“Great Hotel in Coral Gables”

Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have been staying there since the early 90's when in Miami.We were there again last week (Nov 20th through the 24th). The rennovation in 2009 brought the hotel back to excellent condition.

I don't know what the negative comments from some reviewers are about regarding smell. This is south Florida, it is humid there. It takes about 8 hours for the A/C to get rid of the humidity, especially if it was off when you check in.

The new (since our last stay there two years ago) buffet breakfast in the Two Sisters restaurant is excellent and cost only $16. Try getting that for less than $20 at other comparable hotels.

The self-park garage is tight but we have never have a problem finding a space in it. This is why I always rent a midsize car there.

Regarding cleanliness: This hotel is spotless compared to many hotels we regularly stay in. The housekeepers even dust the light bulbs in the table lamps.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors facing Alhambra have the best views of Miami and Coral Gables. There a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for this positive review. I am glad to see you enjoy our hotel after the renovation and enjoy the breakfast buffet. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

John S-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Not mind blowing, but all in all a very nice hotel in a great location. 10 minute ride from Miami International Airport, and right in the middle of the Coral Gables high life. Great restaurants, clubs and various other nightlife. Hotel room was comfy, roomy, and well maintained. Hotel restaurant was also very good quality with excellent service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ray2k
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms, the convenient location of our property and your experience at our restaurant. I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here while visiting our daughter for parent's weekend at the University of Miami. The hotel was very nice. I wish we would have had more time to spend at the pool. It looked very nice. The only complaint was with our linens. They only left one washcloth each day and we would have to contact the front desk to get another one. I thought it was just an oversight, but it kept happening even after being made aware of it.

Room Tip: Apparently there are rooms with balconies. That would have been awesome, but we didn't know abou...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had a nice room on the pool floor (5th), which in turn gave me a nice private patio that faces the pool. Very nice hotel - nice features, clean and very comfortable. The room had a large flat-screen tv, which was very nice. However, I couldn't find a channel guide in the room, and the tv was difficult to navigate in general. However, those small things would be the only thing to complain about in this otherwise very nive hotel. Location was great - easy to and from Miami airport, but in a great walking location. I'm not sure it's worth the high end rates that the room seem to go for, but at a mid rate I think it's a great place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My latest business trip to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables could not have gone better. From the second my office manager and I arrived, we were greeted with quality service and kindness. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and the concierge was very accommodating. He went out of his way to print out a map of where we should go and what we should do, it was marvelous! I was very impressed.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the poolside level or one above that. All rooms were great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have an outstanding experience at our property. We take great pride in offering the best customer service. I have shared your kind words regarding the service from the staff with our management team. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located if you're in the Coral Gables area. Close to the miracle mile but far enough to avoid the noise. The hotel is comfortable, what you would expect from a Hyatt. My room was next to the elevators so I had to withstand the noise which was annoying but not to the point of becoming a nuisance. A recommendation, deliver the newspaper early! It may be too much to ask, but I could only read mine in the evenings as when I left for work, the newspaper had not been delivered

Room Tip: Away from the elevators
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The 80's were good to this hotel. Unfortunately, its failed to move on. Its perfectly fine for what it is, its just not up-to-date. The rooms are nice, but scream of the 80's in decor and lacks anything but a flat screen from today. The plugs are few and far between - not even a hint of the "business station" that has become standard in updated hotels. The service was fine if you seek it out but it certainly doesn't find you. The bar is small and seemed to be overwhelmed with just a handful of customers. The front desk seemed at a loss when I asked to borrow a charger for one of my devices.

The location is fine if you are going to be staying primarily in Coral Gables. Its just a few blocks from the Miracle Mile shopping strip and the area has a good selection and range of restaurants. Word of warning if you are going to Miami - the cab ride can take up to 30 minutes during rush hour. If you need to be in Miami, you are better off staying in Miami.

With an update, this could be a very nice property, but, as is, its just alright.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
#4 of 12 in Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Hotel St. Michel
#6 of 12 in Coral Gables

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!