surround the Atrium bar and you will not get a good nights sleep. We were there while a large wedding reception was going on and we were awake until around 2 AM with all the partying going on. The manager instructed us to ask for a 'quiet' room the next time which are the rooms in the corridors of the hotel. If you book a room here, bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the corridor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear about the noise challanges. We are renovating the bar and atrium this summer to hopefully alleviate these issues. Please contact me directly the next time you nare in towna dn I will personally block you in a nice, quiet room.

Thanks for staying with us - Justin
Lake Worth, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We've never reviewed anything here on Tripadvisor before but after our experience at this hotel we want to warn others about this place.
We were there for as part of a group that bought out the entire hotel. The hotel itself is fairly nice. The only real complaint about the hotel itself is that the doors to the rooms slam very loudly if you don't hold onto them when closing them. We were woke up several times by this. Most of our interactions with the employees were good, but the management of this hotel is absolutely terrible. Part of the group takeover of the hotel was supposed to be a prime rib dinner. We entered the dining room, got our plates, some salad and got in line for some prime rib. They ran out with at least 50 people still in front of us. So we sat back down and waited for more meat to come out. While we were waiting I went to the bar and paid $20 (including tip) for some drinks. They told us that more meat was now available so we went to get a plate for our meat and they were now out of plates. So we waited for plates. Once we had our plates we then got in line for the prime rib. They ran out again!! So they told us to go to the other carving station outside. When we did we found people complaining that the prime rib was not only not done but also cold. A staff member checked the meat and took it away. So again we went back to our table without prime rib and now found that the wait staff had taken our $20 drinks while we were away!! Nothing was offered to the many guests that never received their meal that night and were forced to go off site for their dinner.

We have run into this kind of incompetence and indifference by management in places like Jamaica but at the Marriot you'd expect much better than this. They may be able to handle a very small dinner crowd but don't ever expect them to serve a large convention or large group of people. If you need to find a hotel for your business convention and need to provide food for the attendees, do yourself a big favor and go elsewhere. Management here will NOT work with you.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry your experience with us did not exceed your expectations. We have addressed the challanges you faced with our team and the meeting planner and you can be sure this will not happen again. Hopefully you will give us another chance down the road.

Thanks for staying with us - Justin
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#17 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,321 reviews

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd., Coral Springs, FL 33076 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs