“Nice Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tortola
“Nice Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for two nights during a business trip. Very nice and warm welcome on arrival. All staff very helpful and were all willing to take the time to make conversation. Enjoyed a very nice steak salad from the room service menu.

The room was very comfortable and spacious, would come again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
Winchester, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Visited this hotel for business, hotel staff was very pleasant. Hotel room was clean and comfortable, very roomy. Rooms don't have a fridge, but one can be obtained for an additional charge. Views from the hotel rooms are not great, you can see the city way off in the distance. Very pricey breakfast item choices from room service or the on site restaurant. Parking is in a garage directly under the hotel, for the cost of parking it would have been nice if this had been gated or that security was present. Area within a few blocks of the hotel is okay, but if you get much further than that not safe. Pool area and fitness room were very nice and clean. Nice addition to have cold towels in the fitness area. Overall a good stay.

Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables and room had ants in it. I told the front desk and all they did is removed my parking fee. That is really a ridiculous freeby considering the unsanitary condition of having ants in a room.

The bed was comfortable as always at Hyatt but that was it. Service is OK but not overly friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on June 21-26,2014, the Hyatt is the epitome of excellence. From our welcome by the car valet to the restaurant server to the lady who brought a small fridge to our room at the request of my husband. Each person here ensured that our stay was the best it could be. I was very happy to see them include healthy delicious low calorie meals on their menu. They also offered makeup remover wipes in the bathroom! As we were in Florida on business and I had to apply my makeup everyday (to keep the shine away from my face due to the heat) this little thoughtful gesture made me feel happier. It is these little things which show their genuine desire to ensure that all who stay there are most comfortable.

Room Tip: Coral Gables is a busy business area but even when we were on the ground floor by the bar or lounge...
Green Features: Messages were posted in the bathroom reminding us of how we can help their conservation efforts by reusing our towels which we did.
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. I am so happy to hear you had an excellent stay! From the valet service to the makeup remover wipes, I like that every moment of your stay left a great impression. I hope you get to stay with us again soon!

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is a large, resort style hotel with a Mediterranean ambiance. My room was clean and comfortably furnished, although the décor itself was a little heavy and dark for my taste. The climate was pretty hot and humid during my stay, so I was grateful that the hotel's air system functioned very well.

The bathroom vanity was small, not much counter space to set out my personal things but the shower was good, and the towels were of good quality, thick and nicely sized. The bath amenities were good and replenished everyday. There are no towel bars, just hooks.

I had a king room; the bed and bed linens were good quality and I slept very well. My only complaint, the bottom sheet was not large enough to tuck in securely, so during the night it became quite rumpled and felt a bit uncomfortable.

Service is certainly the focal point for the hotel, from the concierge, servers and housekeeping staff; I had excellent response to all my requests. I had one meal in the hotel lounge and when it was evident that I wasn’t enjoying my main course, the server offered to bring something else. I had eaten most of the dish, so I declined, but when I was presented with the bill, the cost of my wine was removed as a gesture of apology.

My only complaint with the hotel itself, and it is a big one, is the quality of the hotel’s Wi-Fi service. I had very spotty Internet access during my stay and found that I was not able to get much of my work done. This may not be an issue for US business travelers who already have countrywide plans, but for those of us from other countries who rely on local hotel Wi-Fi services, it can be a real problem.

The hotel is within a short walk of many restaurants, with a wide variety of cuisines and price options available. I really enjoyed my evening walks to discover a different local venue each day of my stay. I had some very nice meals.

Green Features: All used towels everyday, even though I had hung up my bath towel expecting to use it a second day. There were no "blue" recycling bins for newspapers, bottles, etc.
Orlando, FL.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This is my first hotel review and I am compelled to write it because I have stayed here for several days twice having stem cell therapy locally and this hotel has the warmest, kindest staff I have ever experienced.

I feel like I am staying with family and my special thanks to Liz, the night manager and Eduardo of Luggage Services as well as everyone who always says hello and asks how you are doing!

Yes, the hotel is lovely but it's the people here that make me want to return...and every time I do, the first words from the Valet are "welcome back"....and a big smile comes on my face.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cbotrader
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. We strive to be your home away from home and I am very happy to see that we made you feel like you were at home! You are certainly part of our Hyatt family. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We once again returned to the Hyatt in the Gables. The staff is ALWAYS fantastic. We love walking a couple of blocks to get our morning Starbucks. The restaurants in the area are great and it's just a nice little walk. Any last minute things we forgot, like towels for a beach day on South Beach, we purchased at an inexpensive store nearby. The room we were in was very clean, the pool and hot tub were wonderful as usual and the work out room had lots of options for our work out. It was great family weekend for a high school graduation.

Room Tip: We usually go through Hotwire and normally get the same handful of rooms that are not perfect but su...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!