Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night after our cruise. We did a Priceline bid & won this hotel for $50 plus tax so it was a steal. We arrived around 10:00am and they allowed us an early check in.

ROOM: The room was very clean, large and looked like it had been recently updated. It had a LG flat screen TV, a big bathroom and we had a horrible view of the back of the building, but we didn't really mind. There was also a room service menu & bar downstairs that we noticed but we never took advantage of.

STAFF: Everyone was extremely friendly, including the housekeeping staff!

LOCATION: We rented a car and had reservations at a timeshare near by for the following day so we only needed the room for one night. The hotel is located about 5-10 minutes away from tons of restaurants and shopping. We had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's which was pretty close.

Overall the hotel was a fantastic value! We didn't really spend too much time here but I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mrswilson2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently stayed three nights at this hotel as guests for a wedding. The stay started off with a warm welcome at the front desk. In fact, everyone who works there is very friendly and asks if they can help you with anything, even if they are simply passing by. The room itself was fairly standard, small, and with double (not queen) beds. However, they really went the extra mile in providing great pillows and comforters which made it very comfortable. The free parking, free wi-fi, and free newspaper are all big bonuses in my world.

Service during the wedding reception was excellent. Waters were continually refilled and bread was brought. The bartender on duty in the room, Adriene, made the best dirty martinis. Way better than the dude who works the regular lounge. She was great and everyone had a wonderful time.

The only trouble spot we had was one weekend morning at the breakfast buffet. The restaurant area is very small and does not appear to have been designed to accommodate a full buffet for the number of people that were there. They had three weddings parties full of people in the hotel. People were lined up in a que that wound outside the restaurant area, but the pile of plates was not at the starting end, it was in the middle. People would have to cut into the middle of the line to get a plate and then walk back to the front of the line. It was awkward. The waitstaff tried to make up for the mess. They were working hard to get coffee served and make sure everyone was alright. They even had the hostess walking around serving water and trying to make amends. It just seemed to be a design flaw.

We did not golf, and did not get to use the exercise room, although it looked very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EmmaJames36
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had a fantastic stay at this hotel very friendly staff. The front desk clerks were so accommodating and knowledgeable. Stayed on the 7th floor, enjoyed my breakfast and ambiance every morning. Maria did an awesome job of making me and guest feel welcomed. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AMTraveler40
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I'm glad you had an awesome experience and hope you come back soon and stay longer!
Please feel free to call me for anything you need!
Eddie Adair-GM
(954)227-4100
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed for two nights over the past weekend and found a great gem at the BAR! Our bartender, Adrienne, was simply great and made our stay very special. We were disappointed with the cooler, windy weather so we wound up at the bar instead of the pool but Adrienne made up for it with her friendly demeanor and special attention. Thanks, Marriott for the extra-treat. If you are staying at this beautiful hotel be sure to stop at the bar when Adrienne is there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Adriene is incredible and we receive a lot of positive feedback on her. We appreciate the bar business and next trip, please let me know and I will order some sun and warm weather!

Eddie Adair-GM
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay here every Thanksgiving. Solid sure thing. I tend to stay at 5-star places and this is not a St. Regis, but it is best place in town. Excellent value. Amanda, in check-in goes the extra mile, ask her for room recommendations. Honest and hard working. Stay away from atrium and ask for high floor with golf course views.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Definitely a nice hotel with a really nice big pool.- hotel is spotless - Just a lovely setting with a golf course outside. We dont golf and it was still nice to look at. The grounds and lobby were lovely. rooms were comfortable. I think we paid $100 a night on one of those discount websites and if you can get a rate like that or under $125 its well worth it. Nice hotel for famiies, real good "inside" feel with inside glass elevator, plush carpets etc. Breakfast buffet at $16 each seemed pricy but then after thinking about it and doing it - it was well well worth not leaving for breakfast - the help at the buffet was so so nice I overtipped heavily. - you can eat good food until you cant eat any more and if you dont like buffets THEY WILL make you a fresh cooked omlette which may be the best move otherwise you overeat! LOL - Nice place, enjoyable stay and to me it is all relative to price as under $130 this is a great hotel! The pool is so nice (just a big pool with jacuzzi and sauna inside) I could have just sat there all day if wife and kid would have left me alone!

Room Tip: Check the weather and if its gonna be a nice day the best place to visit may be the pool at the hote...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at this lovely hotel two nights in November. One of my family members was married on the back patio and had her reception here. Check in was quick, they kindly retrieved our gift bags from the bride and groom and sent us on our way. The rooms on the 5th floor were spacious, clean and well-stocked. The shower head is low-flow, which is great for the environment, but not very powerful. Beds were cozy, pillows were fluffy and we even had a patio overlooking the fountain out front.

We ended up at the two bars on Friday night, and the one in the restaurant Saturday night. All of the servers were great, but drinks are definitely not cheap. I wish I could remember the two bartenders we had for the reception - one was a young woman from Virginia and the other was a young man who made a fabulous drink called "Peace and Love"!

I had pre-ordered some snacks to be delivered to the mother of the bride's room and when I confirmed the order during check-in I was told it would be a much higher price than what I was quoted over the phone. Duke worked it out for me and apologized profusely for the miscommunication I received over the phone. I was charged the lower price. Unfortunately, the tray was not delivered on Friday night as promised but I didn't find out until about midnight. I talked to Duke again the next morning and after he tracked down the order, he assured me it would be delivered and that I would not be charged!

Duke also pointed helped us navigate our way outside for a walk in the adjacent neighborhood. Great walking/running path that's a 5 mile loop.

The pool area was also very relaxing. The hot tub was more like a warm tub but there was lots of room on the deck for our whole family to sit together and hang out.

Only negative of this hotel, as I've found at other Marriotts, is the lobby noise is amplified. The location of the bar causes the noise level to be very loud on all floors.

Room Tip: We lucked out with a tiny balcony on the 5th floor with a great view of the sunset.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#16 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,348 reviews

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd., Coral Springs, FL 33076 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs