Stayed here 3 nights on a recent business trip to the hotel. The hotel is about a 15 minute cab ride from Miami International airport so expect a cab fare of around $18. Check in was quick and Richard at the front counter took his time explaining everything and was very helpful.
The room I had was typical, king sized bed, flat panel tv, desk area, closet to hang clothes in and bathroom with a tub/shower. Overall, I was pleased with the room. I did notice a musty smell upon entering the room and it always seemed like the room had a muggy feel to it compared to the hallways. I did adjust the thermostat, but it always seemed be off a couple of degrees from the setpoint and never shut off unless you actually switched it off. Apparently auto isn't an option on these thermostats. I'm usually pretty picky when it comes to cleanliness of hotels because it really tells you a lot about the quality of the hotel. For the most part, I was happy with how clean the room was. Two items I noticed failed though. First, the coffee maker had obviously not been cleaned out by room service as it had a little bit of water in the reservoir and a used coffee filter still in it. Secondly, on top of the minibar, there is a set of glasses for drinking water. The glasses are sitting on coasters that say "Enjoy your drink". not sure I could enjoy my drink as the coaster it was on was filthy. It looks like they haven't replaced it in months. The glass had finger prints all over it.
Wifi access was included as part of my meeting groups rate so I do not know what it would cost for access. The service though was great...no issues with slow internet. Meeting rooms were located on the mezzanine level and were okay. I thought the room we were in was a little small for our group and for two days everyone complained about how cold the room felt. No matter how much we adjusted the thermostat, it seemed like the AC was always blowing.
The hotel has a nice feel about it. It is very large, but never felt like it was crowded. It has a nice bar area and a restaurant, but I did not eat at the restaurant so I cannot speak for the food or service. I did use the exercise room one morning. In my opinion it seems like an afterthought. It is about the size of two standard rooms and feels a little cramped with equipment. The morning I went down to work out all the cardio machines were in use so I was out of luck.
About a block away is a number of shops and restaurants located on what is called the "magnificent mile" I'm not sure I would call it magnificent. There are quite a few restaurants, but shops are lacking...unless your looking for a wedding dress and then are about 8 different stores that sell dresses. Other than this area, you'd have to take a cab to find any other options for shopping/dining.
Overall, I was happy with the hotel and service and would be willing to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the "Beverly Hills of Miami", Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, a stunning AAA Four Diamond hotel set in the heart of Coral Gables offers the unparalleled personalized service and luxurious accommodations that you seek for your weekend getaway. Relax by the pool with a fresh Mojito or enjoy regional flavors at Two Sisters, our award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Coral Gables