“Nice Hotel Nice Location!”

Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Nice Hotel Nice Location!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here for two nights post cruise.This hotel is lovely with a very nice pool.The rooms are beautiful,we had a mini suite that had a king bed with a sofa with a large flat screen tv. The hotel is with in walking distance to Miracle Mile which has many great restaurants. The staff was friendly and professional. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveling G
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for your post cruise stay. I'm delighted that you found your room to be very spacious and well appointed. I'll be sure to let the staff know that you found their service to be very friendly and professional. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night in January before our cruise out of Port Miami. Check-in was a breeze... welcomed as a Diamond Member and sent a full bottle of white wine plus some salsa and chips.

Room was nice - had a balcony area overlooking the pool. Room service was fast and the food was excellent.

Gym was a little small but equipment was newer and clean. Didn't get to try the outdoor pool but it looked nice.

Location was awesome... close to all the great food in Coral Gables.

Had breakfast in the hotel the morning we left. Service in the restaurant was way above par... really excellent team they have.

Only issue I had was that they billed my credit card the $128.00 for breakfast (4 of us); however, as a Diamond Member it should be free. Called the hotel when I got back from the cruise and they immediately credited the amount back to my card - no questions asked. That was even at 10:30pm.

Staff overall were excellent... will be back here for sure when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sjhanlon
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. It gives me great pleasure to read your positive comments about our staff. I am so sorry to hear you were billed incorrectly. Though, I am glad to hear we were able to rectify our billing error in a timely manner. If we can be of further assistance do not hesitate contacting us directly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! – Ryan
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is truly a tough commentary for me as my wife and I stay here 10-20 days a year. The staff at all levels, the restaurant, the front desk, bell stand, valet, etc remember us and call us by name. The service is excellent with all staff exhibiting a true and sincere desire to serve and accommodate your wishes. The rub with this property is split between 2 areas, one being the fitness center and the other being the outdated AC units that are now highly inefficient at maintaining low humidity and reasonably efficient temperature control in either hot or cooler weather. We always reserve the Terrace Suite and enjoy the layout but the AC is becoming an issue for us. The second area is the Fitness Center. Granted, very few people are into fitness, but those of us who are have come to expect a little better than what this property has to offer. Namely, the universal gym is outdated, the dumbbells are limited in the weight variety and limited in range. There's only one medium ball for crunches, no foam roller, and the bench is unsafe in its design. I have suggested they put a little love into the fitness center, but alas it is obviously not a priority. Hence, I can only give this property a Very Good rating...sadly!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jelsrtrav
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is always difficult to complain as you question whether you are too critical...that said after 28 years of weekly business travel, I know what's acceptable and what is not in a reputable hotel chain. This ranks amongst the worst hotels I have ever stayed in!!!! Our hotel room was piggybacked to the 3 elevators which we heard moving up and down the entire night...but let me not get ahead of myself. From the outside, this hotel is very nice looking, we arrived at around 1pm and were unable to receive a room until almost 4pm. The room is nothing to brag about, std hotel room for over $200/night, elevator noise was HORRIFIC. Check in staff was very friendly but monumentally slow in resolving issues. We only had 3 days at this hotel and I spent most of my second day waiting for a room change. On the bright side, they did upgrade our room, but still horribly noisy as walls, doors, and door gap allows other guests noise to seep into our room. Bed was much better, but furniture and decore is still very dated, bathroom fan is on anytime you turn on the light and it sounds like a jet engine taking off...great for anyone trying to sleep...forget about the late night urine break!!! Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, although it has a nice looking pool, rooms are very average and outdoor jacuzzi is impractical for more than 4 people, even at that it is so shallow it just is not enjoyable. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PROPERTY!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TPK007
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear TPK007:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We're sorry to hear your stay didn't meet your expectations. I would like to speak with you directly with regards to your comments about the noise issues you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly, as I'm happy to assist.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Got a one nite for $100+tax on Priceline. Big king room and pool w whirlpool, sauna, and steam room made it a steal for the area. Front desk friendly; Not a $270 per nite deal at anytime/for any reason, just what the market will bear for convention goers. Wifi, parking et al @high price corporate rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Montecito, California
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went here on a business trip and it was perfect for just that. For vacation this is not the hotel for you. The first room I checked into was big with a plastic covered Murphy bed. Once I got a nicer room with a real bed it was very comfortable. Beds are great, the restaurant is good the pool is perfect for laps and nicely heated in February. The workout room is very small and it is a $35 cab ride to the beach. The people are good although the front desk could use some better training since I am a Platinum member and asked for an upgrade and a quiet room and got a Murphy bed on the first room and 8 feet from the ice machine on the second. Familiarity with your own hotel is a good training exercise.. Other than that it is a good place for a conference etc. A side note the cuban restaurant around the corner is horrible.called The LAs Vegas. The Chicken was very dry the ropa vieja was stringy and tasteless. I love Cuban food and look forward to having it whenever in Miami. Find another place to eat.

Room Tip: The rooms and bathrooms on the upgrade are quite nice and worth it. Be aware of the ice machine at...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Danville, California
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just got back from a 3 day conference held at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. While an older property, the hotel was an excellent place to hold a conference. All the conference facilities were very close to the lodging. Many different conference room sizes. The food for breakfast and lunch was fresh and plentiful. The staff, conference, front desk and house keeping all went beyond the call of duty, extremely polite and friendly. The hotel was in a great location with many restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. I visit alot of conference locations, and I very much enjoyed the comfort of this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I really appreciate that you took the time to provide such wonderful feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. I’m pleased that you found the conference facilities to be excellent. I’ll be sure to share your kind words about the staff and their terrific service with our management team. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I hope to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
#4 of 11 in Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!