New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Chocolate Fashion
Ranked #1 of 20 Dessert in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Cafe, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very good breakfast, this place is always very crowded. They also have very good pastries and coffee. If you go on Sunday you have to go early.

Visited November 2012

South Florida, Florida
“I drive pretty far for this so worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

First of all let me start by saying the previous reviewer is obviously a pretentious snob who has not idea what french bakery is all about. I am a parisian who has lived in florida for a while. If his focus was on a snobby eatery with fancy seating then he must realize you never get that at a patisserie/bakery. This place is all about food not ambiance. I was delighted when I found this place last year. It is the real deal. Their café au lait and pastries are superb and people are always so friendly and nice. For christmas they make all my favorites which is nice because for years I made my own buche de Noel, but if I choose not to they have fantastic selections. We live an hour away and I love coming here for yummy pastries and more. The other reviewer is right I also would weigh a ton if I lived closer.

• Visited June 2012
Miami
“Parisian-like? MENTIR!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had to create an account just to disprove the reviews on here and on Yelp.

My girlfriend and I were more than excited to go to this place for brunch after reading all the amazing reviews. We arrived and found a table quickly, next to the entrance. A little awkward but we could have not cared less because we were ready for an orgasmic and tantalizing brunch!

Boy, we were wrong. What parts of Paris have all these reviewers been to? The banlieue's?!? This place is NOT CHIC by any definition.

Anyway, lets start:

We began by ordering honey dew tea! Yummm.... Oh, what's that? They don't serve it anymore yet it's still on the menu? DOH!
Please, update your menu Mr. C. Fashion, you don't want the patrons' experience starting off with a "Sorry, we don't serve that anymore." And while you're at it, you might want to consider an update to your menu presentation. I felt as if I were ordering from Sergio's (disclaimer: Sergio's is amazing, but this is not the presentation we were expecting from the "Paris in Coral Gables" locale. We don't expect elaborate menus but at least not something that is laminated, dirty, and outdated.) Mr. C. Fashion, we started off on the wrong foot, smh.

Onward! The latte my girlfriend ordered was mediocre at best but we were still anxious to feast on our brunch prior to passing full on judgement.

Brunch ordered: Eggs Florentine for me and Crab Cake Benedict for her, sounds mouth watering, no? It did to us when we were ordering and reading all the "awesome" reviews.

::le sigh:: LE WRONG!

Both dishes were mediocre... bland and chewy. The hollandaise did not make things any better or any worse, thankfully! The side order of bacon we ordered apparently came from the Denny's on Miracle Mile so basically, nothing special. At this point we were both clearly disappointed and just wanted to get out. We paid our bill while we were being hovered around by the waiters waiting for us to leave. Were people waiting to sit? Yes. Were there other open tables? Yes. So why wait around your clients? Could they sense our dissatisfaction and a scathing online review coming on?!

We did NOT have any of a pastries (perhaps they redeem themselves in this area), but why try? We had been disillusioned from the beginning, why be disillusioned again.

This place is not worth any drive, or walk, to get to. Mr. C. Fashion, you need an aesthetic make over to your restaurant and an update to your menu, service, and food. Have your people call my people when you've changed and we'll give this another try.

Au revoir!

2 Thank Andy C
Inverness, Florida
“I'd weigh a ton!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

If we lived in Coral Gables, I'd weigh a ton from the pastries in this shop. The store/restaurant is a feast for the eyes. There is a very European feel to the place, which makes it feel very chic. The service is fantastic, and everything I've had from there is as good as it looks.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MrsG9310
Miami Beach
“Pastry to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went for brunch. Decent service; they were very crowded and very busy. We ate eggs benedict (with salmon and with crab cakes). The breakfast was okay, but nothing special. However, we decided to split a couple of pastries and they were amazing. So my suggestion is to go for the pastry and maybe skip the other dishes.

• Visited July 2012