“Beautiful place only don't expect a good nights sleep!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Beautiful place only don't expect a good nights sleep!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I would like to say that this is one gorgeous hotel right on a golf course located in a residential area, so very quiet. You really can't get better ambiance. That being said ( I hate that term) if you happen to be over 200lbs and expect to get a good nights sleep I would say sleep in your car! The room matress in a 3 1/2 star hotel should be so comfortable and thick that an ambulance should be called just to wake you, no such luck at this Marriott. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words the pic below will send shirvers up your spine ( at least it did to mine while trying to sleep). The mattress is a flimsy, flimsy the kind you may find in a flop house, all night long I tossed around and sunk in from one side to the other and never really got any REM sleep I know because I was making up my own dreams all night long!! When I finally switched to the team started plying their trade in the lobby for what they call "renovations" --at 8:00 in the AM at a 3 1/2 stary resort hotel? Upon checking out I showed the picture of the mattress to the manager and he said (as if on cue) "oh that must be one of the rooms due for a mattress change" As you can see in the picture attached I was able to squeeze the enitre mattress between my one hand like a loaf of bread. I will say in Marriotts defense that their spring hill suites brands which cost about half the price and are listed as 2 1/2 stars have mattress that an elephant can sleep on without waking up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our beds did not meet your expectations. I will look into this to see what happened as we just replaced all of our beds a few years ago to get to the Marriott standard. If you decide to give us another chance down the road please contact me as we have recently replaced some of the mattresses and I will ensure we find you one that you can get a good nights sleep on.

954 227-4119

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here the first week in May 2013. The hotel restaurant was convenient for breakfast and lunch. The complimentary shuttle would take us anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel which was very nice.

I stayed on the 5th floor but could still here the bar in the atrium loud and clear. I was happy there was a 10PM quiet time. I ran on the treadmill in the gym which was nice, but I do hate the glass wall that puts you on display to the guests going to the pool.

All in all, the hotel was comfortable and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. We will be renovating the bar and restaurant this summer and we are hopeful this will alleviate so of the noise issues.
Wadsworth, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is similar to many other properties as far as the main lobby and the actual rooms. Staff was very helpful, even at the very late hour that I arrived. The grounds are very nice, even for non-golfers. Take the opportunity to walk the palm tree lined areas.

• Stayed April 2013
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

While this hotel is nice it is far away from Fort Lauderdale attractions which it advertises as being a part of. It's not in Ft. Lauderdale. Rooms were clean but many of the staff act like they are above their job grade. Many of the dining servers were rude, and the staff in the lobby bar cop a real attitude when you ask them for a drink, and then have to keep asking after that.

We were there for an event that took over the complete hotel and part of the package included a Prime Rib Dinner. I've never seen prime rib sliced a 1/4" thick in my life and they ran out leaving about 40-50 people without the dinner they already paid for in the package price. Then to further insult us they found some cheap cut of roast beef and re-heated it on the grill thinking they could pass it off as Prime Rib! I spoke to the dining room Manager and he simply said that they used to have a Chef on-site, but they fired him and are just running with some cooks. It's obvious they shouldn't be offering catering services if they haven't got a clue on how much Prime Rib is required for the party.In addition, Not enough tables and chairs for the events planned left many people standing for the night.

Not even an apology or anything to make up for a disappointing experience. Would we ever stay here again? Definitely NOT! They have a nice Golf Course (Heron Bay) but you'd be better off finding another local hotel and commuting.

Room Tip: Their website shows balconies on the room photos but the majority of rooms do not have a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear about the challanges you faced. We are aware of them and have addresed with the staff to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate you understanding and hope you will give us another chance.

Thanks - Justin
Langley, BC
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here on April 13th/14th after arriving in Miami.

This took some to get to and had to stop to eat along the way as we didn't arrive at the hotel till after midnight.and didn't think there would be any place to eat. We were right.

The check-in was quick and painless We had a nice room on the 5th floor but once arriving we found the hotel balcony's were under construction Monday to Friday, Thankfully we stayed Friday and Saturday.This was expected to last for 6 weeks.

I found a site that allowed us to book a promotion rate and not be charged the Resort Fee. We also manged to get free wi-fi but have to say it was rather slow.

If one is only staying at the hotel then this is a great place. Sawgrass Mills is about 30 minutes away driving.

If driving to this hotel parking later at night can mean a walk back to the hotel.

I marked the cleanliness down because of the big dust ball behind the curtains we found. I would have expected better from Marriott.

There was another problem on the second night where none of the coke machines on various floors worked. The drinks were cheaper in the machines than the store by the front desk. Odd that no machines worked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and sorry about the challanges you faced. I will follow up with the vendor to ensure he stocks things in a timely manner. We hope you give us another chance. If you do please contact me directly so I can do something nice for you.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My brother and his wife had his wedding weekend (with three separate events!) at this Marriott location. The property is very nice, well kept and clean. There is a nice golf club and beautiful view of the golf greens. We stayed for five nights and the service was excellent during our stay. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very nice to come back when we requested. Room service was fast and delicious. The waitstaff at the restaurant/bar in the atrium area were very nice. The staff was very accommodating, kind and helpful to us and to all of our guests who stayed at this venue. There is ample free parking. The one down side is the $9.95/day fee for wifi. Other than that it is a wonderful hotel with a tremendous staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to come back!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I attended a 5 day seminar at the Coral Springs Marriott. The banquet rooms are all extremely well done with modern conveniences for today's technology. The hotel itself is very nice, pleasing to the eye and very clean. My room, on the 2nd floor, was a bit on the small side and there was no mini fridge or safe. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel but fine dining as well as casual fare abounds in the Ft. Lauderdale area; all within a couple of minutes. The area where the hotel is located is at the western edge of Broward County by the Everglades so it is safe and full of new subdivisions and shopping. Overall I would recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd floor which has views of the rooftop for the banquet rooms, not very pleasing.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Let me know the next time you are in town so we can block you in a room with a view.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#18 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs