“Another lovely stay at a Marriott-brand hotel!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 18, 2013

One thing we surely love and always expect from the Marriott chain and brand hotels is the excellent costumer service and professional attitude from the staff. Once more staying at this Marriott property did not let us down. My sister and I came late in the evening and we were welcomed by a great staff. What I liked was that the staff was in same age-category as us (late 20's) but treated us like any other guest. Thumbs up for their professionalism and being down to earth. (if it give any help we checked in on Monday May 13th at 10:30pm) Guess we were lucky since we had no trouble at all with noise! In matter of fact hotel was very quiet during our stay. Our room was the corner with a lovely balcony overlooking the golf-course. My sister was very happy that the sauna was 24h open and could used it middle of the night. The fitness area was during this trip the most equipped one we had. Did a proper workout session. The pool and jacuzzi was very much appreciated. Great way to relax on our last day of our Holiday. Room was large, spacious and clean. Love that they use Bath & Bodyworks amenities. Can't fault the hotel! Location is bit far away from downtown Fort Lauderdale and the Airport (30min driving non-toll roads). But if you do your research it will not be a surprise. They are many different places to grab a bite to eat and a Publix close by the hotel. We had a rental-car so distance was not an issue. Finding the hotel was also not a problem at all. Checking out was smooth and again by a friendly staff. We ask if we could stay an hour longer in our room (check out time is 12:00pm) and it was no problem and free of charge! All in all thank you for a wonderful and relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Corner room are quiet and I think with all corners have Balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank advensyker
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Please let me know if I can ever assist.

Justin

There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel and golf course here are very nice. The problem with this hotel is that the majority of the rooms surround the Atrium bar and you will not get a good nights sleep. We were there while a large wedding reception was going on and we were awake until around 2 AM with all the partying going on. The manager instructed us to ask for a 'quiet' room the next time which are the rooms in the corridors of the hotel. If you book a room here, bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the corridor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear about the noise challanges. We are renovating the bar and atrium this summer to hopefully alleviate these issues. Please contact me directly the next time you nare in towna dn I will personally block you in a nice, quiet room.

Thanks for staying with us - Justin

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We've never reviewed anything here on Tripadvisor before but after our experience at this hotel we want to warn others about this place.
We were there for as part of a group that bought out the entire hotel. The hotel itself is fairly nice. The only real complaint about the hotel itself is that the doors to the rooms slam very loudly if you don't hold onto them when closing them. We were woke up several times by this. Most of our interactions with the employees were good, but the management of this hotel is absolutely terrible. Part of the group takeover of the hotel was supposed to be a prime rib dinner. We entered the dining room, got our plates, some salad and got in line for some prime rib. They ran out with at least 50 people still in front of us. So we sat back down and waited for more meat to come out. While we were waiting I went to the bar and paid $20 (including tip) for some drinks. They told us that more meat was now available so we went to get a plate for our meat and they were now out of plates. So we waited for plates. Once we had our plates we then got in line for the prime rib. They ran out again!! So they told us to go to the other carving station outside. When we did we found people complaining that the prime rib was not only not done but also cold. A staff member checked the meat and took it away. So again we went back to our table without prime rib and now found that the wait staff had taken our $20 drinks while we were away!! Nothing was offered to the many guests that never received their meal that night and were forced to go off site for their dinner.

We have run into this kind of incompetence and indifference by management in places like Jamaica but at the Marriot you'd expect much better than this. They may be able to handle a very small dinner crowd but don't ever expect them to serve a large convention or large group of people. If you need to find a hotel for your business convention and need to provide food for the attendees, do yourself a big favor and go elsewhere. Management here will NOT work with you.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry your experience with us did not exceed your expectations. We have addressed the challanges you faced with our team and the meeting planner and you can be sure this will not happen again. Hopefully you will give us another chance down the road.

Thanks for staying with us - Justin

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I would like to say that this is one gorgeous hotel right on a golf course located in a residential area, so very quiet. You really can't get better ambiance. That being said ( I hate that term) if you happen to be over 200lbs and expect to get a good nights sleep I would say sleep in your car! The room matress in a 3 1/2 star hotel should be so comfortable and thick that an ambulance should be called just to wake you, no such luck at this Marriott. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words the pic below will send shirvers up your spine ( at least it did to mine while trying to sleep). The mattress is a flimsy, flimsy the kind you may find in a flop house, all night long I tossed around and sunk in from one side to the other and never really got any REM sleep I know because I was making up my own dreams all night long!! When I finally switched to the team started plying their trade in the lobby for what they call "renovations" --at 8:00 in the AM at a 3 1/2 stary resort hotel? Upon checking out I showed the picture of the mattress to the manager and he said (as if on cue) "oh that must be one of the rooms due for a mattress change" As you can see in the picture attached I was able to squeeze the enitre mattress between my one hand like a loaf of bread. I will say in Marriotts defense that their spring hill suites brands which cost about half the price and are listed as 2 1/2 stars have mattress that an elephant can sleep on without waking up.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our beds did not meet your expectations. I will look into this to see what happened as we just replaced all of our beds a few years ago to get to the Marriott standard. If you decide to give us another chance down the road please contact me as we have recently replaced some of the mattresses and I will ensure we find you one that you can get a good nights sleep on.

954 227-4119

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here the first week in May 2013. The hotel restaurant was convenient for breakfast and lunch. The complimentary shuttle would take us anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel which was very nice.

I stayed on the 5th floor but could still here the bar in the atrium loud and clear. I was happy there was a 10PM quiet time. I ran on the treadmill in the gym which was nice, but I do hate the glass wall that puts you on display to the guests going to the pool.

All in all, the hotel was comfortable and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. We will be renovating the bar and restaurant this summer and we are hopeful this will alleviate so of the noise issues.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is similar to many other properties as far as the main lobby and the actual rooms. Staff was very helpful, even at the very late hour that I arrived. The grounds are very nice, even for non-golfers. Take the opportunity to walk the palm tree lined areas.

• Stayed: April 2013
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

While this hotel is nice it is far away from Fort Lauderdale attractions which it advertises as being a part of. It's not in Ft. Lauderdale. Rooms were clean but many of the staff act like they are above their job grade. Many of the dining servers were rude, and the staff in the lobby bar cop a real attitude when you ask them for a drink, and then have to keep asking after that.

We were there for an event that took over the complete hotel and part of the package included a Prime Rib Dinner. I've never seen prime rib sliced a 1/4" thick in my life and they ran out leaving about 40-50 people without the dinner they already paid for in the package price. Then to further insult us they found some cheap cut of roast beef and re-heated it on the grill thinking they could pass it off as Prime Rib! I spoke to the dining room Manager and he simply said that they used to have a Chef on-site, but they fired him and are just running with some cooks. It's obvious they shouldn't be offering catering services if they haven't got a clue on how much Prime Rib is required for the party.In addition, Not enough tables and chairs for the events planned left many people standing for the night.

Not even an apology or anything to make up for a disappointing experience. Would we ever stay here again? Definitely NOT! They have a nice Golf Course (Heron Bay) but you'd be better off finding another local hotel and commuting.

Room Tip: Their website shows balconies on the room photos but the majority of rooms do not have a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry to hear about the challanges you faced. We are aware of them and have addresed with the staff to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate you understanding and hope you will give us another chance.

Thanks - Justin

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#22 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Price Range: $110 - $227 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs