Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Branford, Connecticut
“Great hotel!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Great location and great staff. We spent 5 days and we enjoyed every day.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Check out hotel web site
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
Maryland
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I had to travel to Coral Springs for a funeral and stayed at the Marriott. Wow, the pictures on the website do not do the hotel justice. Breakfast on the covered patio was the highlight. Gentle breezes. It really offset the reason for coming to town. Spacious comfortable rooms. Some have a balcony. Snag one of those. Extremely friendly staff. Did I say really friendly and helpful staff. Wow. I would stay here again. Heck if traveling to the FLL area I would consider staying here just for a weekend away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. This was our first Florida trip and we were very excited. The only time we spent staying in the hotel was in the night to get a good night sleep and charge our self for next day adventures. First two nights were good. We had a good night sleep. On the next three nights of our stay we noticed that there were lot of noise in the corridors during sleep hours. We ignored the noise on third and fourth night as it was noisy for about 30-40 minutes. But our last night of stay went almost sleepless as it was very noisy in the corridors and courtyard because of some party that was going on. We called the front desk to see if they can help us in anyways. The person at the front desk told us that noise is due to the party. He offered us free breakfast next morning as he showed that's the only way he can help us with the noise. We declined his offer and requested him to at least make sure there in no noise in the corridors as per there hotel policy. But I guess it was a bad day in terms of getting any help or good sleep.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
MA
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I really tried to see the good in this hotel but just couldn't. All it has going for it is location because there truly isn't anything else in the area and for those of us who need to be in this area, it's the best option. However, I stayed for three nights with my young children. When I made the reservation, I told the hotel I needed a fridge (one of my kids was on meds that needed to be refrigerated), and two cribs. I also told them I'd be arriving very late. Not only was this stuff not in my room when we arrived --very tired-- at 11 pm. I had to wait 30 minutes and then call to remind them to bring these things. I never got the microwave I requested though they told me they'd keep an eye out for one for me. The room was ok but the hall carpets were dirty. I noticed that they weren't vacuumed the entire time we were there. We called for room service one night and no one ever answered. When we arrived (that late night arrival) I had to track someone down to check us in and then asked to have help with my bags (I was traveling alone with my kids). The guy who finally came out to help acted like it was a huge imposition despite the nice tip I gave him. At the end of our stay, I had to call to remove 2 erroneous charges (lucky I checked because I often don't look carefully). Last but not least, I stayed on Marriot points (my husband travels a ton). We got a room that overlooked the roof and right over the ACs which roared to life every so often. I was suprirsed that this was how they treated their best Marriot customers. Would I stay again? Sure....there's nothing else in town but would I recommend this hotel to anyone who has another option, absolutely not. It's really a detriment to the Marriot brand.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sniggy
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2011

We have stayed here a few times now for hockey tournaments. The staff is always very helpful and courteous. They have been nice enough to let us use the back patio off the restaurant (after the restaurant has closed) for a pizza party for our hockey team.

The rooms are a good size and it is in a central location.

The only thing I wish they had was free WIFI.

• Stayed November 2010
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2011

The hotel itself is really nice. We were happy with our room and the facility. However, we thought the service. We stayed Fri - Sunday. On Saturday we were gone from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. When we got back at 5....our room had NOT been cleaned yet. We were up at 6:00 on Sunday and had the all you can eat buffet on-site. The buffet was nice but pricey. Then we went to my son's hockey game. When we returned at 10:00 - we asked if my 10 yr old, 60 lb son could eat again (he was hungry after playing....) and were told 'No' - that we would have to pay for the full buffet to allow him to eat again. I thought this was incredibly cheep-o on their part and added to the uncleaned room on Saturday it made me angry. We went back to the room to gather our things in time for a noon check out - and there was a knock at the door. The maid wanted to clean our room at 10:15 a.m. on the day we were checking out!!! The day we stayed - she didn't show up until after 5:00!!! They are penny wise and dollar foolish. They charge top dollar - and then cheep out on routine room cleaning, and giving a 10 year old a second bowl of Cheerios. AND they charge $9.95 per day for Wi-Fi! We will not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Stayed at this property for 7 nights, Dec 3 to 11, Concierge level, with no complaints. If you have business anywhere between Aventura and Boca Raton, this is a perfect choice. The freeways and interstates get you anyplace within roughly a half hour, and the value at this property is much better than at one of the other full-service Marriotts in the vicinity. Appreciated the Front Desk manager's efforts to accommodate all our requests regarding our room, and felt well taken care of (many thanks indeed, folks).

For those travellers wary of noise, the hotel features an East wing away from the lobby (Rooms x03 to x14, with those in the middle of this range farthest away). Rooms x03 to x08 (or x07, on Concierge level) have a golf course view, i.e. face north. The surroundings are very quiet (no roads at all), so the only thing that may hear from outsiide is the golf course staff working on their bunkers. Else, if there are doors banging, it's inconsiderate guests to blame, not so much the hotel. That said, there is a certain inconsistancy in management's guest orientation, which we found easy to get straight,, though, by voicing our needs in a friendly and to-the-point way. - We'll be back, without doubt.

Otherwise, the hotel is standard full-service Marriott fare, has been around for a while but is kept up well. Rooms are good-sized but without mini-fridge (on demand only) and in-room safe, beds are excellent. Other features are fine as well (pool is small for a resort but well maintained, breakfast was always very good in the first floor restaurant yet only so-so in the Concierge lounge; service issue). A Publix and Walmart are very close by.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#18 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs