This is your regular large corporate chain hotel, and we didn't have any issues. A large group of us came for a wedding, and it was a great place to stay. It's not near the beach, so you will need a rental car or a cab. The pool bartender told us that taxi's won't take you to the nature reserve because they're not allowed, but they can take you to South Beach. However, the ride can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour in traffic. We didn't go, so I can't say if this is true. However, it is only a 15 minute drive from Vizcaya Gardens which is definitely a must-see if you like beautiful old mansions and immaculate fantasy-like gardens. There is also a nice shopping mall nearby that a few of our friends went to, but which I didn't go to myself. It is walking distance from the Miracle Mile, which isn't that much of a miracle, but has some restaurants on it. The Millers Ale House has awful food but Thursday is Ladies Night, so drinks are free. Ponce de Leon Blvd also has some nice restaurants on it and is in walking distance.
The hotel itself has a very large pool that is situated in such a way to maximize direct sunlight for optimal tanning. There were always plenty of chairs for everyone. There was never any crazy "party" crowd there, so it was peaceful. The mango smoothie at the pool was pretty good too. The rooms look pretty recently renovated, in a neutral, almost Moorish Mediterranean style. The A/C is very powerful though, and we had to turn ours off because it was freezing. The windows to our room couldn't open, so we couldn't let the cold air out either. The lobby of the hotel is also always really cold (as were most of the places we visited around Miami).
The hotel restaurant is ok, nothing special, and a little on the expensive side. For a cheaper breakfast, there is a coffee shop around the corner on Galiano St called Pasion del Cielo with great little empanadas and good coffee.
Our only negatives would be that the key cards were finnicky (you have to swipe fast!), and room service didn't come the second day, which was interesting. Normally even if they don't change the sheets, they at least make up the bed and arrange the bathroom towels and toiletries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the "Beverly Hills of Miami", Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, a stunning AAA Four Diamond hotel set in the heart of Coral Gables offers the unparalleled personalized service and luxurious accommodations that you seek for your weekend getaway. Relax by the pool with a fresh Mojito or enjoy regional flavors at Two Sisters, our award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Coral Gables