“Very Nice Hotel in a Great Location”

Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kitchener, Canada
“Very Nice Hotel in a Great Location”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt for a work seminar and really enjoyed the hotel. Clean and upscale looking lobby, friendly staff and a decent lobby bar helped the experience.

We had a ‘petite suite’ which was very nice with a giant bed and living area. All clean and very comfortable. Only major complaint was the very small pillows. Wish they were longer!

The hotel is within walking distance of probably 30-40 awesome and unique restaurants which was very nice to have those options.

Never got a chance to use the pool as it rained the entire time, but overall I enjoyed our

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Santiago,
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel was nice, staff are very friendly and helpful, bedrooms are very comfortable. This is the second time stayed here on a business trip and strangely enough this time I had to request basic bathroom stuff like shower cap and and floor mat for when you come out of the shower. It's was all promptly provided, but it was strange it was not there from the beginning.

What I though was unacceptable is the U$9,95 wifi daily rate PER DEVICE. One now travels with so many electronic devices that require wifi that its already unexpectedly disappointing to have to pay for it but more so when you realize you have to pay for each device. This is the reason for which I rated the hotel very good instead of excellent.

1 Thank msalgado73
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hotels like the Hyatt Regency Coral Gable view business travelers as fish to be gigged. I had to join the Hyatt Gold program to get out of paying some outrageous fee for a service that your average motel provides for free. Don't let the marble foyer or smiling service fool you - they are out to squeeze you.

Besides that, the hotel was okay. A dark, dank garage is available for self-parking. The location is nice, and the doorman recommended a great Cuban place a couple blocks away called Los Vegas.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room, so I have no advice here.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Coral Gables for a weekend night in June. It is a nice, fairly quiet property away from the hustle of Miami Beach or Downtown. The room was of decent size and the bed was very comfortable. The only downside - the carpet had a somewhat worn out look. The reception staff was very friendly and eager to help. The concierge (Gideon) was outstanding - he went out of his way to answer our questions about the area, and offered to make reservations for us. Overall, a good Hyatt property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dadoc001
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2013

As a local I am very familiar with the area and have stayed at various luxury hotels in Coral Gables/Coconut Grove, including The Biltmore, but the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is hands down the best. The quiet and sophisticated ambiance and the excellent staff makes this hotel an excellent choice. My husband and I stayed for one night for our Anniversary and we received and upgrade without asking which definitely made our night. I would like to express my gratitude to the management for such a nice gesture. These are the little details that make one want to return. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gemabb
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s ambience and that the staff was able to exceed your expectations and help to make your anniversary so memorable. I will be sure to pass your words of gratitude on to management. I hope we can welcome you back for a future anniversary or stay.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as part of my business trip to the city. I found hotel clean and comfortable, and the staff quite helpful. I had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant and our waitress was a charming and very helpful lady.
Some things I didn't like - wi-fi is extremely slow.. I stayed in Miami a lot lately, and though connection was not perfect there either, I was able to do my job remotely without any issues. Here, it was a real challenge to download a report.. Hotel should definitely invest in better wi-fi because I am sure most of the people who stay there are in Miami on business.
I also didn't like the pillows, they were way too short and quite hard.
Having said all of this, I would definitely come back, with much more pleasure if Internet was faster! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alina_Austin
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Not as opulent as the Ritz, but our stay here this June was so much more enjoyable than our stay at the Ritz last June - and for so much less money! The rooms have just been renovated and are well appointed, much more spacious than the Ritz and so much more comfortable. We booked last minute on Priceline for a steal ($75 p/night) and were tickled pink that the manager upgraded one of our rooms to a two room, two bath suite nonetheless! The pool area is large and accommodating - the only thing missing that would make this place a five star is a pool bar with food service. Our son is committed to play football at the U and our daughter is planning to attend law school there next year, so we will be frequent guests here! It's just a five minute, low traffic drive away from the U and the Miracle Mile is within walking distance. We love Hillstone there, but there are so many restaurants to choose from. We look forward to trying them all!

• Stayed June 2013
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Hotel St. Michel
#6 of 11 in Coral Gables

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!